Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 97 Guests

Ok then , New Ground time

This thread currently has 31,091 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
thefish
November 11, 2022, 7:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Phil the cod
They'll be plenty of empty seats next season as the recession bites and people will grow tired of hurstball.

Hopefully something bites you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 276
HerveJosse
November 11, 2022, 8:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
This has been debated to death on here..The tone deafness of the new owners to the capacity issue can only mean that it’s not a problem they expected and solutions are not within the zone of funding they had earmarked to support their purchase of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 276
moosey_club
November 11, 2022, 10:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HerveJosse
This has been debated to death on here..The tone deafness of the new owners to the capacity issue can only mean that it’s not a problem they expected and solutions are not within the zone of funding they had earmarked to support their purchase of the club.

Or...one swallow doesn't make a summer.
They have grown support on the back of a successful season...for the first time in my living memory the club is  near capacity every week ....but it's only now...part of a single season in our history of B.P. ....hardly the foundation to spunk a load cash on a new stadium. Improve what we have for now, value the supporters...I would think 2 or 3 seasons of similar demand would be required before any true effort to relocate would be pushed up the agenda.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 276
MarinerWY
November 12, 2022, 12:28am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,991
Gold Stars: 47
We definitely need a new stadium. I don't believe there's thousands of fans waiting in the wings, but we could certainly get more for bigger games- but as many have pointed out, it's about the experience. Getting in and out, having an unrestricted view etc.

I'd be surprised if owners are not starting some conversations about a new ground in the background, and wisely not saying anything about it publically
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 276
DB
November 12, 2022, 6:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Phil the cod
They'll be plenty of empty seats next season as the recession bites and people will grow tired of hurstball.

On the other hand promotion to League should ensure STH renew their seats.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 276
Garth
November 12, 2022, 9:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Talk of a new ground is just that, demolish the main stand rebuild it with upward sloping roof to match the pontoon, get rid of police box and join roofing of pontoon to new main stand and fill corner with seats, then when feasible do the same with Osmond end
Extend findus stand both ends and Bobs yer uncle.
Plenty of room exists just the gumption and drive required, sadly still missing where it matters, small Town ghinking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 276
pen penfras
November 12, 2022, 10:47am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from moosey_club

Or...one swallow doesn't make a summer.
They have grown support on the back of a successful season...for the first time in my living memory the club is  near capacity every week ....but it's only now...part of a single season in our history of B.P. ....hardly the foundation to spunk a load cash on a new stadium. Improve what we have for now, value the supporters...I would think 2 or 3 seasons of similar demand would be required before any true effort to relocate would be pushed up the agenda.

I completely agree with this. I think there's no way we can build a new stadium based on one season of good attendances when a mid-table finish might see us return to 5k a week next season. If that happens and we still sell all those season tickets, then the situation changes slightly and maybe there is a need for a larger capacity. It'd just be nice to hear them say that we need to sustain high attendances rather than saying we aren't getting them.

Another problem is the funding. They aren't rich enough to build a new stadium out of their own pockets and will be fully aware of how difficult local support was to get this going over more than 20 years. We need a new home, but I struggle to see it happening in the next decade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 276
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 12, 2022, 10:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Phil the cod

Fun sponge

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 276
lukeo
November 12, 2022, 12:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Just a thought and it's got no proof of anything but I wonder if we're limited to capacity due to the ground for various reasons (ie a certain amount of fire exits or some sort of health and safety regulation) surely if it was as simple as renting some green seats and wacking them up they'd have done it already?  There's websites you can literally rent them from and they deliver and install them themselves... Maybe I'm wrong but maybe it isn't as simple as just taking the risk of the expense in hope we fill it each week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 276
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 12, 2022, 12:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from lukeo
Just a thought and it's got no proof of anything but I wonder if we're limited to capacity due to the ground for various reasons (ie a certain amount of fire exits or some sort of health and safety regulation) surely if it was as simple as renting some green seats and wacking them up they'd have done it already?  There's websites you can literally rent them from and they deliver and install them themselves... Maybe I'm wrong but maybe it isn't as simple as just taking the risk of the expense in hope we fill it each week

I think this time of year, we’d have to be flying high in the league or have some upturn in weather to expect open seating to be filled week in week out. The option (possibly) may Be to move the fan zone to Harrington st/imperial corner and have the temporary seating to form part of the away end

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 276
28 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.