Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell blames fans for defeat

This thread currently has 15,461 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
February 10, 2024, 6:57pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,751
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from out of town
Wake up and smell the 14 goals we’ve conceded in our last 3 games AT HOME
Well, I can still understand the anger and frustration, everyone hates a loss and moans. A loss is a loss, but least we didn't let 8 past us like Sutton or 5 like Doncaster. Even the mighty Walsall who beat us 1-6 lost 3-1 against Stockport just like we have.

Away Form

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 214
dapperz fun pub
February 10, 2024, 7:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,948
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Well, I can still understand the anger and frustration, everyone hates a loss and moans. A loss is a loss, but least we didn't let 8 past us like Sutton or 5 like Doncaster. Even the mighty Walsall who beat us 1-6 lost 3-1 against them just like we have.

At half time Stockport changed tactics knowing the game was won I take nothing from that game in a positive way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 214
toontown
February 10, 2024, 7:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

At half time Stockport changed tactics knowing the game was won I take nothing from that game in a positive way

Yep. Totally obvious and Artell simply trying to use that to shore up his weakening position
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 214
Yoda
February 10, 2024, 7:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
He knows he is getting sacked after the next two games, he probably realises it’s his last managerial role in the football league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 214
barralad
February 10, 2024, 7:18pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from toontown

Yeah it's cringingly embarrassing that it so obviously isn't working but he insists on playing in a way that's gifting teams so many goals against us.

Try to lean a bit more towards that style sure, but don't be so rigid and unable to do anything but pressure ourselves.

Well fooked off with today's performance and really really concerned with that interview - we won't be changing style and if that gets us relegated he just shrugs, leaves and blames the fans I guess. Meanwhile we are the ones left holding the excrement.

He said that is the first goal we've conceded as a direct result of playing out from the back. Is he right? On the basis we've conceded16 in the last four home games just maybe the problem isnt confined to that area of the performance

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 214
Lost in Lincoln
February 10, 2024, 7:32pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 7
I mean, he didn't, but don't let that cloud a good rant.

I'm as frustrated as anyone over this insistence on playing it out, but don't start inventing things to have a go.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 214
Plankton
February 10, 2024, 7:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln
I mean, he didn't, but don't let that cloud a good rant.

I'm as frustrated as anyone over this insistence on playing it out, but don't start inventing things to have a go.

Tweet 1756386327111590188 will appear here...

Listen from 00:42
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 214
moosey_club
February 10, 2024, 7:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,264
Gold Stars: 226
Sadly today Stockport didn't have to get out of first let alone second gear to beat us....we gifted them the first.....pretty much gifted them the second albeit it was a very swift and good counter and the third was at best poor defending at times....

Cartwright was hardly troubled apart from the goals  as Stockport didn't need to exert themselves due to our gifts and complete lack of threat.

As much as I disagree with the booing and grumbling it is frustrating watching us trying to play a system/style that the players just can't deliver. Artell really does need to realise they are not capable of it and adapt it slightly for now.

BIG game next week.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 214
Gaffer58
February 10, 2024, 8:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Just a thought, but do the opposition know that we are going to try to play from the back so they play a high pressing game to make us more likely to make a mistake, if the opposition know we’re a big punt type of team then they would have to have more men at the back, hence you cannot just be a one trick pony, you have to play both ways to keep the opposition guessing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 214
Plankton
February 10, 2024, 8:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Gaffer58
Just a thought, but do the opposition know that we are going to try to play from the back so they play a high pressing game to make us more likely to make a mistake, if the opposition know we’re a big punt type of team then they would have to have more men at the back, hence you cannot just be a one trick pony, you have to play both ways to keep the opposition guessing.

I think this is a big part of it. We do not seem to research opposing teams, but stubbornly stick to this philosophy. Hurst was a stubborn man but it was always born of reason, however we may have disagreed. This is seemingly through perseverance, rather than tactical decisiveness of the opposition.

Hurst seemingly set up a team to play against the team we were facing, Artell seems to set up a team as to how he feels we should play, which is how it works with exceptional players as there's a mantra and ethos engrained. We've got Rodgers who has the best agent in football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 214
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.