Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 42 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,737 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
cardiffmariner
November 8, 2011, 5:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Rancido, do you mean Fenty's statement or Stew's post?  As I quoted Stew's post I thought it was obvious that that was what I was responding to - his second sentence talks about a minority of fans killing the club.

Ska Faces post is spot on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 348
headingly_mariner
November 8, 2011, 6:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GrimRob

It's a valid point hypothetically but there's no indication whatsoever that Fenty has any intention of selling the ground, and since he has said he does not expect to get his money back you would imagine in fact the opposite is the case.

If one of us wins the lottery then he might get his money back but it's hard to imagine any other situation where that might be the case.

So why delete it then? If it's not libelous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 348
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 6:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from ska face

Not that I'd expect him to, but if Fenty walked away and left the club to die as a result of being called a few names (the majority well justified) on a message board, then I know who I'd be pointing the finger at, and it certainly wouldn't be anyone on here.

Exactly.

And if it's such a big deal, why even bother reading ? (if he even is right now)

It's a bit ridiculous.

It might help if those in favour of Fenty tried to build bridges or at least, didn't patronize others by denying he's to blame for anything.

All we're seeing is the proverbial split grow wider.
Or is that what the pro-Fenty lobby actually want, just them and no-one else who ever objects to anything ?
Makes you wonder sometimes...
Reply: 242 - 348
grimsby pete
November 8, 2011, 6:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
I think its all soniks fault,  

If he kept himself to himself instead of telling brother John about all the name calling, he would have been none the wiser,

As a previous post said, its only a few on here that are really nasty towards Fenty,

So out of 3,000 fans that attend a home game ,10 posters on here is not a great number , is it ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 348
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 6:10pm
Guest User
But surely Fenty could see it for what is is anyway ?
Passion, frustration and possibly misguided beliefs ?
There are many things I could get wound up about if took them seriously, but who does ?
Reply: 244 - 348
Squarkus
November 8, 2011, 6:35pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Fenty is very succesfull in all his buisness acheivments,five star, E factor, councilor, this aloan is the gateway to the new stadium all his time effort and energy, he has not failed at anything he has wanted to acheive in his life, it will come good soon if we are all unite and keep the faith, for all the stick he receives he should save his money buy a very big boat and enjoy the spoils of his labour or buy a season ticket at MUFC, not one of us if we are honest would invest the type of money he has and put up with the drivell that the (minority) come up with, if you dont want a football club carry on, there will only be one outcome if this continues, everyone has a limit, this football club would of died years ago if it was not for him, lets just look at previous directors they took money out of the club and run a mile when the sh t hit the fan, not fenty he has put his kids inheritance in and still beleives that fortune will come soon to our wonderfull football club. ps i am iliterate to.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 348
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2011, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,239
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from sonik

Very well put Stew. Great post. IMHO!  UTM!

Well IMHO FFS stop underlining every pro-bro post you can lay your mitts on. Your brother has managed to steer us from Championship level to four points above relegation from the 5th level of English football. That is an incontrovertible fact.

As I've said before, if your brother comes up with a PLAN to turn the ship around while the tides out, to use his metaphors then I, and many others will give it some credence. But at the moment the silence is deafening, no plan, no results, no enthusiasm. All many fans can see is GTFC going to the dogs.
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 348
pseudonym
November 8, 2011, 6:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well IMHO FFS stop underlining every pro-bro post you can lay your mitts on. Your brother has managed to steer us from Championship level to four points above relegation from the 5th level of English football. That is an incontrovertible fact.

As I've said before, if your brother comes up with a PLAN to turn the ship around while the tides out, to use his metaphors then I, and many others will give it some credence. But at the moment the silence is deafening, no plan, no results, no enthusiasm. All many fans can see is GTFC going to the dogs.
And many of us keep the faith

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 348
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2011, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,239
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from pseudonym

You don't get it, do you? Those that 'keep the faith' are barely covering the wage bill - with food & programmes an extra 1000 bums on seats could bring in an extra £20,000 per home game, therefore £500,000 (including cup games) per season. Add 2,000 to the gate and you would bring in £1,000,000 per season. It's the people who don't go who need to be brought back - they represent the future financial health (or otherwise) of GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 348
My cats dreams
November 8, 2011, 6:58pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from pseudonym

Gates are dwindling as with other sources of income. Meeeooowww

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 348
35 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.