Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

Ok then , New Ground time

This thread currently has 31,114 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 12, 2022, 11:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,995
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It frustrates me that we continue to chuck money at BP. I noticed today that the advertising boards have gone off the top of the Osmond. Does this mean reduced advertising revenue?

£2.50 for a cup of tea in the Findus I think there’s an all round shared expectation that people will chuck money at BP.

To be honest in the side of the ground we sit other than the red barriers in the upper being replaced by glass I can’t see any other areas where money has been spent.

When costs are squeezed for SME’s and in reality there is very little quantifiable value in local out of home sport’s sponsorship it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s less in ground advertising income.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 276
pen penfras
November 13, 2022, 8:22am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It frustrates me that we continue to chuck money at BP. I noticed today that the advertising boards have gone off the top of the Osmond. Does this mean reduced advertising revenue?

They've gone because they haven't been sold. We forced Dave Smith out by hiring somebody to do his job who is nowhere near as good. Then make statements in the press insinuating that people left because they couldn't perform with the higher expectations and some lies about printing issues to try and save face
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 276
moosey_club
November 13, 2022, 8:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Let's see how many turn up against Stevenage and the rest of the home games this season...we have had back to back games where the away end has been full and relative derbies so the home stands are full as well.

Advertising....think half of the boards have been stripped as businesses no longer exist....Mick Mcgarry Turf Accouncants and Peter Sheffield Coaches were still up there I think 🤣

Spoke with some Donny fans after the game and they said how good it was to be at an old school ground with a cracking atmosphere from the 3 home stands.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 276
aldi_01
November 13, 2022, 9:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
flipping hell. Ya know things aren’t going too bad when people are still going on about some advertising boards. Who flipping cares?

Aside from Covid, I’ve missed one home game in about 20 years and I couldn’t tell you a flipping single thing about any advertising board. I didn’t even spot they were missing.

People really need to stop reading in to stuff or trying to find things to moan about.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 276
ska face
November 13, 2022, 9:09am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from pen penfras

They've gone because they haven't been sold. We forced Dave Smith out by hiring somebody to do his job who is nowhere near as good. Then make statements in the press insinuating that people left because they couldn't perform with the higher expectations and some lies about printing issues to try and save face

Maybe you should fork out £900 for a “Bring Back Dave Smith” advertising board, everyone’s a winner.
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 276
pen penfras
November 13, 2022, 9:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Maybe you should fork out £900 for a “Bring Back Dave Smith” advertising board, everyone’s a winner.

Maybe I just feel like the way that a lot of people, who have given a lot to this club over the years, have been treated is unacceptable. Especially when we hear so much publicity about the respect and values the club is supposed to hold. If we'd brought in people who were doing a great job, then it'd be somewhat justified, but most of the staff over the years did a fantastic job regardless of what you think of the owner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 276
HertsGTFC
November 13, 2022, 9:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,995
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from pen penfras

Maybe I just feel like the way that a lot of people, who have given a lot to this club over the years, have been treated is unacceptable. Especially when we hear so much publicity about the respect and values the club is supposed to hold. If we'd brought in people who were doing a great job, then it'd be somewhat justified, but most of the staff over the years did a fantastic job regardless of what you think of the owner.

As we generally replace non playing colleagues on a 1 for 1 basis so you don’t know what the incumbent can do until they’re established in the role. You came out with the sweeping statement the other week about average office turnover being 10% but if your office is average then expect turnover to be higher.

Quite simply the new owners want to improve aspects of the club that the old wouldn’t lower himself to address, JS & AP are really experienced and if they believe they can attract better talent to improve us then that’s their choice to make as owners. It just reflects what the manager does he brings what he feels is better talent in to improve results.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 276
1mickylyons
November 13, 2022, 9:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from pen penfras

A massive influx of new staff and roles created at the Club but so far I see very few benefits? Most of us me included are pretty much most concerned about what we see on the pitch. These new owners talk a great game well let's see it then please.Where and when is this training pitch coming? How much extra revenue have you brought in aside from ticket sales massively increasing. Will you be backing the manager heavily in January when clearly we need 3-4 quality additions? The honeymoon is over
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 276
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 13, 2022, 9:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,767
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from pen penfras

I have no gripe with our new owners or with Dave Smith but correct me if I’m wrong but Dave only left a few weeks ago after the season was well underway. Thus given our increased feel good factor I would have expected any sale of ground advertising boards to have been done and dusted by the time he departed so not sure the removal of a number of them can be laid at the door of his replacement.

To be honest amazed that any company buys these boards as Aldi said who ever looks at them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 276
pen penfras
November 13, 2022, 9:55am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I have no gripe with our new owners or with Dave Smith but correct me if I’m wrong but Dave only left a few weeks ago after the season was well underway. Thus given our increased feel good factor I would have expected any sale of ground advertising boards to have been done and dusted by the time he departed so not sure the removal of a number of them can be laid at the door of his replacement.

To be honest amazed that any company buys these boards as Aldi said who ever looks at them.

But the department changed long before Dave left. Somebody was hired to be his boss and changed the way things are done. I've never seen black boards around the ground during the season before.

Companies buy them to support the club, it's not like they get very much out of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 276
28 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.