Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,762 views. Print
31 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
February 15, 2012, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
I've not read my paperwork yet but from the bits on this thread it seems too many people are not appreciating the impossible situation the Trust board were put under here.

Balloting members in such a short space of time?  Come off it, they had to act there and then and were on a hiding to nothing.  No bids for Hearn? Maybe not but few phone calls to declare his availability and the bids would have rolled in.  

The Trust had to make a quick decision, which they did. Right or wrong, they made it.  If anyone else wanted to be in that position they had plenty of opportunity to do so.  
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 309
BlackBoots
February 15, 2012, 10:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from 1054
I don't mean a responsibility to listen to my or any other non trust member's opinion just a huge (and possibly unwanted) responsibility given to them by Mr Parker and on behalf of all fans

Mr Parker's gift was not to the fans, but to the Trust, that was very clear when the transfer was made.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 309
blasty
February 15, 2012, 10:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
Quoted from diehardmariner
I've not read my paperwork yet but from the bits on this thread it seems too many people are not appreciating the impossible situation the Trust board were put under here.

Balloting members in such a short space of time?  Come off it, they had to act there and then and were on a hiding to nothing.  No bids for Hearn? Maybe not but few phone calls to declare his availability and the bids would have rolled in.  

The Trust had to make a quick decision, which they did. Right or wrong, they made it.  If anyone else wanted to be in that position they had plenty of opportunity to do so.  

Fair point and I agree the situation was very difficult. Better to make a wrong decision that not to make one at all.

Nothing but respect for the people who give up their time, I wouldnt want to do it.

I just think the whole situation could have been handled better, it just seems a bit cloak and dagger that it should come out in this way.

That said I will be putting my money where my mouth is and joining the Trust at the end of this month.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 309
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 15, 2012, 10:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from blasty

Fair point and I agree the situation was very difficult. Better to make a wrong decision that not to make one at all.

Nothing but respect for the people who give up their time, I wouldnt want to do it.

I just think the whole situation could have been handled better, it just seems a bit cloak and dagger that it should come out in this way.

That said I will be putting my money where my mouth is and joining the Trust at the end of this month.

Oh no it's not!

http://ambiguityadvantage.blogspot.com/2008/02/action-bias-in-decision-making-problem.html

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 309
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 15, 2012, 11:11pm
Brandy Drinker
I'm clearly an odd one out here. I.E. the only Trust member who seems to be against this proposal.

To all you other antis - this shows why you should have joined the Trust. This is the sort of thing that happens when people stand on the sidelines moaning but refuse to do anything about it. Well done.

I really don't know why we bother with a Supporters Trust. This is the third time its bent over and given JF what he wants. This time it smacks of having one so with a (metaphorical) gun to its head. Even if you agree with the logic that we need his money, it has missed an opportunity for something in return. Pure short-termism.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 309
Dan
February 15, 2012, 11:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from 1054
Who do you think got the better deal? The trust or Mr Fenty?

GTFC.

Quoted from blasty

This is I do agree with. It would have been far better to have published the contents of the letter on the day it was sent out.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 309
SkegFan
February 15, 2012, 11:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Look everybody, this was always going to be the case. The Trust is brassic apart from a paper value. It has no cash to support the club with. Some pleasant ideas but no hard cash.

Nobody else is offering any cash either.

The only person who is prepared to put his money where his mouth is, once again, is John Fenty.

Critic John Fenty all you like, but there isn't another person amongst us that has the wealth, the bottle or the nads to invest huge amounts of cash. Cash that is that you are never likely to ever see again as Football Clubs are bottom less hollows where your money disappears never to be seen again.

I say thank you very much John Fenty for your continued support. I really don't know how you remain so committed and motivated for the club when there are so many people that are happy to hide behind their keyboards whilst knocking you. You are a bloody saint. A remarkable person and you must be the most avid supporter of Grimsby Town out of all of us. We are lucky to have you John. I know that the likes of Kettering, Darlington, Luton, Portsmouth and all of the others would have been delighted to have somebody like you on board, somebody prepared keep throwing in his hard earned cash.

VOTE YES IF YOU ARE TRUST MEMBER. I AM AND I AM VOTING YES
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 309
Trawler
February 15, 2012, 11:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6

I really don't know why we bother with a Supporters Trust......it has missed an opportunity for something in return. Pure short-termism.

How do you figure that? The member's votes haven't been cast, let alone counted yet. They could still say no and the trust could negotiate further. Cart before the horse sir?

Anyone who wants to vote why not join up? £10 to say yes or no. Cheap at the price.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 309
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 15, 2012, 11:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Skeggy, and why do we need so much cash in the first place? It all smacks of the bankers farrago again. Oh you've copulated things up. Let's give you the opportunity to do it again. No no. We don't want any more controls.

Its not a question of JF's morality. I'm sure there's no financial benefit to him. It's about track record.

It's also about supporters having a real say in how their club is run. This is a backward step. Why not disband the organisation now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 309
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 15, 2012, 11:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Trawler

How do you figure that? The member's votes haven't been cast, let alone counted yet. They could still say no and the trust could negotiate further. Cart before the horse sir?

Anyone who wants to vote why not join up? £10 to say yes or no. Cheap at the price.

Just going on past experience Trawler. This is the third time something like this would have happened. I would love it if 1000 new people joined up and voted no. I can't see it happening though. No one outside the Trust seems to get it and the majority in the Trust seem to want to roll over each time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 309
31 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.