Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 95 Guests

Ok then , New Ground time

This thread currently has 31,096 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 6, 2022, 10:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
I think the only adaptation that the main/osmond needs is the pitch of the roof so that NO seats are restricted. If this is cost effective or not, I havent a clue and it may be the case that it’s easier to knock down and start again. Yes there’s sentimental times in there for many people and great memories. But, times have to move on.

The question mark is the time period that the amount of work would take and if it would cause a situation where stands we’re unable to be used for games.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 276
rancido
August 6, 2022, 10:50am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,655
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from DB
I just read the GL, we ought to talk them about a new ground, they've found £25 million for Freshney Place. £25 million would build a new ground with shops, etc., and provide the council with a nice rent.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....il-announces-7188634

Taken from the GET " External professionals have now been assigned to maintain the centre as the council looks to expand on it's long-term plans. The acquisition, they stress,  comes at no extra cost to the taxpayer with funds provided through grant funding and rents".
While I want a new ground for GTFC as much as the next fan,  the acquisition and development of Freshney Pace is a totally different kind of investment to us needing a new football stadium.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 276
White_shorts
October 20, 2022, 4:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I believe that the club were going to turn the ground around 90 degrees so that the findus would’ve been behind the goal.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I think that's just a rumour started by a bullsh!t merchant.  I can't believe the club would be so stupid as to embark on a pitch rotation masterplan before they were able to demolish the houses behind the Main Stand.

There was no all-seater requirement in 1982, so no need to rotate the pitch to create room for bigger side stands.  I assume the Findus only covers half the length of the pitch because that's all the club could get permission for.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 276
Mayaman
October 20, 2022, 5:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought it was 26k but according to your link 22k .  What can't speak , can't lie as Del Boy would say.  I was in the Pontoon on a milk crate. Saw one goal go in.  What an atmosphere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 276
White_shorts
November 11, 2022, 3:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from DB
Where does the money come from to build a new stadium? The core tenant at most sites were supermarket type developments which are now out of fashion, so other money has to be sorted, but from where?

I've mentioned Grimsby West a couple of times as a new stadium enabling development.  St Nicholas View will be adjacent to the A1136 and include a primary school, community hub and village store.  A stadium can incorporate classrooms, meeting rooms and shops.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/3800-homes-shops-primary-school-5443612

There are several plus points:

*The stadium would be built at the same time as the houses, so no complaints from local residents;

*Visiting supporters would get in and out quickly without going near the town centre, so less potential for crowd trouble.  This is especially important if we were playing in the Championship, as the big city teams can bring 2-3k fans;

*Far from the cemetery, so no need to put fast food restaurants next to the crematorium and no gridlock on Peaks Parkway at 5pm.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 276
forza ivano
November 11, 2022, 3:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from White_shorts

I've mentioned Grimsby West a couple of times as a new stadium enabling development.  St Nicholas View will be adjacent to the A1136 and include a primary school, community hub and village store.  A stadium can incorporate classrooms, meeting rooms and shops.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/3800-homes-shops-primary-school-5443612

*The stadium would be built at the same time as the houses, so no complaints from local residents;

*Visiting supporters would get in and out quickly without going near the town centre, so less potential for crowd trouble.  This is especially important if we were playing in the Championship, as the big city teams can bring 2-3k fans;

*Far from the cemetery, so no need to put fast food restaurants next to the crematorium and no gridlock on Peaks Parkway at 5pm.

oh good - a new post from white shorts

oh god - it's about the new ground (again!)

zzzzzzzzzzz
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 276
ska face
November 11, 2022, 3:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,779
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from White_shorts

A large-scale residential scheme like this can fund a project like a community stadium without it needing to be planted right in the middle of the housing estate.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 276
DB
November 11, 2022, 3:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Both JS & AP have said were not moving in the foreseeable future and want to develop BP in the short-term ( or even long-term)

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 276
GollyGTFC
November 11, 2022, 4:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from DB
Both JS & AP have said were not moving in the foreseeable future and want to develop BP in the short-term ( or even long-term)

I like JS & AP, but they are extremely selective when talking about Blundell Park attendances and the need for a new stadium.

“We’re not filling BP” being the main false justification for a new stadium not being required.

Take a look at Rotherham, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury and probably numerous I haven’t mentioned for clubs leaving tired old grounds and moving to a new stadium and their attendances Sky-rocketing because they can offer spacious, modern facilities, no restricted views and a modern match day experience to customers (fans).

If we had a Rotherham type stadium we could get 8-10,000 home fans to every league match even in L2.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 118 - 276
Mariner_09
November 11, 2022, 4:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I like JS & AP, but they are extremely selective when talking about how Blundell Park attendances and the need for a new stadium.

“We’re not filling BP” being the main false justification for a new stadium not being required.

Take a look at Rotherham, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury and probably numerous I haven’t mentioned for clubs leaving tired old grounds and moving to a new stadium and their attendances Sky-rocketing because they can offer spacious, modern facilities, no restricted views and a modern match day experience to customers (fans).

If we had a Rotherham type stadium we could get 8-10,000 home fans to every league match even in L2.

I do wish Blundell Park's capacity was 3.5-4k bigger than it was now. It's anecdotal but I've seen on here, WhatsApp groups and Facebook numerous people who would go more regularly but can't because they can't sit together or get a half decent view. Ideally you'd want to be getting another 1,500-2,000 on the average attendance with similar left over dotted around the ground so we had a fair few seats available for casual fans. You'd get naturally higher attendances and build habits in more people, thus more consistent cash income.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 276
28 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.