Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,543 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 7, 2011, 6:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from GrimRob

No but if the post clearly libels him as the ones in question did then we had no choice to remove them. Grow a brain.

Rob, in your opinion it might be libellous and of course you have to go with your own judgement (and any advice you get). I understand that and also understand why you have to take a more defensive interpretation of risk than the rest of us do.

That said, all CATSMan did was to point out a series of facts* and invite people to draw their own conclusions about John Fenty's motives.

* the one about the valuation of BP has been challenged admittedly and surely this is a better way for JF to defend his position.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 348
Quagmire
November 7, 2011, 6:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from SomeoneElse
Dear Mr Fenty,

I have been asked to look at this thread by some friends who were concerned about the fact that the ex-chairman of a once great football club has once again made a complete plonker of himself (in their opinion of course) in his dealing with the media (whether this be the local newspaper, the official website or a fans forum). Firstly they mentioned the fact that, they believed, your dealings with the local radio station(s) damaged the public impression of the football club, further more your reluctance to offer a contract to Russell Slade damaged the financial impression of the football club, this is however conjecture as it is not possible to prove that with Mr Slade in charge GTFC would have remained in the football league.
From here you appointed Mike Newell…need I say more?
You then promoted Neil Woods, who I think it is fair to say, was seen as a fans favourite from his playing days by most supporters, to first team manager, stating that he would have the full support of the board and that you believed he had moved the club into the 21st century (paraphrasing I admit, but all said I believe, if not I apologise and will remove), then as we sat a few points off the playoffs in our first season in the conference, you sacked him and appointed “Noddy and Big Ears” who lost most of the remaining games and seemed to take the club backwards in the latter part of that season. But then they did need to bed get to know the players etc etc so that wasn’t a problem. This season “Noddy and Big Ears” have elevated GTFC to the lofty heights of…oh 17th in that same division.
You were pivotal in the appointment of Mike Parker to the board and then, for reasons which I am not fully informed, the pair of you had a falling out, resulting in Mr Parker handing his shares to GTST and you resigning as chairman. Since which, it would appear, you have decided that, aside from the ailing football club, the most productive thing for the image of GTFC plc would be to send a letter to a fans forum threatening legal  action if the opinions which you don’t like are not removed. Now I understand you have every right to ask for libellous and/or offensive things written about you in the public domain to be removed I would like to pose the following questions to you

If what was said was indeed false, what are your intentions for the “benign loans?”

If you have “written them off in your head” why not write them off officially?

If as mentioned above that post was false and did show the club in a negative light, what image, in your opinion, does your letter show the club in?

The club have been operating to a deficit for the last X (I don’t know how many, but it’s a lot) number of years; on what planet does this constitute “working in the best interest of the football club?” sure nobody in their right mind would continually run a business that way and expect it to go well?

The above question is my…errr…sorry….my friends…main gripe Mr Fenty, YOU decided to run this club in a way that makes a loss, YOU increased the playing budget, sacked a manager a season and appointed Mike Newell, and then YOU paid for it (literally) and, whilst claiming the loans to be benign, left them on the clubs financial report.

I do hope nothing within this rant is incorrect, if so I will be happy to correct and/or remove the offending comments. However I do believe you are acting like a petulant child
I think it would help not only your position with the fans but the image of the football club if you come out and actually defend your position, by stating what in the offending posts was incorrect, what was not and what the direction is for this once great club. If nothing happens in the near future this town will be talking about the time they used to have a football club and nobody wants that…well except the housing developers waiting to buy BP…from whichever institution calls in their loans first!

Regards

Mr ...actually if you want my name ask Rob to get my IP address

Post of the week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 348
upthestripes
November 7, 2011, 6:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Quagmire

Post of the week.

Why not do Icey a service and paste that into his thread then?
Just think it's kind of sad that no-one's really bothering with that.

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 348
Quagmire
November 7, 2011, 7:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
I thought that it needed to be a post that most of the board agreed on for an Icey Post of the Week - rather than just a one-off person saying they think it is a good post.

I'm clearly in the "John Fenty should not return to the club in any role" camp and I don't think the "John Fenty should return immediately as Chairman and continue his sterling work because I am totally clueless and want the club to continue down the same path" camp would agree that it was a good post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 348
pseudonym
November 7, 2011, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

Says the person who accused others of bullshitting and posting crap.

Unbelievable !

flash IMO you're a deluded imbercile who doesn't know his @rse from his elbow.

I'm thinking of staying away from the next home game in protest at your comments alone.  

PS Use a capital letter just once ?
Thought it was imbecile not imbercile

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 348
upthestripes
November 7, 2011, 7:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Quagmire
I thought that it needed to be a post that most of the board agreed on for an Icey Post of the Week - rather than just a one-off person saying they think it is a good post.

Well I thought it was the latter, but then I am a bit clueless so dunno.

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 348
mariner2000
November 7, 2011, 8:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
The sad thing is I have always had one if not both (most of the time) feet in the camp that Fenty is the best person for the club, if only it is because he is clearly the only person who wants the role.

The one problem though if you ignore his apparent dire (excluding Slade) record of appointing managers and balancing books, is and always has been his PR.

Exactly what did the man think he was going to achieve from this request, yes some of the things said have been appalling on this site but generally they are no different to what is said rightly or wrongly about any other person on the web ( I wonder if he will write to the owners of facebook and demand the same!!).

Any man of standing should be big enough and strong enough to ignore these comments, yes there is always a line, usually regards ones family, but as far as I know that wasn't the case here was it?  I always say if they are talking about me at least they are not talking about anyone else.

Taking this one stage further I wonder if this suggests that there is no going back for Fenty as he clearly doesn't seem to care if he now offends those that he relies upon or will rely upon to keep the club afloat; agreed this won't happen without outside income at the moment - but again I wonder why this is!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 226 - 348
headingly_mariner
November 7, 2011, 9:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GrimRob

Anything which insinuates that Fenty is trying to sell the ground, or in some way get back his loans, directly contradicts anything which he has ever said which is that the loans are benign and he does not expect to get his money back. If you have an issue with the company accounts raise it at the AGM or ask John Fenty directly.

Incidentally saying things like the benign loans are stopping other "investors" coming into the club is fine as that is an opinion.

That is Bullshit!

The fact that the loans are secured against the ground make any speculation about it's future ownership valid.
Not expecting to get money back is not the same as not wanting it back.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 348
GrimRob
November 7, 2011, 10:26pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The fact that the loans are secured against the ground make any speculation about it's future ownership valid.
Not expecting to get money back is not the same as not wanting it back.  

It's a valid point hypothetically but there's no indication whatsoever that Fenty has any intention of selling the ground, and since he has said he does not expect to get his money back you would imagine in fact the opposite is the case.

If one of us wins the lottery then he might get his money back but it's hard to imagine any other situation where that might be the case.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 228 - 348
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 7, 2011, 10:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from GrimRob

It's a valid point hypothetically but there's no indication whatsoever that Fenty has any intention of selling the ground, and since he has said he does not expect to get his money back you would imagine in fact the opposite is the case.

If one of us wins the lottery then he might get his money back but it's hard to imagine any other situation where that might be the case.

The best way to remove speculation is to remove the cause of the speculation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 348
35 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.