Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,758 views. Print
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 6:47pm
Guest User
If the above is true. . . then fenty has played the trust like a cheap fiddle! How is fenty (who lets not forget is NOT) our current chairman negotiate thatwhen that other guy has been in charge. I dont really see how an unappointed supporters trust and a former chairman make decisions about the playing staff! Whilst Fenty's chairmanship of the club has been debated ad nauseum on here . . . No one can deny he  is one hell of a good businessman!
Reply: 90 - 309
Tinymariner
February 15, 2012, 6:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I should have made my views a little clearer. What I meant to say was that if people want their opinions or ideas to be put forward to the club then they should join the trust. I am not yet a member of the trust, thankyou very much, my membership is pending. However, I did not intend to offend or ostracize anyone.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 309
pontoonlew
February 15, 2012, 6:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Absolutely unbelievable that the trust would consider giving any shares to Fenty. The trust board have clearly been bamboozled into this and have shown how painfully weak they are. The club have finally started to go well and Fenty and the trust have found a way to divide the fans and fucck the progress up.

Started to go well on the pitch but up until the big burst of money from the Bennett fee (which Fenty engineered) absolutely plunged off it. After seeing what happened to those who cannot be named in our league, what do you suggest? intercourse the progress up? What progress is that exactly, losing 900k a year and now having nobody to plug that gap? That's brilliant progress! You in particular are blind to the facts in your hate of Fenty. If the trust doesn't accept this the club will be 200k worse off and would be without our best player due to HAVING to sell. But hey ho, we're making good progress according to Headingly so intercourse Fenty and his club saving money!

What does grind my gears is why the trust see that £10 makes it some sort of gentleman's club and won't relay vital information regarding the club onto the fan's who don't pay the £10. When was the trust actually going to come out and make this info public exactly?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 309
SkegFan
February 15, 2012, 7:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Ok I got home, read the letter, voted yes and posted the letter back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 309
Quagmire
February 15, 2012, 7:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +931
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from pontoonlew

... until the big burst of money from the Bennett fee (which Fenty engineered)

Engineered???  Don't make me laugh!

It's pretty basic, standard operating procedure to have a sell-on clause when clubs sell a young player on.  It's hardly some genius idea that Fenty came out with and nobody has ever done this in the past.

If anyone deserves credit for the Bennett money it is Ferguson and Fry at Posh for advancing him way beyond what GTFC could have done.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 309
SuperJoeyWaters
February 15, 2012, 7:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +45
Quoted from SkegFan
Ok I got home, read the letter, voted yes and posted the letter back.

SAME HERE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 309
voice of reason
February 15, 2012, 7:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

This is My view and not the view of the Trusts.

If the Trust did not give up the voting rights to 200,000 shares then Liam Hearn would have been sold.
If Hearn was sold then the Trust would have have received the blame and effectively killed the Trust. Since The Trust have pledged the voting rights to shares in favour of Mr Fenty, but the Trust still own the shares. Fenty is asking for the ownership of the shares the Trust gave him the voting rights to. In return he will invest a further 200k etc

Was there a ballot on the trust giving up voting rights on the 200,000 shares or was it an executive decision taken by the trust board?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 309
BlackBoots
February 15, 2012, 7:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Wow!

Just read the letter. Had to do so twice to follow it!

Seems the guys and gals on the Trust board have been through the mill sorting this out!

The letter is balanced and well written. My view is that the club/JF have held a gun to the head of the Trust. They, and us members, really don't have a choice as far as I can see.

If there are other businessmen/investors willing to put up significant amounts of cash to buy Fenty out they would have shown their hand by now. They haven't so for me this is a no brainer.

Its a Yes from me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 309
headingly_mariner
February 15, 2012, 7:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from pontoonlew

Started to go well on the pitch but up until the big burst of money from the Bennett fee (which Fenty engineered) absolutely plunged off it. After seeing what happened to those who cannot be named in our league, what do you suggest? intercourse the progress up? What progress is that exactly, losing 900k a year and now having nobody to plug that gap? That's brilliant progress! You in particular are blind to the facts in your hate of Fenty. If the trust doesn't accept this the club will be 200k worse off and would be without our best player due to HAVING to sell. But hey ho, we're making good progress according to Headingly so intercourse Fenty and his club saving money!

What does grind my gears is why the trust see that £10 makes it some sort of gentleman's club and won't relay vital information regarding the club onto the fan's who don't pay the £10. When was the trust actually going to come out and make this info public exactly?

The point is that if what is said is true then Fenty has been able to hold the trust to ransom to get free shares. Fenty has caused or financial woes and is the worst chairman in our history and now he wants the fans to give him 200k worth of shares, it is unbelievable. I don't hate Fenty i just think he has been a poison for the club. The club is in his stranglehold already because of the loans and people who have been willing to take the club on have been put off doing this because of these loans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 309
Wrawby_Mariner
February 15, 2012, 7:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from voice of reason

Was there a ballot on the trust giving up voting rights on the 200,000 shares or was it an executive decision taken by the trust board?

Given how long it would have taken would have taken us past the transfer window and Hearn would have been sold
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 99 - 309
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.