Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,697 views. Print
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
gaz57
February 15, 2012, 12:43pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Grim_Exile
Your post was made at 6.44am - no response in 4 hours - disgraceful!  Sort it out Chris, Dave et al

Personally, I'm going to wait for the postman to arrive to find out what's going on.....

Must be good your postman, try and get him on the fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 1:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tinymariner
TBF if you are not a member of the trust it has nothing to do with you! (Awaits backlash)

Calm down mate, you have chipped in a tenner and you think that gives you more of an interest in GTFC than me.  That type of sentiment is the problem with the trust and was the problem with the last trust.

Everyone wants their little bit of power and you know what?  You are gonna throw it all away by giving the shares to fenty!  It is decisons like that that made me hold off on becpoming a memeber of the trust and will continue to dissuade me in the future.

It is OUR club, not the trust's, not fenty's and (even though you have chucked a tenner on the table) not yours!!!  Awaits dull response. . .
Reply: 31 - 309
Trawler
February 15, 2012, 1:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1054

Calm down mate, you have chipped in a tenner and you think that gives you more of an interest in GTFC than me.  That type of sentiment is the problem with the trust and was the problem with the last trust.

Everyone wants their little bit of power and you know what?  You are gonna throw it all away by giving the shares to fenty!  It is decisons like that that made me hold off on becpoming a memeber of the trust and will continue to dissuade me in the future.

It is OUR club, not the trust's, not fenty's and (even though you have chucked a tenner on the table) not yours!!!  Awaits dull response. . .

#flawedlogic

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 309
crusty ole pie
February 15, 2012, 1:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from 1054

What a load of balderdash you talk anyone who gets involved in the trust is power mad and doing it for their own ego yet when they go to the members for a vote this displeases you also. perhaps you should throw your tenner on the table and let the trust benefit from your wisdom

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 309
Wrawby_Mariner
February 15, 2012, 1:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1054

I totally see what you're saying but without the knowledge of why there is a ballot its unfair to say it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 34 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 1:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from Devonmatt

WHS.  If you haven't joined the trust then quite frankly you have no basis from which to comment on the actions there of.

And all because you have joined the trust, it does not give you the right to be spokesmen for every supporter. . . .

You have chipped in a tenner and you think that will give you a seat next to Fenty.  The Trust has yet to convince me of their value, comments such as yours re-assure me that I am right about this.  Folk saying they are going to give the shares to fenty just about sums up the mentality of many on the trust and to be honest, I would rather have no part of it!!!
Reply: 35 - 309
Rodley Mariner
February 15, 2012, 1:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I'm a member of the Trust but I don't think shrouding what is done in mystery is a positive thing. The Trust needs to be careful that it doesn't create an 'us and them' scenario - whilst non-members aren't entitled to vote, I do think they're entitled to know what's happening and to have an opinion. Alienating and excluding people completely won't persuade anybody to join up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 309
Dan
February 15, 2012, 1:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from 1054

And all because you have joined the trust, it does not give you the right to be spokesmen for every supporter. . . .

You have chipped in a tenner and you think that will give you a seat next to Fenty.  The Trust has yet to convince me of their value, comments such as yours re-assure me that I am right about this.  Folk saying they are going to give the shares to fenty just about sums up the mentality of many on the trust and to be honest, I would rather have no part of it!!!

But it's going to a vote. I may very well vote no. You have no say whatsoever....

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 1:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from Dan

But it's going to a vote. I may very well vote no. You have no say whatsoever....

You are correct when you say I have no say whatsoever in the trust.  The trust is an organisation which holds no sway over the board or fenty or the club. . . . they are pretty much Fenty's fundraising arm.  You hold no sway, I have no say in you holding no sway. . . what is the difference???
Reply: 38 - 309
psgmariner
February 15, 2012, 1:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 1054

The trust is an organisation which holds no sway over the board or fenty or the club. . . . they are pretty much Fenty's fundraising arm.

Why are you so bothered about them then?

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 309
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.