Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,759 views. Print
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
February 15, 2012, 4:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,350
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Quagmire

Not trying to stir anything up, just a genuine question.

John Fenty has the potential to financially benefit from a decision that his own brother (and potentially other family members) can directly influence via his / their vote(s).

I think it's best someone looks into the legalities of this.

Don't know about MP's and conflicts of interest but several councillors had to abstain from the Great Coates stadium vote because there was supposedly a conflict of interest as they were Town fans.

John fenty has the potential to benefit  ? It's costing him another 200000 quid on top of the money he has already poured into the club think it would take a lot of football fortune for him to benefit just be grateful he is prepared to keep throwing money in and if a big if he is ever in a position to benefit from his investment who could blame him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 309
pontoonlew
February 15, 2012, 4:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 177
All seems a bit confusing from the outside looking in. The trust want to give Fenty 200k of shares (we have 500k as a trust do we?) in return he'll pump in 200k of his own money into the club thus getting 400k at half price but pumping more money into the club for our security? Then what? Does he become Chairman again then? All seems like a good idea if this is the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 309
80sglory
February 15, 2012, 4:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm a member of the Trust but I don't think shrouding what is done in mystery is a positive thing. The Trust needs to be careful that it doesn't create an 'us and them' scenario - whilst non-members aren't entitled to vote, I do think they're entitled to know what's happening and to have an opinion. Alienating and excluding people completely won't persuade anybody to join up.

I agree.

I'm a trust member and have received the paperwork.

Saw 4 pages on this thread and expected to see an interesting debate.

Instead the proposal hasn't even been made public ! (not that I can see anyway)
I ask you, is this really the best way forward ?....

I'm personally unsure on the proposal (tbf think gymadman is probably right), but in any case I don't want to be slagged off for making it public and it would be nice to be in a postion to openly debate the issue and ask follow up questions before I vote.

Yes I can e-mail the trust but I always prefer everything to be in a public domain because I value the wider range of opinions of fishy posters and GTFC fans.

I actually was pleasantly suprised to read some good things coming from the trust but if they want membership to explode, they need to stop living in fear, jumping at shadows and be more open and share it.

Then again, I wonder if they want that ?
They've arguably missed another opportunity to engage interest and potentially boost membership by making it public before the vote.

tbh if the vote passes I'm already thinking there's a case for handing over any hypothetical remaining 13% of shares to JF.
If a similar situation is gonna crop up later (tbh from what I've read I see no reason why it might not), then stop wasting everyone's time (including GTST themselves) and get it over with !  
Reply: 72 - 309
SkegFan
February 15, 2012, 4:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / 0
I am a fully paid up trust member for life.

Look forward to getting home tonight and reading my letter. But if it is as suggested a vote on gifting an element of our shareholding to John Fenty in return for him buying a further equivalent amount of shares, then I for one will be voting "YES".

John Fenty continues to work financial miracles for our club. He continues to throw money in which he knows he is never ever likely to see again. He really has been a diamond geezer for us on the financial front, and he is now getting the results he deserves for his efforts as far as football results are concerned.

There is no better man to have at our helm as far as I am concerned. He has been around a very expensive and torrid learning curve and there is now a light at the end of the tunnel that he deserves.

So if this is this the vote, then I will be voting a firm YES.

Oh and I am in no way related to John Fenty.

Cheers
Skeggy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 309
Trawler
February 15, 2012, 4:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1600

They've arguably missed another opportunity to engage interest and potentially boost membership by making it public before the vote.

No opportunities have been missed.  The vote deadline is not until March 5th and the ballot papers only started reaching members today.

So there's plenty of time for this to be placed officially in the public domain and to engage interest and potentially boost membership by making it public before the vote. Is there not?

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 309
sonik
February 15, 2012, 4:50pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from SkegFan
I am a fully paid up trust member for life.

Look forward to getting home tonight and reading my letter. But if it is as suggested a vote on gifting an element of our shareholding to John Fenty in return for him buying a further equivalent amount of shares, then I for one will be voting "YES".

John Fenty continues to work financial miracles for our club. He continues to throw money in which he knows he is never ever likely to see again. He really has been a diamond geezer for us on the financial front, and he is now getting the results he deserves for his efforts as far as football results are concerned.

There is no better man to have at our helm as far as I am concerned. He has been around a very expensive and torrid learning curve and there is now a light at the end of the tunnel that he deserves.

So if this is this the vote, then I will be voting a firm YES.

Oh and I am in no way related to John Fenty.

Cheers
Skeggy

And I'll second that.  Related that is!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 309
Rodley Mariner
February 15, 2012, 4:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from pontoonlew
All seems a bit confusing from the outside looking in. The trust want to give Fenty 200k of shares (we have 500k as a trust do we?) in return he'll pump in 200k of his own money into the club thus getting 400k at half price but pumping more money into the club for our security? Then what? Does he become Chairman again then? All seems like a good idea if this is the case.

The suggestion is that Hearn was likely to be sold unless the voting rights to 200,000 shares  were transferred from the Trust to JF so this happened. The vote is that 200,000 shares be transferred to JF from the Trust. He in turn will buy 200,000 more to fund the club until the end of May 2013. In return the Trust doesn't seem to get anything particularly solid: 'to be involved in on-going budget setting' whatever that means.

The thing is, what about post May 2013? This is pretty short term stuff we're talking about? How much of the losses will be covered by the Bennett money and (let's be honest) the likely sale of Hearn in the Summer? If JF is 'covering losses' in return, could these losses end up not amounting to much? In May 2013, will he want more shares? From the start of initial negotiations what concessions has Mr Fenty made if any or are these simply  his demands? Has the Trust board asked for a place on the Board of the Club in return for the shares?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 309
Wrawby_Mariner
February 15, 2012, 5:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

The suggestion is that Hearn was likely to be sold unless the voting rights to 200,000 shares  were transferred from the Trust to JF so this happened. The vote is that 200,000 shares be transferred to JF from the Trust. He in turn will buy 200,000 more to fund the club until the end of May 2013. In return the Trust doesn't seem to get anything particularly solid: 'to be involved in on-going budget setting' whatever that means.

The thing is, what about post May 2013? This is pretty short term stuff we're talking about? How much of the losses will be covered by the Bennett money and (let's be honest) the likely sale of Hearn in the Summer? If JF is 'covering losses' in return, could these losses end up not amounting to much? In May 2013, will he want more shares? From the start of initial negotiations what concessions has Mr Fenty made if any or are these simply  his demands? Has the Trust board asked for a place on the Board of the Club in return for the shares?

This is My view and not the view of the Trusts.

If the Trust did not give up the voting rights to 200,000 shares then Liam Hearn would have been sold. If Hearn was sold then the Trust would have have received the blame and effectively killed the Trust. Since The Trust have pledged the voting rights to shares in favour of Mr Fenty, but the Trust still own the shares. Fenty is asking for the ownership of the shares the Trust gave him the voting rights to. In return he will invest a further 200k etc
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 77 - 309
aaron rattray
February 15, 2012, 5:11pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
whos the leader of the trust anyway. does he post on here?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 309
Grim_Exile
February 15, 2012, 5:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from aaron rattray
whos the leader of the trust anyway. does he post on here?

Some homework for you, Aaron >> http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/index.php/contactus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 309
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.