Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Jackal and 6 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,876 views. Print
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Dan
February 15, 2012, 1:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from 1054

You are correct when you say I have no say whatsoever in the trust.  The trust is an organisation which holds no sway over the board or fenty or the club. . . . they are pretty much Fenty's fundraising arm.  You hold no sway, I have no say in you holding no sway. . . what is the difference???

Well, to paraphrase then, you're saying it's nothing to do with you. So you can be quiet now.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 1:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from psgmariner

Why are you so bothered about them then?

Because I am bothered about GTFC and many of the trust members on here seem to assume an air of superiority and indeed spokesmanship for the entire fan base. . . not in my name!  Hope this makes it clear
Reply: 41 - 309
Trawler
February 15, 2012, 1:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1054

The trust is an organisation which holds no sway over the board or fenty or the club

You may want to retract that statement in due course.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 309
wodewick
February 15, 2012, 1:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +24
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm a member of the Trust but I don't think shrouding what is done in mystery is a positive thing. The Trust needs to be careful that it doesn't create an 'us and them' scenario - whilst non-members aren't entitled to vote, I do think they're entitled to know what's happening and to have an opinion. Alienating and excluding people completely won't persuade anybody to join up.

Good point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 309
marinerjase
February 15, 2012, 1:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 147
If the ex chairman wants to protect his interests etc then fair enough...but to bargain himself into getting trust shares and then purchasing more is surely just holding the trust to ransom?

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 309
crusty ole pie
February 15, 2012, 1:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
[
quote=708]

Well, to paraphrase then, you're saying it's nothing to do with you. So you can be quiet now.[/quote]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 1:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from Dan

Well, to paraphrase then, you're saying it's nothing to do with you. So you can be quiet now.

It has something to do with me when people who are in the trust assume the spokesmanship for the entire fanbase.  You can do what you want with the trust, run a tombola, tell fenty the catering is sh1t, bankroll the youth team for all i care but realise you do not speak for every supporter.

I am a shareholder and have been for years, ok it is small shareholding (but a lot more money than you have chipped in to become a member of the Trust).  This is a fans' forum, not a trust one.  People get very confused when they get over excited and think they are going to test the skills gained on their PC playing at running a foottball club in the real world!!!
Reply: 46 - 309
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 15, 2012, 1:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from crusty ole pie

What a load of balderdash you talk anyone who gets involved in the trust is power mad and doing it for their own ego yet when they go to the members for a vote this displeases you also. perhaps you should throw your tenner on the table and let the trust benefit from your wisdom

next meeting at the masonic hall?? lol

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 309
Dan
February 15, 2012, 1:57pm

Exile
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from 1054

It has something to do with me when people who are in the trust assume the spokesmanship for the entire fanbase.

I see no evidence of this in this thread. And since this thread is titled 'E-Mail from the Trust' you would be well aware that contents of said email do not involve you or need your input, because, well, people who aren't in the trust need to realise that they do not speak for the entire trust membership

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 309
Devonmatt
February 15, 2012, 1:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from Dan

I see no evidence of this in this thread. And since this thread is titled 'E-Mail from the Trust' you would be well aware that contents of said email do not involve you or need your input, because, well, people who aren't in the trust need to realise that they do not speak for the entire trust membership

Boom!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 309
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.