Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Badger57, Balthazar Bullitt, bartgtfc, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BrMarin, BruceytheFish, BulkyMariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, coddy60, CodHead, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, friskneymariner, Gainsbro_Mariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, gobby, GollyGTFC, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, HarrogateMariner, Heisenberg, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, johnbhoy, jonnyboy82, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, krispy84, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LocalLadGTFC, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, majestic tees, ManBurning, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, mariner91, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Mark GTFC, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Mikey_345, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, neverapen, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, supertown, Sussexmariner, sutton mariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, The_Laughing_Mariner, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Zmariner and 1090 Guests

Artell blames fans for defeat

This thread currently has 15,653 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
February 12, 2024, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
The more I listen to him the more, I'm sorry to say, he sounds like oloway. Tells us what we like to hear and again reassures us we won't get relegated. As far as I'm concerned, tomorrow is a big game, so time will tell.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 214
pontoonlew
February 12, 2024, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I think it’s a good interview, Tonduer asks some really good questions and Artell gives some pretty level headed answers whilst acknowledging that there’s a lot of issues to be resolved.

It’s the most open I’ve heard Artell so far, I’m not sure how it can be deemed to be otherwise.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 214
Northbank Mariner
February 12, 2024, 6:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,529
Gold Stars: 172
Honestly, this forum is unbelievable....complain about Hursts pragmatic, don't lose at any cost, to complaining about a man who's strong enough to believe that a change in tactics was needed....and actually Artell is correct, we did lump it up to often and people moaned about that!!
Liked what he said about Wilson, and it would appear that the players (listen to his Rose comment) are starting to buy into his methodology.

I've said it before, I'm still not convinced by Artell, but I have to give him time, its the right thing to do.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 214
February 12, 2024, 6:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

You obviously weren't watching the TV at that point, they were clearly less than 10 yards away sadly the Ref just ignored it.

Now have a day off.

That's good, coming from you!

Reply: 163 - 214
DB
February 12, 2024, 6:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Honestly, this forum is unbelievable....complain about Hursts pragmatic, don't lose at any cost, to complaining about a man who's strong enough to believe that a change in tactics was needed....and actually Artell is correct, we did lump it up to often and people moaned about that!!
Liked what he said about Wilson, and it would appear that the players (listen to his Rose comment) are starting to buy into his methodology.

I've said it before, I'm still not convinced by Artell, but I have to give him time, its the right thing to do.

I agree with your post but I'm undecided if Artell is a charlatan, or not.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 214
lew chaterleys lover
February 12, 2024, 7:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
It was a good honest and interesting interview and I agree with just about everything he said.

I sincerely hope we can get a couple of results and calm frayed nerves as we have been crying out for someone with a cast iron belief in playing the right way which in the end will prove vital for our long term success.

Private Message
Reply: 165 - 214
Poojah
February 12, 2024, 7:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,763
Gold Stars: 1,509
My main takeaway from that is that Artell doesn't know what the royal "we" is.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 214
chipsandgravy
February 12, 2024, 7:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
I haven't really connected to Artell at all up to this point. However I thought this interview was a thoughtful and honest interview. There was a lot of sense to what he was saying - I just hope we manage to secure enough points over the next few weeks to see his plan and philosophy develop.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 214
GhostDan
February 12, 2024, 7:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Overall was a pretty good interview from JT and Artell, I don’t get the few digs he made at Hurst, don’t really think they were needed - especially when we’ve not really seen any signs of improvements in the 11/2 games he’s been in the hot seat.

Huge 2 games coming up this week, let’s hope we can turn the corner.

UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 214
Hagrid
February 12, 2024, 7:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Yeah didnt get the Hurst digs. Weren't needed.

But thought he was honest, considered in his words, and cant fault that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 214
22 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.