Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,675 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
November 5, 2011, 10:04am
Guest User
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
I think a few people on here are getting carried away. There was only around 20 people who contributed to the posts any way - hardly a sample of Town fans opinions. I suggest that some people on here take themselves too seriously. Its just YOUR opinion ffs

Fair point. And I can see how JF would be upset at some posts but I'm disappointed he doesn't just ignore them and there does seem to be an element of media control here - something we have seen before.

The stupid posts are generally made by stupid people who do well to boot up their PC so I wouldn't worry about them.
Reply: 100 - 348
StiggsGTFC
November 5, 2011, 10:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Hmm.

Unfortunately the Fishy has for a number of reasons lost some of its best posters over the last year or so and has also become much more vitriolic. It used to be that posters didn't take themselves too seriously and there was a lot of light hearted banter. Despite what people think football is still only a game, and other things are more important.

I do think John has made mistakes in getting us to this position but you cannot fault his love for the club or the amount of financial backing he has put in. Put it another way a £800,000 loss equates to subsidising each match day ticket by about £10.

Would we be in a better position if John had not bankrolled the club for the last 10 years. Its anybodys guess, but we are where we are. The only way forward if no one else is prepared to put money in is with John Fenty remaining as Chairman. Lets hope our fortunes change. We have young managers building a young team and they need time to get it right.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 348
Garth
November 5, 2011, 11:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Utterly unnecessary from Fenty - as is usually the case with his public statements.

It says a lot about the club and the man himself that he cannot rise above such childish internet drivel and feels the need to take such a threatening and heavy-handed approach.

People on here talk about the potential death of GTFC but as far as I am concerned that has already happened.  I still support them (I'll be there tomorrow) but the fire and passion has been wiped away by the misery of the last ten years.  Rightly or wrongly, I blame JF for that, and I for one hope the man never gets near the chairmanship again.

Feel free to pass that on to John, Rob.

Its one thing to blame him even if other things over the years may have had some bearing, however its totally wrong to abuse JF to the extent of some of the keyboard warriers on here

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 348
FishOutOfWater
November 5, 2011, 11:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,563
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Garth

Its one thing to blame him even if other things over the years may have had some bearing, however its totally wrong to abuse JF to the extent of some of the keyboard warriers on here

Personal abuse is undeniably wrong and out of order but criticism of his leadership (and I use that term lightly) is totally justified....all my opinion of course
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 103 - 348
grimsby pete
November 5, 2011, 12:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
                                        ICEY  POST OF THE WEEK

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 348
0ld timer
November 5, 2011, 12:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
to many posters on here who can dish it out but ,, when the boots on the other foot its a differant story
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 348
TonySmith
November 5, 2011, 1:57pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +967
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Mariner88
I think people are missing the point of his email somewhat. He's not kicking up a fuss at people having a go at him, in fact he admits that he's failed in there. It is people suggesting that he is trying to con the club that he takes offence to because there's absolutely no reason to believe that he is looking to take his loans back. At the end of the day, say he's failed - because it's true - but don't try to tarnish his name by giving him constant abuse.

Some people on here need to get a life, he worked hard to get the kind of money most of us could only dream of and what did he do with it? Put it into the club we all love. It's easy to say that you'd do the same, but is it worth keeping a club going to get so much abuse from a small section of the fans?

I was going to post some thoughts here, but this post said everything I'm thinking. If John Fenty ends his financial support of Grimsby Town we will probably end up as a part time club and that will be the end of any aspiration to return to what we all still believe is our rightful place in the football league. Reading between the lines of his post, I honestly think he's contemplating this. I know I would be, and I love Grimsby Town as much as any of you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 348
lew chaterleys lover
November 5, 2011, 2:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from TonySmith

I was going to post some thoughts here, but this post said everything I'm thinking. If John Fenty ends his financial support of Grimsby Town we will probably end up as a part time club and that will be the end of any aspiration to return to what we all still believe is our rightful place in the football league. Reading between the lines of his post, I honestly think he's contemplating this. I know I would be, and I love Grimsby Town as much as any of you.

But what good has that financial support done?

We would have to cut our cloth,and manage perfectly well like all the other well run clubs have on lower gates who have overtaken us.

We cant be held to ransom for ever because of one mans money surely?
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 348
FishOutOfWater
November 5, 2011, 2:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,563
Gold Stars: 37

But what good has that financial support done?

We would have to cut our cloth,and manage perfectly well like all the other well run clubs have on lower gates who have overtaken us.

We cant be held to ransom for ever because of one mans money surely?

There's only one man who knows the answer to that one!

He who cannot be named!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 108 - 348
Biccys
November 5, 2011, 3:00pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Can I categorically state that Voldemort has absolutely nothing to do with Towns finances.

He's more a PR man.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 109 - 348
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.