Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

This thread currently has 26,154 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 26, 2023, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

And yet on Saturday, we created lots of chances; far more than they did, but it seems forcing the opposition into mistakes isn't classed as creating goal scoring opportunities by some. We had 17 shots, with 7 on target. You can argue that we are not finishing those chances, but to say we are not creating any wasn't the case on Saturday. They had 3 shots on target, and they all went in. The first a fluke, the second a volley, that 9 times out of 10 goes flying over the bar. The third was a sh1tshow defensively, and even then we had a great chance to level it, which went begging.

Eisa and Rose have 7 goals between them so far. Eisa has played 8 games and Rose 7, so they are doing pretty well all things considered. Holohan has chipped in with a couple, but others need to step up.

On Saturday, 2 goals should have been enough, as it was against Salford and Gillingham, but the much changed defence had a nightmare. They capitalised on our poor defensive display, but we didn't on theirs.

But not many of those chances were created after it went 2-2. Again we lost points by not taking advantage of a lead.
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 312
AncientExiledMariner
September 26, 2023, 1:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But not many of those chances were created after it went 2-2. Again we lost points by not taking advantage of a lead.

I think that is probably a point of agreement (that we did not take advantage of our chances). If we put 3 away, it would have been fine. Gnahoua and Khan (when fully fit) will need to step up. Clifton needs to give a bit more offensively. I think he's still getting used to playing centrally and when he can and cannot go forward.

I do agree 2 should be enough. Defending for the second wasn't great, and we do need to tighten up on that. Clifton and Glennon didn't do well enough. At least Glennon could argue he had a man, but it doesn't seem he communicated and Clifton really didn't sniff out the danger. I'm a fan of Clifton's, but he'll need to learn from that.

I hope we have Maher back soon, and Mullarkey can go back to RB. I much prefer Amos to Glennon right now, and I think Glennon needs a bit more time out to get himself back into form and work himself out of this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 312
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 26, 2023, 3:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555

Defending for the second wasn't great, and we do need to tighten up on that. Clifton and Glennon didn't do well enough. At least Glennon could argue he had a man, but it doesn't seem he communicated and Clifton really didn't sniff out the danger. I'm a fan of Clifton's, but he'll need to learn from that.

I wouldn’t blame Clifton for the 2nd goal

- As Crawley break, Pyke is the only Town player further forward than Clifton. At least Clifton makes it back to our penalty area, which is more than can be said for most of the rest of our midfielders.

- Holohan just stops jogging and allows Kelly to run off him (after letting Kelly do the exact same thing 3 mins prior, which led to their first goal).

- Khan makes a token effort to help Efete

- Mullarkey forgets Kelly’s very left footed and lets him get the cross in

- Glennon turns his back on the volley and decides to get down on one knee and propose to the Pontoon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 312
GrimPol
September 26, 2023, 4:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from ancientmariner54

We're you saying this when we were two nill up ?

We have scored first in 3 matches, Crawley,    Mansfield, which then drew (against 10 men) and Notts County.

Football on Managers is brutal, its also brutal on Fans.  
PH has earned himself time, due to a Promotion, and last seasons team was cobbled together at speed, granted.
However, he isn't building a team. Due to the high turnover of players year in year out. We have to rely on PH signings from the first whistle, and the results aren't coming in. GTFC made a big thing about Data Analysis, so here's mine 10 from 27. Whilst baying for blood is not what we need, sticking one's head in the sand is not good either.
Yes PH has got time with most Fans, but nobody is bulletproof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 312
chaos33
September 26, 2023, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362

- As Crawley break, Pyke is the only Town player further forward than Clifton. At least Clifton makes it back to our penalty area, which is more than can be said for most of the rest of our midfielders.

- Holohan just stops jogging and allows Kelly to run off him (after letting Kelly do the exact same thing 3 mins prior, which led to their first goal).

- Glennon turns his back on the volley and decides to get down on one knee and propose to the Pontoon

That’s a very detailed exposition and there are a fair few individual errors in there. Some of these are effort/concentration/awareness based so they need pointing out and cutting out. Not really too much excuse for me in those categories at this level.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 312
HerveJosse
September 26, 2023, 7:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144

I think Glennon was begging for forgiveness rather then proposing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 312
Northbank Mariner
September 26, 2023, 7:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from ginnywings

And yet on Saturday, we created lots of chances; far more than they did, but it seems forcing the opposition into mistakes isn't classed as creating goal scoring opportunities by some. We had 17 shots, with 7 on target. You can argue that we are not finishing those chances, but to say we are not creating any wasn't the case on Saturday. They had 3 shots on target, and they all went in. The first a fluke, the second a volley, that 9 times out of 10 goes flying over the bar. The third was a sh1tshow defensively, and even then we had a great chance to level it, which went begging.

Eisa and Rose have 7 goals between them so far. Eisa has played 8 games and Rose 7, so they are doing pretty well all things considered. Holohan has chipped in with a couple, but others need to step up.

On Saturday, 2 goals should have been enough, as it was against Salford and Gillingham, but the much changed defence had a nightmare. They capitalised on our poor defensive display, but we didn't on theirs.

Thats all very good, but we are 17th in the league, dropped 12 points from winning positions and have won 2 in the last 11 games, those are the statistics I care about tbh..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 312
MuddyWaters
September 26, 2023, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Thats all very good, but we are 17th in the league, dropped 12 points from winning positions and have won 2 in the last 11 games, those are the statistics I care about tbh..

Me too. To be honest, I’ve almost given up the idea of being entertained too. Gillingham was a welcome surprise and, for a very long time, the result has become far more important than the performance.
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 312
HerveJosse
September 26, 2023, 8:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
More meaningless stats.
If we lose to Swindon and Barrow we will still be able say we have only lost to teams above us this year.
If we continue to lose after that it’s likely we will be able to say that for the rest of the season.
Sutton bottom beat Notts top 5-1 on the opening day of the season so Notts can say we have only lost to teams who are bottom this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 312
ginnywings
September 26, 2023, 9:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I am aware of that and as p1ssed off about it as the next fan, but my point was made toward another post that said we don't create anything, when in fact we created plenty on Saturday. Far more shots and shots on target than we did against Gillingham in fact, which many cite as a good and entertaining performance.

I want to see goals, wins and entertainment as much as any fan does, but I'm not going to lose my sh1t at every set back.

I personally think that we will get better when everyone is back fit and we have grown into the season. If we don't then I will join in with the conversation about PH and whether he is the man for the job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.