Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,546 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 8, 2011, 7:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well IMHO FFS stop underlining every pro-bro post you can lay your mitts on. Your brother has managed to steer us from Championship level to four points above relegation from the 5th level of English football. That is an incontrovertible fact.As I've said before, if your brother comes up with a PLAN to turn the ship around while the tides out, to use his metaphors then I, and many others will give it some credence. But at the moment the silence is deafening, no plan, no results, no enthusiasm. All many fans can see is GTFC going to the dogs.

Not true - JF ,as Chairman , has steered us to one relegation . The drop from the Championship to Div 2 was under another Chairman. I am neither pro or anti JF but I try to deal in facts and regardless of wether you think he had that much influence on the Board prior to being made Chairman the facts are as stated.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 348
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2011, 7:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

Not true - JF ,as Chairman , has steered us to one relegation . The drop from the Championship to Div 2 was under another Chairman. I am neither pro or anti JF but I try to deal in facts and regardless of wether you think he had that much influence on the Board prior to being made Chairman the facts are as stated.

I stand corrected - whilst mindful that he was the major shareholder well before he became chairman.
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 348
barralad
November 8, 2011, 9:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You don't get it, do you? Those that 'keep the faith' are barely covering the wage bill - with food & programmes an extra 1000 bums on seats could bring in an extra £20,000 per home game, therefore £500,000 (including cup games) per season. Add 2,000 to the gate and you would bring in £1,000,000 per season. It's the people who don't go who need to be brought back - they represent the future financial health (or otherwise) of GTFC.

Excellent point. Hopefully an area that the newly revitalised GTST can address from day 1 in conjunction with the club.

P.S. I'm not sure Town receive any of the money from the catering. I think it's franchised out and the franchise holder takes the profit?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 348
sonik
November 8, 2011, 9:13pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well IMHO FFS stop underlining every pro-bro post you can lay your mitts on. Your brother has managed to steer us from Championship level to four points above relegation from the 5th level of English football. That is an incontrovertible fact.

As I've said before, if your brother comes up with a PLAN to turn the ship around while the tides out, to use his metaphors then I, and many others will give it some credence. But at the moment the silence is deafening, no plan, no results, no enthusiasm. All many fans can see is GTFC going to the dogs.

I will continue to give credit to posts that I see fit. Would you not support your brother if you saw what time effort and wealth he puts into this football club of ours. John has plans for the future I'm sure. Quite what they are I don't know. The AGM will have a bearing on what the future holds. We all know the football club needs funding just to get us to the end of this season let alone future ones. I for one hope John will continue to support our club the way he has in the past. I feel for him the way he's been portrayed on this forum by some and can tell you he's sick to death of it. Big Easy will concur with this after his meeting. UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 348
barralad
November 8, 2011, 9:18pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

Exactly.

And if it's such a big deal, why even bother reading ? (if he even is right now)

It's a bit ridiculous.

It might help if those in favour of Fenty tried to build bridges or at least, didn't patronize others by denying he's to blame for anything.

All we're seeing is the proverbial split grow wider.
Or is that what the pro-Fenty lobby actually want, just them and no-one else who ever objects to anything ?
Makes you wonder sometimes...

Why do you persist in this idea that somehow Town's fanbase is divided into pro-Fenty and anti-Fenty? I'd suggest to you that there are very few in the so called pro-Fenty lobby who believe that no criticism at all should be directed towards the man. The whole thing is a figment of your lurid imagination. I actually think you enjoy the conflict.
Exactly who should supporters of not abusing John Fenty build bridges with? Those who hide behind their keyboards whilst typing vile personal abuse? Don't think so.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 348
80sglory
November 9, 2011, 12:36am
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

Why do you persist in this idea that somehow Town's fanbase is divided into pro-Fenty and anti-Fenty? I'd suggest to you that there are very few in the so called pro-Fenty lobby who believe that no criticism at all should be directed towards the man. The whole thing is a figment of your lurid imagination. I actually think you enjoy the conflict.

Oh come on, pull the other one barralad !
What do you think most of the recent arguments have been about ?

It's not that people "object" to the criticism, it's just the fact people will argue tooth and nail over any issue of whether "Fenty is to blame" for x, y and z.

For clarity, when I refer to pro/anti Fenty I don't mean if people like the man, I'm talking about whether they believe he is the right man to manage the club and makes it's decisons going forward.

If that's a figment of my imagination then maybe I'm living in the twilight zone, but the recent poll "Should John Fenty be chariman ?" seems to back it up.
Obviously some will argue there's no choice, well I won't revisit that old debate.

Quoted from barralad
Exactly who should supporters of not abusing John Fenty build bridges with? Those who hide behind their keyboards whilst typing vile personal abuse? Don't think so.

Really why not ?
You don't want to try to persuade people to change their attitudes, feel part of the club and return to help boost the gate receipts ?

How can people complain about the dire financial situation of the club in one breath but then slag off exiles or those teetering on the brink of leaving in the other ?

If people enjoy the petty pointscoring good for them, but as a fan myself I'm concerned about the lack of unity and how fans with minority opinions that don't fit under the club umbrella are sometimes ridiculed and mostly dismissed.

As for "hiding behind keyboards" I think you're being a bit silly, it's obviously an issue of privacy everyone holds dear to some extent.
Not everyone is so naive to splash their entire private life all over facebook.
Reply: 255 - 348
barralad
November 9, 2011, 6:55am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

Really why not ?
You don't want to try to persuade people to change their attitudes, feel part of the club and return to help boost the gate receipts ?

How can people complain about the dire financial situation of the club in one breath but then slag off exiles or those teetering on the brink of leaving in the other ?

If people enjoy the petty pointscoring good for them, but as a fan myself I'm concerned about the lack of unity and how fans with minority opinions that don't fit under the club umbrella are sometimes ridiculed and mostly dismissed.

As for "hiding behind keyboards" I think you're being a bit silly, it's obviously an issue of privacy everyone holds dear to some extent.
Not everyone is so naive to splash their entire private life all over facebook.

I'll ask you one question: Do you think that your pontificating on here makes a single shread of difference to people's attitudes towards John Fenty?

I think I've got better things to do with my time than try to reach out to the sort of people I have described at length. There are a lot of people out there however who have fallen out of love with the club but who do not have to resort to abuse to make their point. These are the people that I hope the Trust will target as they develop a strategy over the coming weeks. That battle will not be won on this or any other message board for the simple reason that most of these people don't bother to post on any messageboards.
I try to deal in practicalities and the simple fact is that in the short term at least it would appear that the only person with any desire at all to fund the club is Mr Fenty.  Nobody can deny that over the period of his control of the club mistakes have been made but that is what tends to happen when, because of circumstances a football club is dependent on effectively one man for it's survival. For me, anybody who is serious about reviving the fortunes of our club will have to recognise that and be prepared to work within those boundaries.

We will have to agree to disagree about anonymity. I have no idea where the comparison to Facebook comes from but we aren't talking about splashing entire private lives on the Fishy.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 348
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2011, 8:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

I'll ask you one question: Do you think that your pontificating on here makes a single shread of difference to people's attitudes towards John Fenty?

I think I've got better things to do with my time than try to reach out to the sort of people I have described at length. There are a lot of people out there however who have fallen out of love with the club but who do not have to resort to abuse to make their point. These are the people that I hope the Trust will target as they develop a strategy over the coming weeks. That battle will not be won on this or any other message board for the simple reason that most of these people don't bother to post on any messageboards.
I try to deal in practicalities and the simple fact is that in the short term at least it would appear that the only person with any desire at all to fund the club is Mr Fenty.  Nobody can deny that over the period of his control of the club mistakes have been made but that is what tends to happen when, because of circumstances a football club is dependent on effectively one man for it's survival. For me, anybody who is serious about reviving the fortunes of our club will have to recognise that and be prepared to work within those boundaries.

We will have to agree to disagree about anonymity. I have no idea where the comparison to Facebook comes from but we aren't talking about splashing entire private lives on the Fishy.

Whilst I agree with a lot of that, I do feel that, in order to get fans back, JF has to show that GTFC has a future. If we'd had a couple of bad years then it would be less of an issue but we're now looking at a club with almost a decade of continual decline.

What's worse, it has coincided with the worst recession in living memory, leading people to look carefully at how they spend their disposable income. JF needs people to spend that money at GTFC - and he needs a more persuasive argument to make them do so.
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 348
dapperz fun pub
November 9, 2011, 8:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from barralad

its a very good post but the bit what falls down is the club is dependant on one man for survival? didnt not that long ago another multi millionaire invest in  the club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 348
Cod Almighty T shirt man
November 9, 2011, 12:45pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 348
35 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.