Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell blames fans for defeat

This thread currently has 15,656 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
February 10, 2024, 8:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from out of town
Artell just said that once the fans got on the players backs for passing it out from the back, they didn’t stick to the game plan, started whacking it forward and cost us the game.

The bloke is an complete fraud

That’s not what he said at all. As for blaming the fans for the defeat that’s twaddle. He did say we stopped doing what we were supposed to do after we’d conceded, but how in any way is that blaming the fans for the defeat? It’s just not.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 214
blundellpork
February 10, 2024, 8:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Our insistence on playing out from the back simply invites teams to press us. I have no objection to this being part of our play, but we absolutely need to vary it. By the end of the first half Stockport were charging us down in the 18 yard box, and we were playing the ball back to Cartwright who was stood on his goal line. One mistake and it’s a guaranteed goal. See their first goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 214
Plankton
February 10, 2024, 8:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Did Stockport play it out from the back?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 214
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2024, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

That’s not what he said at all. As for blaming the fans for the defeat that’s twaddle. He did say we stopped doing what we were supposed to do after we’d conceded, but how in any way is that blaming the fans for the defeat? It’s just not.

No, it’s not what he said. However I’m getting a bit drunk off with the ‘we’re too good to go down’ twaddle.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 214
Northbank Mariner
February 10, 2024, 8:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,532
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Plankton

Yes, but they did it with purpose, and also with an end product, we just intercourse about n get nowhere then 5 passes later lose possession.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 214
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2024, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,995
Gold Stars: 228
I actually think he’s showing some real naivety with some of his press interviews, it can be a dangerous thing to say what you believe even if your beliefs are incorrect.

I don’t think the players changed approach on the back of the supporters being disgruntled I think it was more that they couldn’t make an impact with what they’ve been instructed to do, maybe Artell needs to show a bit of magnanimity & humility.

The supporters bit actually didn’t trigger me it was the bollox about “metrics”, he needs to understand people who go to BP look forward to it all week & spend a big chunk of their disposable income on Town, to them (like me) the only “metric” is the result after the final whistle.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 214
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2024, 8:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,995
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Plankton

Stockport never got out of 3rd gear, they didn’t need to.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 214
IlkleyMariner
February 10, 2024, 9:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from out of town
Artell just said that once the fans got on the players backs for passing it out from the back, they didn’t stick to the game plan, started whacking it forward and cost us the game.

The bloke is an complete fraud

A rather stupid thing to do David……
I like most of what you have done, but if we don’t have players who can do what you ask, ask them to do something they can do.

Rome was not built in a day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 214
MaccasBoots
February 10, 2024, 9:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I actually think he’s showing some real naivety with some of his press interviews, it can be a dangerous thing to say what you believe even if your beliefs are incorrect.

I don’t think the players changed approach on the back of the supporters being disgruntled I think it was more that they couldn’t make an impact with what they’ve been instructed to do, maybe Artell needs to show a bit of magnanimity & humility.

The supporters bit actually didn’t trigger me it was the bollox about “metrics”, he needs to understand people who go to BP look forward to it all week & spend a big chunk of their disposable income on Town, to them (like me) the only “metric” is the result after the final whistle.

Managers can't win can they?

When they're cautious and non-committal (like Hurst) they get accused of hiding stuff from the fans or being oblivious to what's happening on the pitch

But when they speak their mind, it's naïve?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 214
arryarryarry
February 10, 2024, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Plankton

Non of their 3 goals came from playing out from their back.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 214
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.