Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell blames fans for defeat

This thread currently has 15,472 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MaccasBoots
February 10, 2024, 6:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +685
Gold Stars: 23
He's absolutely right to be honest. Don't understand our "fans" discouraging and berating our players. How is that going to help them? If you're not going to support the team, then jog on, we don't need you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 214
Vance Warner
February 10, 2024, 6:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,810
Gold Stars: 102
It’s not like we have the players to play longer balls anyway so it just comes straight back to us. I get the frustration but don’t quite buy the argument that you need to be Bobby Moore to play out from the back. Plenty of teams do it successfully at a much lower standard than us. It’s as much about positioning and decision making as it is about technical ability and both of those things can be taught. I hope we can scrape a few wins to ease the nerves so that we can develop our style of play ready for next season. We’ve not had a style of play for the last 20 odd years and it’s no coincidence that it’s been the worst period in our history. Long term I believe this change needs to happen it’s just dicey doing it when you’re so low in the table
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 214
barralad
February 10, 2024, 6:27pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
It’s better than trusting your manager’s judgment of passing it around the back 4 before losing possession and giving a goal away

I'd quite like a comparison of the number of times passing out from the baclk has cost us a goal with how many goals we've coceded from aimless punts upfield which have come back with interest.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 214
Phil the cod
February 10, 2024, 6:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Is this guy for real ? It's our right to voice our concerns if we can obviously see what the players are doing isn't working and they aren't comfortable doing it.
Mr artell, you are clearly out of your depth if you this down to the fans complaining about your stupid tactics that is the reason for the way we gift goals EVERY Fooking game.
The team we got promoted with would of been in the top half of this urine poor league.
The opposition cannot hurt us if the ball is in Thier 18 yard box can they instead we roll the ball out to players who see it as a hot potato and panic ensues.
Please stop this stupid tactic and let's get the ball up quicker, I'm not saying turn into Lincoln under John rudge ffsake, we pass it around for 5 mins, it comes back to the keeper and he hoofs it up anyway!
Just get it up there please, it's doing our heads in.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 214
DB
February 10, 2024, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 387
Quoted from out of town
Artell just said that once the fans got on the players backs for passing it out from the back, they didn’t stick to the game plan, started whacking it forward and cost us the game.

The bloke is an complete fraud

What I heard was " The players started listening to the fans and stopped playing it out from the back". Firstly employees do as the manager says and not some guy from the street ( No offence meant to any fan ) because the manager is responsible for his wages. If they don't do as he says then they will be disciplined, or should be.

Secondly, I find it abhorrent that a manager blames the fans for HIS playing style. I think JS & AP should take him to task about this and the style he makes them play at home.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 214
fishcake63
February 10, 2024, 6:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
No this is on artell messing about at back again i'm all for playing but sometimes during a 90 min you have to get rid we are lge 2 , if we lose next week & we will he on borrowed time & stop blaming us for your mistakes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 214
Plankton
February 10, 2024, 6:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
The thing is, I don't think anyone can blame Artell for desiring a way to play, however, he does not have the players to go with it. We as fans know and the players seemingly also know it as they're excrement at implementing it.

The Stockport commentary were saying all game that it was a naïve way to play and they fancied themselves a goal against this outfit, which says it all really.

A good manager works with players that can play the way they can, not with what the way he desires.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 214
AndyGTFC
February 10, 2024, 6:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Let's not chat utter balderdash now.

He blamed the players for abandoning what they were doing and reacting to the booing but that he understood the fans reaction. So he's not blaming the fans, he's blaming the players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 214
grimsby pete
February 10, 2024, 6:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
It's hard enough trying to beat the in form team that is top of the league.

There is no need to give them gifts and try to do things you are not very good at.

Take a hard look at yourself Artell and smell the coffee.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 214
toontown
February 10, 2024, 6:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Plankton
The thing is, I don't think anyone can blame Artell for desiring a way to play, however, he does not have the players to go with it. We as fans know and the players seemingly also know it as they're excrement at implementing it.

The Stockport commentary were saying all game that it was a naïve way to play and they fancied themselves a goal against this outfit, which says it all really.

A good manager works with players that can play the way they can, not with what the way he desires.

Yeah it's cringingly embarrassing that it so obviously isn't working but he insists on playing in a way that's gifting teams so many goals against us.

Try to lean a bit more towards that style sure, but don't be so rigid and unable to do anything but pressure ourselves.

Well fooked off with today's performance and really really concerned with that interview - we won't be changing style and if that gets us relegated he just shrugs, leaves and blames the fans I guess. Meanwhile we are the ones left holding the excrement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 214
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell blames fans for defeat

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.