Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,592 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
STB
November 5, 2011, 8:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Dear John Fenty.

I think you have tried your best but clearly, from overwhelming historical evidence running a football club is not your forté.
The Fenty association with GTFC is not all negative though, I think Fiona does a sterling job in her ticket sales/club shop role.
In fact, like your master stroke of elevating Neil Woods from children's coach to first team relegation from the football league manager, why not give Fiona the chairman's role?
Personally, I used to watch GTFC between 30-35 times a season from being a young boy up until our last L2 game at Burton, since then, I have attended three games.
I hold you (and others) responsible for destroying a love affair I've had with Grimsby Town since 1972 which has seen me visiting 86 league grounds as well as travelling to Ibiza, a Devon tournament and various other pre-season venues.
I'm sure you're a wonderful person and a passionate fan of GTFC but there is overwhelming evidence that your association with the club has been a disaster.
I have sadly become part of the 'missing 2000' fans and until your link with the club has been severed, I doubt if I'll return.
Yours faithfully

STB (Jon Noble)

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 348
November 5, 2011, 9:00am
Guest User
Quoted from 2075

Is financial baking something to do with making money in the oven?

If so, I'm in.

I think the term is cooking the books!!!!!

Reply: 91 - 348
denni266
November 5, 2011, 9:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
i think it is fair to say  that we do have a club at the moment because john fenty  has put his money in the club, and  i thank him for that,,it may also be the case that we dont in the futuer because he wont any more.i wont thank him for that,,  There is no one out there that wants to put money into a sinking ship,, we cant keep hoping that there is , we have to face things as they are , i think personally  that he is a controll freak  and he will try to controll what is posted on this board if he can aswell,  and can anyone tell me what affect the supporters trust can do to help things when they clearly dont have cash to put on the table .. words alone wont buy players or get a new ground ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 348
the Grimbarian
November 5, 2011, 9:09am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
You can dress it up and start nit picking about all this by u did this that or the other it still doesnt address that you havent doing the job given to you and in doing nothing its lowered the people's expectations of the fishy and will/has  put off people posting on it.
GrimRob does admit about it all being left and nothing done but as usual others cant admit to their own mistakes

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 348
flash1
November 5, 2011, 9:11am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from SitePublisher
From now on any posts which libel Mr Fenty or any of the other GTFC board members will be removed. IP Addresses, names and e-mail addresses will be recorded and anyone who has been warned will be banned from the site. You may think you are hiding behind a made up name but you are not really.

well done,,and not before time!i refer you to my thread made yesterday

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 348
Biccys
November 5, 2011, 9:13am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from the Grimbarian
You can dress it up and start nit picking about all this by u did this that or the other it still doesnt address that you havent doing the job given to you and in doing nothing its lowered the people's expectations of the fishy and will/has  put off people posting on it.
GrimRob does admit about it all being left and nothing done but as usual others cant admit to their own mistakes

At the risk of "biting", you have absolutely no idea how many posts have been removed or edited by us so you're talking out of you're hat.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 95 - 348
the Grimbarian
November 5, 2011, 9:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from flash1

well done,,and not before time!i refer you to my thread made yesterday

Well done Flash mate but all this will be done for say a couple of days then the slippery slope will start again by them letting people posting what they want and doing NOTHING about it or even join in like they have done in the past

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 348
Mariner88
November 5, 2011, 9:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +5 / 0
I think people are missing the point of his email somewhat. He's not kicking up a fuss at people having a go at him, in fact he admits that he's failed in there. It is people suggesting that he is trying to con the club that he takes offence to because there's absolutely no reason to believe that he is looking to take his loans back. At the end of the day, say he's failed - because it's true - but don't try to tarnish his name by giving him constant abuse.

Some people on here need to get a life, he worked hard to get the kind of money most of us could only dream of and what did he do with it? Put it into the club we all love. It's easy to say that you'd do the same, but is it worth keeping a club going to get so much abuse from a small section of the fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 348
The Grim Reaper
November 5, 2011, 9:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
I think a few people on here are getting carried away. There was only around 20 people who contributed to the posts any way - hardly a sample of Town fans opinions. I suggest that some people on here take themselves too seriously. Its just YOUR opinion ffs

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 348
MuddyWaters
November 5, 2011, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
If contributors are still allowed to have an opinion - fine, however if we're only allowed to tow the party line then you might as well close down The Fishy.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 348
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.