Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 92 Guests

Ok then , New Ground time

This thread currently has 31,089 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
November 13, 2022, 10:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

Maybe I just feel like the way that a lot of people, who have given a lot to this club over the years, have been treated is unacceptable. Especially when we hear so much publicity about the respect and values the club is supposed to hold. If we'd brought in people who were doing a great job, then it'd be somewhat justified, but most of the staff over the years did a fantastic job regardless of what you think of the owner.

I’d say they were part of the issue then, to realise that the previous owner was as a buffoon but they kept going and ploughing on, doing very little to try and change things.

They could’ve left, they didn’t. Now new owners are changing the shape, the direction of the club and so forth and they’re being pushed to the side or leaving, it happens. In every single profession. You can do that with honesty and transparency too. We serve notice on kids at school, we’re a trauma informed setting and we serve notice in a trauma informed way.

It’s just the usual, people trying to find something to moan about.

It’s a non story really, all the advertising boards about the Main stand were removed last year and replaced.

As I said, and I’m sure plenty would agree, I’ve barely missed a home game since 89 and I couldn’t tell you a single advertising board. How much income they generate for the businesses can’t be much.

As Ska said though, plenty of space, could always sling a couple of hundred quid in for some MDF with ‘save smudger’ on.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 276
HertsGTFC
November 13, 2022, 10:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
[b][/b]
Quoted from pen penfras

But the department changed long before Dave left. Somebody was hired to be his boss and changed the way things are done. I've never seen black boards around the ground during the season before.

Companies buy them to support the club, it's not like they get very much out of it.

Do they?

So I work for a business that involves around 1,000 SME’s across the UK and those businesses would never buy such an unquantifiable media to support a club, they’d buy it to raise the profile of their business in a location that has regular high numbers of attendees.

Maybe some businesses in what is a challenging period can’t see the value in this kind of spend rather than anything the club may or may not be doing.

You have to get your head out of small town mentality, just because someone is a nice lad or lovely lass the way of the world now sadly is that that won’t keep them in a job.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 276
aldi_01
November 13, 2022, 10:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HertsGTFC
[b][/b]

Do they?

So I work for a business that involves around 1,000 SME’s across the UK and those businesses would never buy such an unquantifiable media to support a club, they’d buy it to raise the profile of their business in a location that has regular high numbers of attendees.

Maybe some businesses in what is a challenging period can’t see the value in this kind of spend rather than anything the club may or may not be doing.

You have to get your head out of small town mentality, just because someone is a nice lad or lovely lass the way of the world now sadly is that that won’t keep them in a job.

Probably why some of those people were at BP so long, look at Fleming, hard to see any element of effectiveness in his role as CEO or impact.

May be they were nice people but that doesn’t drive a company forward. As you say, people need to relive the small town mentality and also explore why a small, local business would throw any money in to a no mark football team for little benefit and little coverage isn’t he current climate.

Plenty put money in to the club since a certain person left but we don’t talk about that, instead we’ll talk about a few empty advertising boards. Although, as I’ve said, I couldn’t actually tell you any, not because I’m not observant, quite the opposite in that area, more that it’s not really something I’m arsed about or look at.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 276
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 13, 2022, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
I’ve said it before, and will beat the drum again, but if a side panel was put up at the main stand side of the pontoon, it would be prime advertising space and keep any noise inside the pontoon (plus keep people dry!)

Am I right in thinking that there used to be advertising on the roof of the main (and possibly osmond?)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 276
Madeleymariner
November 13, 2022, 12:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 276
Madeleymariner
November 13, 2022, 12:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
I also remember Glanville Tours or something like that on the mainstand roof as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 276
ginnywings
November 13, 2022, 12:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pen penfras

Maybe I just feel like the way that a lot of people, who have given a lot to this club over the years, have been treated is unacceptable. Especially when we hear so much publicity about the respect and values the club is supposed to hold. If we'd brought in people who were doing a great job, then it'd be somewhat justified, but most of the staff over the years did a fantastic job regardless of what you think of the owner.

You keep saying this and yet we never finished above mid table league 2 in all the years JF was at the helm. We were relegated numerous times, twice to non league (effectively three times but for points deductions) and when JF finally left (with every penny he had "invested" in the club and more) he had taken us from the Championship and left us in non league with the worst squad of players I have ever seen.

Brilliant job, well done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 276
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 13, 2022, 12:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from ginnywings

You keep saying this and yet we never finished above mid table league 2 in all the years JF was at the helm. We were relegated numerous times, twice to non league (effectively three times but for points deductions) and when JF finally left (with every penny he had "invested" in the club and more) he had taken us from the Championship and left us in non league with the worst squad of players I have ever seen.

Attachment: 1aec8347f46b43e680994c28f270310d_2505.jpeg
Size: 11.85 KB

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 276
chaos33
November 13, 2022, 3:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from ginnywings

Bang on mate.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 276
Yoda
November 13, 2022, 4:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
There are 3 of us that have not been this season we want to sit together and like the lower smiths stand but it’s all sold out now so we don’t bother going.
We watch Clee Town more there must be loads of fans like us the main stand is overpriced and rubbish view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 276
28 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.