Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell blames fans for defeat

This thread currently has 15,634 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
February 11, 2024, 12:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from out of town
Artell just said that once the fans got on the players backs for passing it out from the back, they didn’t stick to the game plan, started whacking it forward and cost us the game.

The bloke is an complete fraud

I’ve now had the opportunity to listen to Artell post match interview.
I’m not sure who the OP of this thread is. I’ve not noticed any of their posts before.
Could it be a reporter from the Sun or some other scurrilous rag?

It certainly does not reflect what Artell said.
I get it. People are disappointed in yesterdays first half, but let’s stick to accurate threads not the nonsense set up by the OP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 214
rancido
February 11, 2024, 12:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,655
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

I’ve now had the opportunity to listen to Artell post match interview.
I’m not sure who the OP of this thread is. I’ve not noticed any of their posts before.
Could it be a reporter from the Sun or some other scurrilous rag?

It certainly does not reflect what Artell said.
I get it. People are disappointed in yesterdays first half, but let’s stick to accurate threads not the nonsense set up by the OP

But aren't a lot of posts on here similar? They dissect an interview until they find something to hammer the interviewed person with to suit their own agenda.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 214
moosey_club
February 11, 2024, 1:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Even with the  traps they set they looked physically bigger stronger than us pretty much all over the park without even mentioning how organised they were. We didn’t even see the best of Stockport imo they have another gear to go to which they didn’t use yesterday.  Worrying times

Without a doubt they had several more gears if needed...better players technically....very organised...but we just gifted them it..the first two goals killed us and the disallowed goal didn't help.
I dont think I had any doubts they would have beaten us regardless but such naive stuff at times from professional footballers.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 214
rancido
February 11, 2024, 2:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Without a doubt they had several more gears if needed...better players technically....very organised...but we just gifted them it..the first two goals killed us and the disallowed goal didn't help.
I dont think I had any doubts they would have beaten us regardless but such naive stuff at times from professional footballers.

That's the bit that annoys me most. Regardless of tactics, so called " professional footballers" are not doing the basic things that will have been coached into them from their very early years.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 214
toontown
February 11, 2024, 3:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from moosey_club

I think the naive stuff is coming from the manager expecting low confidence poor defenders to be able to switch to his high risk style of play and when the inevitable mistakes happen not let it effect their confidence still further.

Sure give it a try but when it obviously isn't working start to accommodate their actual abilities into your plan.

It might've worked when he first arrived when teams hadnt worked us out (Newport) or against teams that also play the same style (notts, mk dons) or against teams that were abysmal (Salford).
Now every team knows how to get at us we are lambs to the slaughter.

Let's just hope Colchester and Donny are as bad or worse than Salford were against us, looking at the table that is possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 214
pontoonlew
February 11, 2024, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
A 13 page thread for something that didn’t even happen.

I’ll be absolutely buzzing if it clicks under Artell and the people seemingly hell bent on him failing have to start reluctantly enjoying the football.

He’s given us the ‘teething issues’he promised in bucket loads and it may transpire that he’s not up to it, but the absolute determination to hammer the guy by either point blank lying or blaming him for certain things out of his control makes for tough reading.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 214
rancido
February 11, 2024, 3:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’ll be absolutely buzzing if it clicks under Artell and the people seemingly hell bent on him failing have to start reluctantly enjoying the football.

He’s given us the ‘teething issues’he promised in bucket loads and it may transpire that he’s not up to it, but the absolute determination to hammer the guy by either point blank lying or blaming him for certain things out of his control makes for tough reading.

In a nutshell.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 214
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2024, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

Yes, Curtis Thompson (DM)  and Doug Tharme (CB).

Thompson played. Although you could be forgiven for thinking he didn’t.
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 214
Mayaman
February 11, 2024, 5:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from 123614

Actually no he didn't.  Watch the interview again (if you even watched it in the first place), and see what he ACTUALLY said!

I watched the interview thinking it would be codswallop.  He actually gives a fair assessment of the game and the fans reaction.  I didn't agree with everything he said but what he said about the fans is right.  It doesn't help the team with them booing and walking out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 214
Kris2
February 11, 2024, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from pontoonlew

I can't be bothered to read 13 pages of nonsense but I'd bet Denni and Louth are the leads on this thread  .

Both have an obsession with getting managers sacked and did a hatchet job on Hurst before he even returned to the club while whinging about every single defeat he had. Artell has barely been in the job and some people are continuing with the same patterns as if they enjoy it. I say put down your bottles of White Lightning, stop thinking about the good old days when you were in the fishing industry before it collapsed and the club was going toe to toe with the big boys, neither of those things are coming back. It's been 40 years since the mid-80's, time to move on.

Lots of clubs that are having some success now had to suffer way worse declines than we have, that includes yesterday's opponents. We've yet to see the real depths of non-league relegation battles or slipping further down the pyramid as we've always been able to compete in the NL each time after a period of rebuilding from NL mediocrity. Perhaps if we really had fallen into non-league decline as some teams have then our fans might be less arrogant. We're so self-important, we act like judge,jury and executioner, we act like the fans are more important than anything else and I honestly believe many feel that way. They soon get offender when a manager isn't going to get on their knees and suck up to them at every opportunity.

Private Message
Reply: 129 - 214
22 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.