Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,764 views. Print
31 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 15, 2012, 11:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Anyway, right now I feel like saying "sod it". It was a nice idea but ultimately doomed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 309
SkegFan
February 15, 2012, 11:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Skeggy, and why do we need so much cash in the first place? It all smacks of the bankers farrago again. Oh you've copulated things up. Let's give you the opportunity to do it again. No no. We don't want any more controls.

Its not a question of JF's morality. I'm sure there's no financial benefit to him. It's about track record.

It's also about supporters having a real say in how their club is run. This is a backward step. Why not disband the organisation now.

Fella I am a life member of the Trust. But I am not naive to think that a community run club will ever be able to run our club financially. It can't and never will be able to.

John Fenty's track record is currently improving if you are considering football matters. Infact you would have to say that JF is the form man as far as running a football club is concerned.

Financially he has been top class too. His dealing with Ryan Bennett and Peterborough was a master stroke, not this season, but when he sold Bennett with such a terrific sell on clause.

His historical dealings with HMRC have been first class too.

His only failings have been in managerial choice. But it seems he has now cracked that problem too.

The Trust cannot give GTFC what it needs. Hard cash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 309
Chris
February 15, 2012, 11:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
There is another viewpoint of course that would argue that the board of GTFC shouldn't be budgeting to lose money which is what has brought us to where we stand right now.

If JF ceased to exist tomorrow, what would become of GTFC? Should we be making our club totally dependant upon one man?

Just thoughts that all supporters of GTFC should have. Does it ensure we stay BSP? Not necessarily, but overspending year on year is a road straight to disaster in time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 11:56pm
Guest User
How does that work skeg. . . 8 years of abject failure as chairman. . . he resigns and we are the highest scoring team in england! Now you tell me thats a good record!
Reply: 153 - 309
pontoonlew
February 16, 2012, 12:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from SkegFan
Look everybody, this was always going to be the case. The Trust is brassic apart from a paper value. It has no cash to support the club with. Some pleasant ideas but no hard cash.

Nobody else is offering any cash either.

The only person who is prepared to put his money where his mouth is, once again, is John Fenty.

Critic John Fenty all you like, but there isn't another person amongst us that has the wealth, the bottle or the nads to invest huge amounts of cash. Cash that is that you are never likely to ever see again as Football Clubs are bottom less hollows where your money disappears never to be seen again.

I say thank you very much John Fenty for your continued support. I really don't know how you remain so committed and motivated for the club when there are so many people that are happy to hide behind their keyboards whilst knocking you. You are a bloody saint. A remarkable person and you must be the most avid supporter of Grimsby Town out of all of us. We are lucky to have you John. I know that the likes of Kettering, Darlington, Luton, Portsmouth and all of the others would have been delighted to have somebody like you on board, somebody prepared keep throwing in his hard earned cash.

VOTE YES IF YOU ARE TRUST MEMBER. I AM AND I AM VOTING YES

Best post on the thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 309
pontoonlew
February 16, 2012, 12:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from 1054
How does that work skeg. . . 8 years of abject failure as chairman. . . he resigns and we are the highest scoring team in england! Now you tell me thats a good record!

Please not this again, that is something plucked up from the air to support your stupid obsession with wanting the only person who can see that this club survives, out.

John Fenty is the chairman of this football club in all but title. His decisions are still the backbone of this club and his money still pays the players on the pitch. You don't have one single fact that supports that stupid idea. Unless we had a new chairman who came in and brought in a new manager and a new set-up. Please, you seem like an intelligent person in general even if your views on here are often daft at best. But surely you are not THAT stupid to think because John Fenty changed his office that we started winning?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 309
STB
February 16, 2012, 1:22am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Just to lighten the mood a bit, I tried to set fire to one of my farts and got a bit of blowback which singed some scrotal hairs resulting in minor nad discomfort.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 309
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 2:40am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from STB
Just to lighten the mood a bit, I tried to set fire to one of my farts and got a bit of blowback which singed some scrotal hairs resulting in minor nad discomfort.

I've never been able to pluck up the courage to 'torch one commando style'.  I ran an experiment in my youth which basically involved farting into a crisp packet and then setting fire to it in a 'controlled environment'.  Sadly that fatal fascination that many of us have with the pungency of our own emissions resulted in the 'controlled environment' being at the end of my nose.  Two singed eyebrows and a hand, shrink wrapped in 'walkers finest', later and my fascination in the combustible properties of my farts became a distant but painful memory.  These days I just play 'stick it' with the wife, this involves me farting in bed, forcing her head under the quilt and seeing how long she can stick it.  Much safer.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 309
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 16, 2012, 2:52am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from SkegFan

Fella I am a life member of the Trust. But I am not naive to think that a community run club will ever be able to run our club financially. It can't and never will be able to.

John Fenty's track record is currently improving if you are considering football matters. Infact you would have to say that JF is the form man as far as running a football club is concerned.

Financially he has been top class too. His dealing with Ryan Bennett and Peterborough was a master stroke, not this season, but when he sold Bennett with such a terrific sell on clause.

His historical dealings with HMRC have been first class too.

His only failings have been in managerial choice. But it seems he has now cracked that problem too.

The Trust cannot give GTFC what it needs. Hard cash.

You're having a laugh? "you would have to say that JF is the form man as far as running a football club is concerned." Unless by form you mean bad form. The man who has led us to our lowest ebb since we joined the Football Alliance 120odd years ago?

As has been pointed out elsewhere, there was nothing unique about the Bennett deal.And everyone who's got into debt with the tax man would try for staged payments.

And I've seen no evidence that JF's track record is improving. He might have finally appointed some managers who are getting some success on the pitch, but he's had enough throws of the dice so a six was bound to turn up sooner or later.

There's nothing naive about a community run football club. Sure it ain't gonna happen at GY any time soon. But it never will if the people involved in the organisation which is all about community involvement lacks vision and runs scared every time JF says jump. I agree the response from fans generally to the idea of a Trust has been disappointing. But I'm beginning to think the cynics were right all along.

If it's a case of finding a sugar daddy to fund success you may as well follow Man City.

By the way, I too am a life member. It means jackshit in terms of the argument though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 309
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 16, 2012, 2:57am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew

John Fenty is the chairman of this football club in all but title. His decisions are still the backbone of this club and his money still pays the players on the pitch. You don't have one single fact that supports that stupid idea. Unless we had a new chairman who came in and brought in a new manager and a new set-up. Please, you seem like an intelligent person in general even if your views on here are often daft at best. But surely you are not THAT stupid to think because John Fenty changed his office that we started winning?

So basially you are saying him resigning as chairman was merely a gesture. I'm shocked you could say such a thing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 309
31 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.