Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,772 views. Print
31 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
February 15, 2012, 9:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He makes all the decisions, he should pay for them. If appointing Woodsy was the only decision you have disagreed with you have not been watching closely or long enough.

I've had a season ticket since 98 and watched my first game in 97, not bad for a 20 year old! So basically my entire time supporting Town has been under Fenty, I do understand that mistakes have been made but running this club in particular must feel like an impossible task at times. There is a pressure from the fans who in fairness think we should be higher. We've had some rotten luck in and amongst bad decisions and at times Fenty should be given the benefit of the doubt. The Woods decision was his chance to save us from relegation and the wrong choice was made, let us not forget however that a lot of know all's on here told us Slades football was 'not easy on the eye' and ignored his impressive history to have kittens at the thought of him dragging us out the League 2 relegation zone. It's easy for fans to come on here and say what he's done wrong but it's the same fans who were happy to have Newell and Woods and in return not have Slade and wanted to sack the current two. Fenty is in a lose lose situation at times and I think on this one he's taking the bull by the horns by saying this IS the best way for the club.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 309
Dan
February 15, 2012, 9:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
No.

But that's not how these things work is it? The board are elected to make decisions in the same way a parliament is elected to make decisions. Not everything goes to a referendum.
As it happens, I think they did the right thing. I imagine most members feel the same way. Looks like those who aren't members mostly don't. Well if you joined up and were active on the trusts board, maybe it would be different.

I speak only as a member, I have no idea who the board are.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 309
80sglory
February 15, 2012, 9:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from voice of reason
Nope I think what he means is, the Trust was told that unless they gave over the voting rights the club was going to sell Hearn

You may well be right but I'm not 100% convinced as yet.
tbh I'm just confused !

Talking about relinquishing voting rights the letter says:

"This enabled enquiries for our players to be turned aside and assisted in the signing of a new player."

What would the club want with these voting rights ?
Is it about players or about an AGM/control of the boardroom ?

The club now have these voting rights but haven't sold Hearn.
But they would have sold him had they not had control of the vote ?
Maybe I'm mistaken or missing something but it makes no sense ?....

I may be completely wrong but to parpahrase the letter, I personally interpeted it as...  

"Since the club needed money and the trust couldn't meaningfully help there, the trust looked at ways to help it's finances.
Realising John Fenty was the only option we handed over our voting rights to him to make sure WE weren't forced to consider voting for selling our best players/(calling an AGM ?) in order to raise the short term finance the club needed."

The trust are now saying it's vital we keep the squad together.
I guess just so long as the money is there everyone's gonna say that ?
Reply: 122 - 309
blasty
February 15, 2012, 9:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
Quoted from Dan
No.

But that's not how these things work is it? The board are elected to make decisions in the same way a parliament is elected to make decisions. Not everything goes to a referendum.
As it happens, I think they did the right thing. I imagine most members feel the same way. Looks like those who aren't members mostly don't. Well if you joined up and were active on the trusts board, maybe it would be different.

I speak only as a member, I have no idea who the board are.

So I would only have a say/vote on issues the trust board thought I should have a say on? Interesting angle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 309
psgmariner
February 15, 2012, 9:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from blasty

So I would only have a say/vote on issues the trust board thought I should have a say on? Interesting angle

You've cracked it.

Just like in any other business. The Board of the place I very rarely ask for my opinion.

Private Message
Reply: 124 - 309
Dan
February 15, 2012, 9:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from blasty

Exactly. Like I say, that's actually how democratic decision making works. And there was absolutely nothing to stop you being on the board. Remember, it was about November time, they were asking for people to step forward. Yeah.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 309
voice of reason
February 15, 2012, 9:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Dan

Exactly. Like I say, that's actually how democratic decision making works. And there was absolutely nothing to stop you being on the board. Remember, it was about November time, they were asking for people to step forward. Yeah.

You make it sound like people should be happy to just go along with the idea of the trust supposedly representing the fans views...

Some people never wanted the trust involved (I have to say I wasn't one of these, I was willing to give them a go) in the first place but they were forced upon them... Now they are told in order to have a say about something to do with their club they have to pay the trust, which was forced upon them, to have this say...

I personally can understand why some people are drunk off about this...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 309
psgmariner
February 15, 2012, 9:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33

You make it sound like people should be happy to just go along with the idea of the trust supposedly representing the fans views...

Some people never wanted the trust involved (I have to say I wasn't one of these, I was willing to give them a go) in the first place but they were forced upon them... Now they are told in order to have a say about something to do with their club they have to pay the trust, which was forced upon them, to have this say...

Eh? That makes no sense.

Private Message
Reply: 127 - 309
voice of reason
February 15, 2012, 9:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from psgmariner

Eh? That makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense to me but then it would as I wrote it... What you struggling with...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 309
MeanwoodMariner
February 15, 2012, 9:52pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8

You seem to fail to understand what the Trust is. It does not "represent the fans views" in the way you seem to think it should. It is a collection of people who have paid to join and have their say on issues like this one. Clearly all of the people involved are fans and want the best for the club but they have no obligation to canvas opinions of non-trust members.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 309
31 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.