Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,734 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
November 6, 2011, 10:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from headingly_mariner

What part of the post removed earlier on the previous page was a lie or twisted truth?

Anything which insinuates that Fenty is trying to sell the ground, or in some way get back his loans, directly contradicts anything which he has ever said which is that the loans are benign and he does not expect to get his money back. If you have an issue with the company accounts raise it at the AGM or ask John Fenty directly.

Incidentally saying things like the benign loans are stopping other "investors" coming into the club is fine as that is an opinion.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 190 - 348
GrimRob
November 6, 2011, 10:03pm

Quoted from Chris

Rob, this isn't just about Fenty and GTFC board members. Contributors to any forum should refrain from libelling ANYONE.

True, and that's in our forum rules, although obviously at the moment the moderators are paying close attention about Fenty (as at one time they were about Mike Newell).

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 191 - 348
lew chaterleys lover
November 6, 2011, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Chris

Rob, this isn't just about Fenty and GTFC board members. Contributors to any forum should refrain from libelling ANYONE.

Crikey
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 348
Ipswin
November 6, 2011, 10:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
We ought to thank him really - the number of hits this board has recorded has shot up since his latest outburst.

I would thank him even more if he decides not to stand for re-election as a director at the AGM and therefore does not then find his way back into the chairmans seat.

It is a great shame that proxy voters cannot vote in a 'show of hands' vote at the AGM and can only express the view of the shareholder who appointed them in the event of a card vote - I may therefore have to try to get to the AGM somehow simply to be seen to vote against Fenty (even if mine is the only hand raised) when his re-election as a director comes up.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 348
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 7, 2011, 1:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from GrimRob

Don't forget also that the original posts that Fenty objected to are still hanging over the authors and the Fishy as well, as stated in his e-mail. The fact that they have not been removed from the public eye does not mean that they have gone away. One of the authors I know has contacted Fenty personally to discus it which is probably what should have happened in the first place.

If I recall correctly the posts in the thread that Codalmighty Tee-shirt Man referred to were opinions based on what he knew of the situation. They may be right, they may be wrong, but they're opinions. What bit of it was a lie?

I think Fenty has done himself no favours with this outburst. A simple denial of the hypothesis posted would have been better.

Also I don't see how that post related to anything libellous about "the staff" at GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 348
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2011, 7:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
My missus would like to thank JF for saving us about a grand a year which is what it cost us for 2 tickets & travel to most home games.
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 348
GrimRob
November 7, 2011, 7:48am

If I recall correctly the posts in the thread that Codalmighty Tee-shirt Man referred to were opinions based on what he knew of the situation. They may be right, they may be wrong, but they're opinions. What bit of it was a lie?

You'll have to ask Fenty exactly which part he objected to (he doesn't say in his e-mail). But the last thing we are going to allow is to quote selective parts of a thread for which a complaint has been received to be resubmitted.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 196 - 348
dapperz fun pub
November 7, 2011, 8:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from GrimRob

You'll have to ask Fenty exactly which part he objected to (he doesn't say in his e-mail). But the last thing we are going to allow is to quote selective parts of a thread for which a complaint has been received to be resubmitted.

is this the end of the fishy as we know it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 348
flash1
November 7, 2011, 9:34am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

is this the end of the fishy as we know it

i do hope so!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 348
My cats dreams
November 7, 2011, 9:40am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from flash1

i do hope so!

You wouldnt be missed meeooowww only kidding

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 348
35 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.