Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell blames fans for defeat

This thread currently has 15,655 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
February 11, 2024, 9:28am
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons
DA blames the fans eh?
Well first 2 goals today we gifted them with a shiny ribbon on.
We had a corner today and Eisa/another took it short lost the ball and Stockport got a corner.What do you work on all week Mr Artell because its not set pieces ? Today's horror show stemmed from the dangerous brothers Maher and Rodgers not being able to play out defend or distribute.Added to this they got zero help from CM  to me with this squad the best form of defence is attack maybe we should try that Danny Rose must be fed up he runs his balls off for nothing every game  I didn't expect to beat Stockport and predicted 1-3 Colchester is massive we cang afford to lose.

Actually no he didn't.  Watch the interview again (if you even watched it in the first place), and see what he ACTUALLY said!

Reply: 80 - 214
February 11, 2024, 9:31am
Guest User
Quoted from Yoda
He knows he is getting sacked after the next two games, he probably realises it’s his last managerial role in the football league.

You are an unbelievable idiot.

Reply: 81 - 214
golfer
February 11, 2024, 9:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from 123614

I didn't know Artell was playing in the back four!

We might have done better if he was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 214
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2024, 9:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

Two of the better defensive players we signed were both out injured.

Two?
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 214
February 11, 2024, 9:42am
Guest User
Quoted from Plankton

I think this is a big part of it. We do not seem to research opposing teams, but stubbornly stick to this philosophy. Hurst was a stubborn man but it was always born of reason, however we may have disagreed. This is seemingly through perseverance, rather than tactical decisiveness of the opposition.

Hurst seemingly set up a team to play against the team we were facing, Artell seems to set up a team as to how he feels we should play, which is how it works with exceptional players as there's a mantra and ethos engrained. We've got Rodgers who has the best agent in football.

Well that didn't do PH much good, also I remember people moaning on here that he should pay more attention to how we played instead of trying to stop the way the opposition played.

Reply: 84 - 214
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2024, 9:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

Well that didn't do PH much good, also I remember people moaning on here that he should pay more attention to how we played instead of trying to stop the way the opposition played.

There’s a difference between setting up to play a different way and then dogmatically sticking to it even though you’re getting picked apart every week.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 214
February 11, 2024, 9:52am
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner
He said that the fans’ reaction is making the players hoof it. That’s as good as laying the blame at the door of the fans. Reality is that his approach isn’t fit for purpose and will take us down.

What he actually said was, "I understand the fans reaction", and " we started whacking the ball forward because the fans demanded it".

That is NOT blaming the fans, it is blaming the players for reacting to the fans demands instead of playing to the Managers instructions.  

Reply: 86 - 214
February 11, 2024, 9:57am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I actually think he’s showing some real naivety with some of his press interviews, it can be a dangerous thing to say what you believe even if your beliefs are incorrect.

I don’t think the players changed approach on the back of the supporters being disgruntled I think it was more that they couldn’t make an impact with what they’ve been instructed to do, maybe Artell needs to show a bit of magnanimity & humility.

The supporters bit actually didn’t trigger me it was the bollox about “metrics”, he needs to understand people who go to BP look forward to it all week & spend a big chunk of their disposable income on Town, to them (like me) the only “metric” is the result after the final whistle.

The thing is it is not up to the players to change the way they have been told to play, that is the managers job.

Reply: 87 - 214
pen penfras
February 11, 2024, 10:02am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 123614

And me too, but some people have an agenda and just want DA gone, in fact one poster said he didn't like DA before he even signed for us!

Probably me, not that I didn't like him, I just looked at him in the same way I do players. If their last season was a relegation one, I expect them to be rubbish. How many exceptions to that have we had?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 214
headingly_mariner
February 11, 2024, 10:03am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from 123614

How did DA give them gifts?  Cartwright gave them a gift, Clifton gave them a gift and the whole of the defence gifted the third goal scorer with a free header.  Not much you can do about that from the touchline!

Clifton gave a dubious foul away on the age of their box. That's not a gift, there's no way they should score with one pass from there. Defence totally asleep.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 214
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.