Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 3 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,766 views. Print
31 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 10:55am
Guest User
Quoted from LeightonMariner

There's reasonable argument and then there's speculative bo11ocks, guess where I think yours sits?  Despite my thoughts on JF's ability to run a football club he has risked his money so some credit is due.  However up until around mid-november there wasn't any obvious improvement and he was making it clear that enough was enough.  Then we start to show a bit of promise and he changes tac to not wanting to support further while.control lay outside the boardroom.  Let's just pause for a moment and consider who must have played a part in sanctioning a share purchase transaction that started that particular chain of events?

Move on now to the trusts decision to pass on voting rights for a number of shares in exchange for JF not selling the family heirlooms.  Good decision by the Trust board IMO, a decision that can be reversed if necessary.  Now comes a more important decision, whether to take the opportunity to have a real say in the club or to simply posture.

How about this, the Trust sells enough shares to JF for £200k so that he has a controlling interest while not exposing himself to having to offer on all of the other shares.  In exchange the Trust receive a place on the board and immediately loan the £200k to the club and insist that this becomes the minimum 'investment' for existing directors.  If the other two don't like it then give them their loans back and send them away, I really don't see what they offer.

The club has a serious asset in Liam Hearn that can fund the medium term future, along with realistic budgeting of the club.  JF shouldn't need to keep dipping into his pockets.  The club simply has to become self sufficient and if they choose to use their influence now, the Trust can play a vital role in facilitating that.

That is all.

You can dismiss my speculation as bo11ocks if you wish, it is based on my experience of the way that Fenty has run the club (into the ground) over the last few years.  I think you dismiuss it because it doesn't fit in with your view of the world.

While we are talking about speculation. . . . .you say that the trust can play a major role in facilitating self-sufficiency. . . . but you don't say how this may be achieved.  What do you base this on?  Is it speculative bo11ocks?  You talk about ousting board members. . . . how is this going to happen?  Is it speculative bo11ocks?

ALL football chairman dip into their pockets, that is the nature of the position, no one has put a gun to his head and told him to run the club, he clearly wanted to do it. . . . and if he wanted to do it in a half-ar$ed way then that is his responsibility.  The way that you and others paint Fenty to be some kind of benevolent sugar daddy rather than a moderately successful businessman who fancied fulfilling his (and many people's) dream of owning a football club is part of his skill as a businessman.

Fenty will milk the good will of the supporters trust for all it is worth, all of the finanacial side of things are known to him alone, he does the deals etc and the first thing he does is holds the trust to ransom threatening to sell our best valued player when clearly the consensus would be that selling hearn would be foolish in the short term both in footballing terms and business terms.  This sets one hell of a precident!

Basically, Fenty gets to play the game of being a football chairman, enjoying all of the privelages, status, kudos that this gives him, yet the supporters end up footing more of the bill!

Fenty for all of his faults (and as a football chairman they are clearly many) is one sharp operator when it comes to business.  My specualtion that Town will slump when he gets full control of the club again is based on our previous performance when he has been chairman.  I will accept it is "bo11ocks" if it turns out to be. . . . Unfortunately, I think it will turn out exactly as predicted.

Please re-post this if after 3 months of Fenty returning as chairman we have not slumped. . . . mark my words. . . . That is all!

Reply: 180 - 309
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 11:00am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from 1054

You can dismiss my speculation as bo11ocks if you wish, it is based on my experience of the way that Fenty has run the club (into the ground) over the last few years.  I think you dismiuss it because it doesn't fit in with your view of the world.

While we are talking about speculation. . . . .you say that the trust can play a major role in facilitating self-sufficiency. . . . but you don't say how this may be achieved.  What do you base this on?  Is it speculative bo11ocks?  You talk about ousting board members. . . . how is this going to happen?  Is it speculative bo11ocks?

ALL football chairman dip into their pockets, that is the nature of the position, no one has put a gun to his head and told him to run the club, he clearly wanted to do it. . . . and if he wanted to do it in a half-ar$ed way then that is his responsibility.  The way that you and others paint Fenty to be some kind of benevolent sugar daddy rather than a moderately successful businessman who fancied fulfilling his (and many people's) dream of owning a football club is part of his skill as a businessman.

Fenty will milk the good will of the supporters trust for all it is worth, all of the finanacial side of things are known to him alone, he does the deals etc and the first thing he does is holds the trust to ransom threatening to sell our best valued player when clearly the consensus would be that selling hearn would be foolish in the short term both in footballing terms and business terms.  This sets one hell of a precident!

Basically, Fenty gets to play the game of being a football chairman, enjoying all of the privelages, status, kudos that this gives him, yet the supporters end up footing more of the bill!

Fenty for all of his faults (and as a football chairman they are clearly many) is one sharp operator when it comes to business.  My specualtion that Town will slump when he gets full control of the club again is based on our previous performance when he has been chairman.  I will accept it is "bo11ocks" if it turns out to be. . . . Unfortunately, I think it will turn out exactly as predicted.

Please re-post this if after 3 months of Fenty returning as chairman we have not slumped. . . . mark my words. . . . That is all!

Oops, clumsy me.  Looks like I trampled all over somebodys ego.  My apologies for that, hope I haven't spoilt your day.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 11:04am
Guest User

Oops, clumsy me.  Looks like I trampled all over somebodys ego.  My apologies for that, hope I haven't spoilt your day.

Not really, I think I have a little bit more Ego-strength than you give me credit for.  I have robustly challenged your post and as far as I can see you have no reply.  If you wish to engage in the discussion (and this is a discussion forum after all) please feel free.  Please don't be concerned about any impact you feel you may have on my mental state, you are irrelevant to me (as I am sure you are to many people)
Reply: 182 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 11:06am
Guest User
. . . . and for a 'man' who lists his second favourite hobby as masturbating, i would be more concernd for your fragile Ego than mine. . . . Now get your Super-ego to get hold of your Id and leave your Ego alone.

need a tissue?
Reply: 183 - 309
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 11:07am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1054

Not really, I think I have a little bit more Ego-strength than you give me credit for.  I have robustly challenged your post and as far as I can see you have no reply.  If you wish to engage in the discussion (and this is a discussion forum after all) please feel free.  Please don't be concerned about any impact you feel you may have on my mental state, you are irrelevant to me (as I am sure you are to many people)

*laughter*  Have a word with yourself......seriously.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 309
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 11:13am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1054
. . . . and for a 'man' who lists his second favourite hobby as masturbating, i would be more concernd for your fragile Ego than mine. . . . Now get your Super-ego to get hold of your Id and leave your Ego alone.

need a tissue?

Actually it's my third favourite hobby.  Your anger should lead you to working out my second favourite.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 11:14am
Guest User
Another failure to respond to the point I have made. . . . . Two words. . . . YOUR SIGNATURE
Reply: 186 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 11:17am
Guest User

Actually it's my third favourite hobby.  Your anger should lead you to working out my second favourite.

I can categorically state that I am not feeling anger, am sat at my desk at work, on a break, chatting to my colleagues and tapping soem stuff out on the Fishy (with someone incapable of stringing an argument together)  I have no interest in what your other hobby is, like I said, you are irrelevant to me (and many others, I  would wildly speculate!!!!!!!!!!!)
Reply: 187 - 309
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 11:35am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1054

I can categorically state that I am not feeling anger, am sat at my desk at work, on a break, chatting to my colleagues and tapping soem stuff out on the Fishy (with someone incapable of stringing an argument together)  I have no interest in what your other hobby is, like I said, you are irrelevant to me (and many others, I  would wildly speculate!!!!!!!!!!!)

Sorry about the delayed response, I had to go and sanitize 'grill parking 1'.
Toilets are next.

Anyway, beware the voices "kill LeightonMariner".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 309
Marinerz93
February 16, 2012, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1054

I think you failed to read his post (173) about JF, pretty much spot on.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 309
31 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.