Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 729 Guests

Ok then , New Ground time

This thread currently has 31,109 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
November 13, 2022, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from 1mickylyons

A massive influx of new staff and roles created at the Club but so far I see very few benefits? Most of us me included are pretty much most concerned about what we see on the pitch. These new owners talk a great game well let's see it then please.Where and when is this training pitch coming? How much extra revenue have you brought in aside from ticket sales massively increasing. Will you be backing the manager heavily in January when clearly we need 3-4 quality additions? The honeymoon is over

I do agree with this I must say.

Last week I went in 3 stands - the upper for the Plymouth game, the Main for the Man. City game (I know, but the grandson wanted to go) and my usual pontoon seat for the league game.

Any improvements have been superficial at best; they seem extremely keen on the quality of the food, but many (most?) fans don't go for the food.

I think it is time for the directors to outline their plans, which do not include further generic references to shared values, and community ambitions, as we know how important those things are, but let's face it just about every club espouses those values endlessly on their Twitter accounts and other social media. It is very important and we were starved of such basics from seemingly the only man in football (Fenty) who did not see the benefits of such things. Now that we are running with the herd in such fundamental matters we need to have ambitious plans for the club itself.

I totally understand Stockwood's desire to use the club as a fulcrum for the town's community values, but I think they will have to outline their thoughts on how it might be achieved. That will surely involve infrastructure, at the stadium, at a new training complex or a new stadium. Stockwood has said before he has investors waiting in the wings, so surely we can utilise such commitments while interest remains relatively high?

I have heard a few complaints lately that the information coming out of the club is not updated enough; there seemed surprisingly little last week on the Doncaster game, and once again there were lots of empty seats in the Pontoon presumably due to season ticket holders not turning up. This should have been addressed with some sort of bonus scheme for fans to allow the seats to be re-sold.

I hope they are working behind the scenes on some major plans but in addition to that they also need to consider the most important thing of all - results on the pitch. It is certainly a tough gig but our expectations from the new owners are very high due to the incredible success they have had in their respective fields.
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 276
chaos33
November 13, 2022, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Ist there a question or a point in there somewhere, or are you just venting because we’ve lost the last 3 league games? What do you want/expect/suggest?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 276
lew chaterleys lover
November 13, 2022, 6:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from chaos33
Ist there a question or a point in there somewhere, or are you just venting because we’ve lost the last 3 league games? What do you want/expect/suggest?

Has your account been hacked? You don't seem to be the same poster who for many years I thought reasonable and who I often agreed with. You have now turned into the forum's resident bully, anxious to belittle any poster who you don't agree with.

It's a football forum; nothing more nothing less. We all have differing opinions on all sorts of things and it is not your job to police them. If you cannot understand the gist of my post then what can I do? I don't want to ask a question particularly I am just commenting on my club, and the current state of play. I think going to BP as man and boy for over 60 years gives me that right.
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 276
chaos33
November 13, 2022, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
I’m not bullying you. I just don’t get your point. What are you unhappy about? The results ? Of course. I agree. Beyond that, what…?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 276
HertsGTFC
November 13, 2022, 6:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,994
Gold Stars: 228

I do agree with this I must say.

Last week I went in 3 stands - the upper for the Plymouth game, the Main for the Man. City game (I know, but the grandson wanted to go) and my usual pontoon seat for the league game.

Any improvements have been superficial at best; they seem extremely keen on the quality of the food, but many (most?) fans don't go for the food.

I think it is time for the directors to outline their plans, which do not include further generic references to shared values, and community ambitions, as we know how important those things are, but let's face it just about every club espouses those values endlessly on their Twitter accounts and other social media. It is very important and we were starved of such basics from seemingly the only man in football (Fenty) who did not see the benefits of such things. Now that we are running with the herd in such fundamental matters we need to have ambitious plans for the club itself.

I totally understand Stockwood's desire to use the club as a fulcrum for the town's community values, but I think they will have to outline their thoughts on how it might be achieved. That will surely involve infrastructure, at the stadium, at a new training complex or a new stadium. Stockwood has said before he has investors waiting in the wings, so surely we can utilise such commitments while interest remains relatively high?

I have heard a few complaints lately that the information coming out of the club is not updated enough; there seemed surprisingly little last week on the Doncaster game, and once again there were lots of empty seats in the Pontoon presumably due to season ticket holders not turning up. This should have been addressed with some sort of bonus scheme for fans to allow the seats to be re-sold.

I hope they are working behind the scenes on some major plans but in addition to that they also need to consider the most important thing of all - results on the pitch. It is certainly a tough gig but our expectations from the new owners are very high due to the incredible success they have had in their respective fields.

Other than a new training ground, details TBC I’m not sure the plan the owners have will deviate from “evolution not revolution”.

The empty seats bit is interesting there are half a dozen seats in a row in the Upper on row G behind where we sit I’m not sure anyone has sat in them since the season started.

I’ve missed/will miss a couple of games due to work I’d be happy to open up my ticket in exchange for say points towards a club shop voucher or a discounted table in McMenemy’s before a game etc..  but I want it to be easy, like everything I just want a self service app on my phone where I can just click release. This is something the club can do I think and they should do more on this topic.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 276
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2022, 8:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Other than a new training ground, details TBC I’m not sure the plan the owners have will deviate from “evolution not revolution”.

The empty seats bit is interesting there are half a dozen seats in a row in the Upper on row G behind where we sit I’m not sure anyone has sat in them since the season started.

I’ve missed/will miss a couple of games due to work I’d be happy to open up my ticket in exchange for say points towards a club shop voucher or a discounted table in McMenemy’s before a game etc..  but I want it to be easy, like everything I just want a self service app on my phone where I can just click release. This is something the club can do I think and they should do more on this topic.

There’s got to be some incentive to release your seat. It’s also a manual task to get your disabled free ticket for a cup game through the system. The sound system remains awful, the Main Stand facilities in general are sub standard. There’s still so much money to be spent on BP that it’s bound to impact on the overall budget plus we continue to recruit for an ever increasing number of newly created back room roles. I still remain convinced that, in a football club, the football comes first. I’m all for running a solid business but surely the foundation for that has to be success in the core activities?
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 276
ska face
November 13, 2022, 9:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,781
Gold Stars: 851
Just out of interest, at what point are the club allowed to spend money on anything outside the first team squad? After a Premier League win, or Champs League perhaps?
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 276
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2022, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Just out of interest, at what point are the club allowed to spend money on anything outside the first team squad? After a Premier League win, or Champs League perhaps?

At what point did I suggest that other things didn’t need improvement?
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 276
ska face
November 13, 2022, 9:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,781
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from MuddyWaters

At what point did I suggest that other things didn’t need improvement?

Quoted from MuddyWaters

I still remain convinced that, in a football club, the football comes first.

Football first, everything else…mañana.
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 276
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2022, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Football first, everything else…mañana.

Not at all. Success = bums on seats (ST sales) = more money to spend across all areas

Failure = lower attendances = less money = decaying facilities and infrastructure
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 276
28 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.