Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 30 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,726 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Henryscat
November 5, 2011, 10:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
I think a lot of people have jumped to conclusions here. I've no doubt I'll get shouted down but I am typing this from neither a pro nor an anti fenty viewpoint. I just think people need to be more objective and look at these few points.

Firstly, the original email was from John to Rob, it was not an open letter to users of the fishy. The fact that Rob chose to copy and paste the email rather than summarise it in a post was Rob's decision and isn't fenty "throwing his toys out" as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Secondly, I think a lot of you have confused criticism (and even abuse) with liable/slander. John has admitted that things haven't been rosy (a large understatement IMO) and doesn't object to this. He objects to scurrilous rumours and untruths that have been posted. For instance it would be quite acceptable to say "fenty is a rich man with a pretty daughter who's tenure as chairman coincided with the club's demise to non-league football" all of these can be backed up with evidence. You can't however say something like (and I hasten to add I'm using this as an example) "John is the franchisee of the McDonalds outside BP and thus keeps the catering inside BP low-rate" this cannot be backed up by any form of evidence.

Lastly, the mods have been asked to remove libelous messages, this does not get rid of our freedom of speech but merely keeps Rob from being sued and this forum and website being shut down.

Sorry to rant on but I think a lot of you need to look at things objectively before spouting off.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 348
My cats dreams
November 5, 2011, 10:38pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Is it slander to say fenty is the worst chairman in our history and im told he doesnt like cats errrrmmm

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 348
Henryscat
November 5, 2011, 10:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from My cats dreams
Is it slander to say fenty is the worst chairman in our history

You'd have to back that up with some evidence. I would suggest league placings would be a good place to start.

But it would depend on what else one would constitute being a "good" chairman is

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 348
MargeMariner
November 5, 2011, 10:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Quoted from Henryscat
I think a lot of people have jumped to conclusions here. I've no doubt I'll get shouted down but I am typing this from neither a pro nor an anti fenty viewpoint. I just think people need to be more objective and look at these few points.

Firstly, the original email was from John to Rob, it was not an open letter to users of the fishy. The fact that Rob chose to copy and paste the email rather than summarise it in a post was Rob's decision and isn't fenty "throwing his toys out" as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Secondly, I think a lot of you have confused criticism (and even abuse) with liable/slander. John has admitted that things haven't been rosy (a large understatement IMO) and doesn't object to this. He objects to scurrilous rumours and untruths that have been posted. For instance it would be quite acceptable to say "fenty is a rich man with a pretty daughter who's tenure as chairman coincided with the club's demise to non-league football" all of these can be backed up with evidence. You can't however say something like (and I hasten to add I'm using this as an example) "John is the franchisee of the McDonalds outside BP and thus keeps the catering inside BP low-rate" this cannot be backed up by any form of evidence.

Lastly, the mods have been asked to remove libelous messages, this does not get rid of our freedom of speech but merely keeps Rob from being sued and this forum and website being shut down.

Sorry to rant on but I think a lot of you need to look at things objectively before spouting off.

Bang on the money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 348
vanman
November 5, 2011, 10:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
How many shareholders in a business in the real world would allow the CEO, MD, Chairman to behave in the way John Fenty has?

Awful record on recruitment, wasted money all over the place & PR that can only be compared to that of Gerald Ratner.

John, stay away from all forms of media, including messageboards. That way you may be able to concentrate on finding a rudder to steer OUR battered wreck of a club back into calmer waters.

Here comes the action
Here it comes at last
Lord give me reaction
Lord give me a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 348
My cats dreams
November 5, 2011, 10:56pm

Shandy Drinker
[quote=93]How many shareholders in a business in the real world would allow the CEO, MD, Chairman to behave in the way John Fenty has?

Awful record on recruitment, wasted money all over the place & PR that can only be compared to that of Gerald Ratner.

John, stay away from all forms of media, including messageboards. That way you may be able to concentrate on finding a rudder to steer OUR battered wreck of a club back into calmer waters.
[/quote
   Im not a good swimmer but are you sort of saying fenty moored the boat on a sandbank and damaged it badly

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 348
mariner2000
November 5, 2011, 11:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
ERRR SO IS THIS THE END OF twit OF THE WEEK?????????
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 136 - 348
My cats dreams
November 5, 2011, 11:08pm

Shandy Drinker
Im so glad im a cat and cos the end of free speech doesnt
Effect me and probably the end of the fishy as we know it meeeeoowww

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 348
My cats dreams
November 5, 2011, 11:08pm

Shandy Drinker
Im so glad im a cat and cos the end of free speech doesnt
Effect me and probably the end of the fishy as we know it meeeeoowww

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 348
mariner2000
November 5, 2011, 11:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Regards the statement, I have always thought we were lucky to have Fenty, he has though proved useless at choosing a manager, some truly awful decisions.

However I do think his statement is completely OTT, are we sure it's from him, was he sober when he wrote it?  The latter is a serious question.  I ask as the spelling is truly awful.  As a man in power etc I cannot believe more care is not taken,  I also can't believe he does not get better advice than to write communications like this.  

Never mind at least in future criticism, if its allowed, may be more constructive!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 139 - 348
35 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.