Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,769 views. Print
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
February 15, 2012, 5:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

If the Trust did not give up the voting rights to 200,000 shares then Liam Hearn would have been sold. If Hearn was sold then the Trust would have have received the blame and effectively killed the Trust.

It almost sounds like our esteemed ex-chairman has been making threats?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 309
Chris
February 15, 2012, 5:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Read the letters carefully, more than once, twice, ten times if neccessary.

Make your choices. Choose well people. Good Luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 309
Rodley Mariner
February 15, 2012, 5:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

This is My view and not the view of the Trusts.

Marc - can you confirm whether the Trust has asked for a place on the Board in return for the shares and what was said in return? Also, what does being involved in setting the budget actually mean?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 309
Quagmire
February 15, 2012, 5:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +931
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from crusty ole pie

John fenty has the potential to benefit  ? It's costing him another 200000 quid on top of the money he has already poured into the club think it would take a lot of football fortune for him to benefit just be grateful he is prepared to keep throwing money in and if a big if he is ever in a position to benefit from his investment who could blame him

John Fenty has the potential to benefit financially from this, yes.

Irrespective of likelihood, if someone came in to take the club over and offered to pay him his loans back and £1 per £1 in shares he would benefit to the tune of £200,000.

There is clearly a conflict of interest here and this should be looked at.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 309
Quagmire
February 15, 2012, 5:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +931
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Chris
Read the letters carefully, more than once, twice, ten times if neccessary.

Make your choices. Choose well people. Good Luck.

Is it possible to create some kind of Q&A thread for Trust members and Trust board members to discuss things?  Might be a good idea to have one central location for Q&A's on this ballot - people can PM you their questions and you can add them to a thread with the answer?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 309
Chris
February 15, 2012, 5:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Quagmire

Is it possible to create some kind of Q&A thread for Trust members and Trust board members to discuss things?  Might be a good idea to have one central location for Q&A's on this ballot - people can PM you their questions and you can add them to a thread with the answer?

I'd expect Trust Chair Chris P to view this request and no doubt he'd speak with other sto decide whether this was deemed appropriate. I'm afraid it's not within my remit to agree to anything like that. Sorry I cant help mor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 309
headingly_mariner
February 15, 2012, 6:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Absolutely unbelievable that the trust would consider giving any shares to Fenty. The trust board have clearly been bamboozled into this and have shown how painfully weak they are. The club have finally started to go well and Fenty and the trust have found a way to divide the fans and fucck the progress up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 309
Sixpence
February 15, 2012, 6:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -6
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Absolutely unbelievable that the trust would consider giving any shares to Fenty. The trust board have clearly been bamboozled into this and have shown how painfully weak they are. The club have finally started to go well and Fenty and the trust have found a way to divide the fans and fucck the progress up.

And you know all the facts do you?  Harsh comments if you ask me.  Trust members and the board hopefully will make a balanced opinion and vote for the benefit of GTFC.  We shall see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 309
voice of reason
February 15, 2012, 6:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
For all you saying you have to be a member to comment on this, why don't you all fook off and create a Trust members only board then and discuss it there instead of posting it on a public forum...??? Some of you are so far up your own arses you're sucking on your tonsils... Get the fook over yourselves...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 309
voice of reason
February 15, 2012, 6:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Oh and one last thing - the trust hasn't earned it's right to speak up on the fans behalf, it was gifted to them... After hearing how slow the uptake of membership had been I think the general consensus amongst the majority of Town fans is that they don't want the Trust to act on their behalf, yet it has pretty much been forced upon them...

Personally I waited before deciding whether to join or not, I have to say i'm pleased I did... I'm not having a personal dig at the board members because they have my full respect for trying to help and giving up their time etc but for me it just doesn't seem to be working at the minute... I'm sure others will disagree and they will never be able to please everyone all the time, I guess at the minute they are failing to please me...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 309
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.