Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 27 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,329 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TonySmith
November 5, 2011, 3:01pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +964
Gold Stars: 11
  In hindsight you might be right, but all any chairman can do is appoint a manager and support him with the funds to do his job. Personally, I would much prefer Town to compete with a budget that gives them a chance of challenging for promotion, wouldn't you?
    The most disastrous managerial appointment John Fenty made was Mike Newell, and that appointment was greeted with enthusiasm and excitement on here. None of us can see the future, we can only do our best.
   In my opinion, the other two real mistakes that he made were to penny pinch on Russell Slade's salary at just the wrong time and to sack Neil Woods as he was in the middle of putting together a team that would have been a real challenger this season with a couple of key summer acquisitions. Instead, we ended up assembling yet another brand new squad with another new management team which may or may not pay off in the end if given the time to find out. But John Fenty is just as much of a Grimsby Town fan as any of us and the personal abuse and sarcasm he has to take on here is simply ridiculous. It's the Nick Colgan/Peter Bore syndrome all over again except that this is much more serious as the entire future of our team is a stake.
       I just think people need to think far more carefully before they post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 348
November 5, 2011, 3:04pm
Guest User
I'm a bit concerned.

If I nominated anybody in a popular weekly Fishy thread for being a tw@t, Would that be considered:

A. Libel
B. A bit unpleasent/rude/abusive.
C. A bit of fun. (That I'm sure the thread is meant to be.)
Reply: 111 - 348
cleeimp
November 5, 2011, 3:11pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
- to town serge M

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 348
cleeimp
November 5, 2011, 3:12pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
- to town serge M

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 348
grimsby pete
November 5, 2011, 3:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from TonySmith
  In hindsight you might be right, but all any chairman can do is appoint a manager and support him with the funds to do his job. Personally, I would much prefer Town to compete with a budget that gives them a chance of challenging for promotion, wouldn't you?
    The most disastrous managerial appointment John Fenty made was Mike Newell, and that appointment was greeted with enthusiasm and excitement on here. None of us can see the future, we can only do our best.
   In my opinion, the other two real mistakes that he made were to penny pinch on Russell Slade's salary at just the wrong time and to sack Neil Woods as he was in the middle of putting together a team that would have been a real challenger this season with a couple of key summer acquisitions. Instead, we ended up assembling yet another brand new squad with another new management team which may or may not pay off in the end if given the time to find out. But John Fenty is just as much of a Grimsby Town fan as any of us and the personal abuse and sarcasm he has to take on here is simply ridiculous. It's the Nick Colgan/Peter Bore syndrome all over again except that this is much more serious as the entire future of our team is a stake.
       I just think people need to think far more carefully before they post.

Well said, I agree with that.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 348
paulfcb
November 5, 2011, 3:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: -1
Is Mr Fenty open to constructive criticism and what are the implications for those who do give abuse please?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 348
Biccys
November 5, 2011, 3:48pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from paulfcb
Is Mr Fenty open to constructive criticism and what are the implications for those who do give abuse please?

Of choose he is, it's the made up "facts"he has objected to as well as the personal abuse. Posts will be removed if appropriate and the offending member warned, then banned if there are further instances.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 116 - 348
the Grimbarian
November 5, 2011, 3:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from paulfcb

The mods totally ignore whats been said and will join in to keep in with the crowd

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 348
Biccys
November 5, 2011, 3:54pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from the Grimbarian

The mods totally ignore whats been said and will join in to keep in with the crowd

Really? You've not mentioned it. Perhaps you should point this out?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 118 - 348
brad_gtfc
November 5, 2011, 4:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
The thing is some posters on here post utter drivel, but at the end of their day its there opinion.

You only have to go to game and listen to some of the utter s.hit people shout at the games, some of them are no doubt on here, its best just to ignore them and carry on as its only small section.

Although he has to take some if not most of the responsibility for the state of the club, I do feel for John as we all know he's Town through and through.

Anyway UTM, and keep the faith.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 348
35 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.