28 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
December 18, 2022, 11:14am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,202
Gold Stars: 51
I was on the train from Cleethorpes to Doncaster after the game. Most said they would rather have stayed at Belle View as there is no sole in the new ground. They called it a concrete monstrosity in the wrong part of town.

How many will say the same when we move to a new ground?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 276
lew chaterleys lover
December 18, 2022, 11:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I was on the train from Cleethorpes to Doncaster after the game. Most said they would rather have stayed at Belle View as there is no sole in the new ground. They called it a concrete monstrosity in the wrong part of town.

We can sell them some sole, surely?
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 276
mike_d
December 18, 2022, 1:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from moosey_club

One of them actually referred to Belle Vue as being good ....I laughed at the suggestion   reminded them it was a decaying sh1t hole and the only thing of note was watching the gliders taking off and rising up over the far end.

Is that like us watching the traffic in and out of the humber from the findus stand?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 276
mimma
December 18, 2022, 3:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Any donny fan that wanted to stay at Belle View wants their head examined.
It was one of the worst grounds at that time, it was an absolute dump.

Unless they meant rebuilding the stadium from scratch, but I dont6know how feasible that would have been.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 276
GYinScuntland
December 18, 2022, 7:59pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Yes it's a  nondescript new build but surely it's only a gnats member away from the old one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 276
White_shorts
January 4, 2023, 4:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from GYinScuntland

A bit deluded if you think away fans won't go into the town centre pre match, of course they will.
It would just mean them getting a cab or bus etc to the ground and having us pencilled in as a excrement awayday.

Are you saying you want the club to stay at Blundell Park, maximum capacity 10k, so away fans can still have their day out in Cleethorpes?

The likes of Sunderland, Sheff Utd and WBA would easily bring 3,000 vocal supporters to Grimsby West regardless of how 'excrement' the experience.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 276
chaos33
January 4, 2023, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Ungrateful barstewards. It’s a perfectly good, modern stadium with excellent facilities and accessibility. The reason it might feel soul-less is probably more to do with how many people attend and what they do when they’re there. I’d rather have something akin to Rotherham’s stadium, but I agree - anyone who wishes they’d not had the new stadium and stayed at the tip that was Belle View (irony) has had too many sherbets.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 276
28 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.