Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,757 views. Print
31 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
February 15, 2012, 8:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

The voting rights to 200,000 shares have been handed over without consultation of members. The first I knew of this as a member of the Trust was today. The postal vote is whether to now hand over those 200,000 shares.

I did not know that was the case, that is just embarrassing fenty has pull the trusts pants down. Why are the trust board so quiet about it? What is the point of having members?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 309
blasty
February 15, 2012, 8:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227

The voting rights to 200,000 shares have been handed over without consultation of members. The first I knew of this as a member of the Trust was today. The postal vote is whether to now hand over those 200,000 shares.

Surely this is very wrong, would be interesting (as a non trust member, who has been thinking about joining) to understand the thought process behind this, I wonder that if important decisions such as this can be and are taken in isolation without canvassing option of trust members, how can the trust claim to serve its members??

I have also very much been a sitter on the fence in terms of Mr Fenty's stewardship but if true that a gun as such had been placed to the Trusts head by Mr Fenty, I find this most distasteful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 309
woodi147
February 15, 2012, 8:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1054

Calm down mate, you have chipped in a tenner and you think that gives you more of an interest in GTFC than me.  That type of sentiment is the problem with the trust and was the problem with the last trust.

Everyone wants their little bit of power and you know what?  You are gonna throw it all away by giving the shares to fenty!  It is decisons like that that made me hold off on becpoming a memeber of the trust and will continue to dissuade me in the future.

It is OUR club, not the trust's, not fenty's and (even though you have chucked a tenner on the table) not yours!!!  Awaits dull response. . .

Well said that man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 309
DocDock
February 15, 2012, 8:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3

If that's the case i'm really disappointed the trust have done this without the members having a say. Perhaps i'm missing something but surely being a trust member should entitle you to have a say on this, irregardless of whether it's right or wrong for the club? Otherwise what's the point of being a trust member?

As for it not being made available to the public, i have to say i disagree with the decision. Something like this has the potential to affect the future of the club and needs to be known to all fans, trust members or not. I've had to find out about this through the fishy, which i shouldn't have to. Information like this needs to be made available on the offical website, and also via other social networking sites.

I agree with what other people have said about this looking like John Fenty has manipulated the situation to get effectively "free" shares. Could be coincidence with Bennett being sold but if the trust are being forced to sell shares why does it appear they're giving them away with no provisions set in place?

Basically the lack of clear information is leading to confusion and it all needs to be cleared up asap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 309
woodi147
February 15, 2012, 8:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
God it will be secret handshakes next
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 8:38pm
Guest User
Can anyone tell me how many trust board members did fenty negotiate  the hearn for votes deal with?.  genuine question
Reply: 115 - 309
Chris
February 15, 2012, 8:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1054
Can anyone tell me how many trust board members did fenty negotiate  the hearn for votes deal with?.  genuine question

The proposals were voted on by the entire trust board.

The Trust members now have the say. If the vote is for NO then it doesnt happen. Under those conditions, it would be interesting to see what happens to the voting rights, Id quite agree.

Id say sleep on it before posting your ballots back, (I wont need to tho cos I know how Im voting) leave it till the weekend and digest what has gone on and what has been said/proposed in full.

Then just make the right choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 309
Chrisblor
February 15, 2012, 9:04pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,856
Gold Stars: 235
The Trust shoud come out and announce what is going on to ALL supporters. Acting in secret over important issues involving the club's future ownership and funding will only alienate non-trust members and cause feelings of distrust (lol pun) towards the trust. I'm not a Trust member and I don't think I want to be after their handling of this issue. I seriously hope they haven't given up 200k shares without even bothing to consult their members because Fenty threatened to sell Hearn (who he's come out and said we never received any offers for anyway). It would go against everything they are meant to represent if they have.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 309
Dan
February 15, 2012, 9:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from Chrisblor
The Trust shoud come out and announce what is going on to ALL supporters. Acting in secret over important issues involving the club's future ownership and funding will only alienate non-trust members and cause feelings of distrust (lol pun) towards the trust. I'm not a Trust member and I don't think I want to be after their handling of this issue. I seriously hope they haven't given up 200k shares without even bothing to consult their members because Fenty threatened to sell Hearn (who he's come out and said we never received any offers for anyway). It would go against everything they are meant to represent if they have.

If you don't want the trust to hand over their shares, join and vote no. If you're not a member, you don't have a say.

I don't mean this aggressively or anything. My knowledge and involvement with the trust goes no further than when I handed over my fee, but as a member they've communicated the situation and asked my opinion. As non members, all people can do is snipe from the sidelines. Seems to me this is a matter between the trust, its members and the board.

Not joining simply does not make any sense. If you don't agree with the what the trust is doing, then joining and changing it / voting against their proposals is surely the only way you can have your say on what they're doing.

I think I and many others have written variations of this post countless times...

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 309
blasty
February 15, 2012, 9:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
Quoted from Dan

If you don't want the trust to hand over their shares, join and vote no. If you're not a member, you don't have a say.

I don't mean this aggressively or anything. My knowledge and involvement with the trust goes no further than when I handed over my fee, but as a member they've communicated the situation and asked my opinion. As non members, all people can do is snipe from the sidelines. Seems to me this is a matter between the trust, its members and the board.

Not joining simply does not make any sense. If you don't agree with the what the trust is doing, then joining and changing it / voting against their proposals is surely the only way you can have your say on what they're doing.

I think I and many others have written variations of this post countless times...

Quick one. Were you given a say/vote in the decision making process of handing over voting rights of 200k worth of shares?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 309
31 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.