Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell blames fans for defeat

This thread currently has 15,640 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2024, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mayaman

I watched the interview thinking it would be codswallop.  He actually gives a fair assessment of the game and the fans reaction.  I didn't agree with everything he said but what he said about the fans is right.  It doesn't help the team with them booing and walking out.

Over five and a half thousand home fans turned up yesterday, as they do most weeks, to be entertained not to watch another timid capitulation. Our best performance this season was against Crewe, apart from Conteh the rest of the squad are still here, try and replicate and get the crowd up.

All we’re getting is patronising BS. Between the owners and the coaches, there needs to be some leadership otherwise it’s going to go horribly wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 214
louth_in_the_south
February 11, 2024, 5:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from pontoonlew
A 13 page thread for something that didn’t even happen.

I’ll be absolutely buzzing if it clicks under Artell and the people seemingly hell bent on him failing have to start reluctantly enjoying the football.

He’s given us the ‘teething issues’he promised in bucket loads and it may transpire that he’s not up to it, but the absolute determination to hammer the guy by either point blank lying or blaming him for certain things out of his control makes for tough reading.

Teething issues. Bit of an understatement

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 214
moosey_club
February 11, 2024, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from rancido

That's the bit that annoys me most. Regardless of tactics, so called " professional footballers" are not doing the basic things that will have been coached into them from their very early years.

One of the biggest FFS moments yesterday was a short corner at the Imperial Ave corner....a Stockport player was stood about 5 yds away but they still tried to take it..lost the ball and Stockport were in on the counter.....I mean just why would you even try that ?? Beggar's belief.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 214
arryarryarry
February 11, 2024, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from moosey_club

One of the biggest FFS moments yesterday was a short corner at the Imperial Ave corner....a Stockport player was stood about 5 yds away but they still tried to take it..lost the ball and Stockport were in on the counter.....I mean just why would you even try that ?? Beggar's belief.

Exactly what our group were saying, mind boggling incompetence.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 214
denni266
February 11, 2024, 6:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Kris2

I can't be bothered to read 13 pages of nonsense but I'd bet Denni and Louth are the leads on this thread  .

Both have an obsession with getting managers sacked and did a hatchet job on Hurst before he even returned to the club while whinging about every single defeat he had. Artell has barely been in the job and some people are continuing with the same patterns as if they enjoy it. I say put down your bottles of White Lightning, stop thinking about the good old days when you were in the fishing industry before it collapsed and the club was going toe to toe with the big boys, neither of those things are coming back. It's been 40 years since the mid-80's, time to move on.

Lots of clubs that are having some success now had to suffer way worse declines than we have, that includes yesterday's opponents. We've yet to see the real depths of non-league relegation battles or slipping further down the pyramid as we've always been able to compete in the NL each time after a period of rebuilding from NL mediocrity. Perhaps if we really had fallen into non-league decline as some teams have then our fans might be less arrogant. We're so self-important, we act like judge,jury and executioner, we act like the fans are more important than anything else and I honestly believe many feel that way. They soon get offender when a manager isn't going to get on their knees and suck up to them at every opportunity.

Thankyou for following me so closley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 214
jamesgtfc
February 11, 2024, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew
A 13 page thread for something that didn’t even happen.

I’ll be absolutely buzzing if it clicks under Artell and the people seemingly hell bent on him failing have to start reluctantly enjoying the football.

He’s given us the ‘teething issues’he promised in bucket loads and it may transpire that he’s not up to it, but the absolute determination to hammer the guy by either point blank lying or blaming him for certain things out of his control makes for tough reading.

I think most of us wish for this to end well, but we have seen enough poor Grimsby Town teams and managers over the years to know how this is probably going to pan out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 214
GollyGTFC
February 11, 2024, 7:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
I’ve not really got an issue with the comments about us playing long because the fans booed and pressured the players. That is probably factual correct. You could argue we might have gone in 5-0 down at HT it Cartwright hadn’t been peer pressured into going long. We’ll never know.

What I do have any issue with however is the myth that DA is subtly trying to sow that our away form is “good”. It isn’t. He’s managed 5 league away games and 1 in the FA Cup and we’ve only won 1 of those games. I don’t think that constitutes “good”.

I mean it’s better than our home form but I would call our away form AVERAGE against our ABJECT home form.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 136 - 214
davmariner
February 11, 2024, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I’ve not really got an issue with the comments about us playing long because the fans booed and pressured the players. That is probably factual correct. You could argue we might have gone in 5-0 down at HT it Cartwright hadn’t been peer pressured into going long. We’ll never know.

What I do have any issue with however is the myth that DA is subtly trying to sow that our away form is “good”. It isn’t. He’s managed 5 league away games and 1 in the FA Cup and we’ve only won 1 of those games. I don’t think that constitutes “good”.

I mean it’s better than our home form but I would call our away form AVERAGE against our ABJECT home form.

Good point on the away form. He’s taking the fans as stupid if he thinks that this so called ‘away form’ is going to wash.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 214
fishcake63
February 11, 2024, 8:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
He shooting himself taking the fans on we are not idiots we've seen this crap with hollohead , i feel we are sleepwalking to national lge under this guy & after all the hard work to get back two seasons ago i'm at my wits end thinking here we go again , he just not willing to change his way or the highway but i feel the players will eventually throw him under a bus not because they dont like him or understand him but because they cant play like he asking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 214
louth_in_the_south
February 12, 2024, 9:35am

Exile
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Kris2

I can't be bothered to read 13 pages of nonsense but I'd bet Denni and Louth are the leads on this thread  .

Both have an obsession with getting managers sacked and did a hatchet job on Hurst before he even returned to the club while whinging about every single defeat he had. Artell has barely been in the job and some people are continuing with the same patterns as if they enjoy it. I say put down your bottles of White Lightning, stop thinking about the good old days when you were in the fishing industry before it collapsed and the club was going toe to toe with the big boys, neither of those things are coming back. It's been 40 years since the mid-80's, time to move on.

Lots of clubs that are having some success now had to suffer way worse declines than we have, that includes yesterday's opponents. We've yet to see the real depths of non-league relegation battles or slipping further down the pyramid as we've always been able to compete in the NL each time after a period of rebuilding from NL mediocrity. Perhaps if we really had fallen into non-league decline as some teams have then our fans might be less arrogant. We're so self-important, we act like judge,jury and executioner, we act like the fans are more important than anything else and I honestly believe many feel that way. They soon get offender when a manager isn't going to get on their knees and suck up to them at every opportunity.

Yes I’m no fan of DA ( understatement ) but I definitely didn’t do a hatchet job on hurst thank you.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 214
22 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.