Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,813 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
EY Mariner
January 23, 2022, 7:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I can’t see how accepting non league football is in any way palatable.

Is our idea of progress to improve off the pitch or on the pitch because, at the minute, it looks like the football is playing second fiddle.

I don't see how anything I have said is, in any way, arguing in the way you suggest. I am simply trying to see the picture in the round and in a reasonable way. I am increasingly starting to wonder why I have spent so much time here today bothering to do so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 351
EY Mariner
January 23, 2022, 7:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Phil the cod

Your misunderstanding my comments, I'm angry how our once proud and great club,whom every other football clubs supporters had heard of btw has been reduced to being out competed by part time village teams we have down here.
If you think it is acceptable what we witnessed on Saturday,and the last 10 defeats then crack on son, you'll be happy clapping your way to Grantham town for your next massive derby game before we are back where we rightfully belong in the football league.
The manager and half the players aren't up to it,so therefore the people who are in charge at the club need to sort it asap, or we'll be heamoriging fans like there's no tomorrow I can guarantee you that

You can't guarantee that no more than I can guarantee a cure for flaming cancer. If you're angry about the state of this club, you should direct that anger to the people who were in charge for the past two decades, not those who have only had eight months to begin the process of sorting it all out! And spare me the happy clapping claptrap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 351
arryarryarry
January 23, 2022, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Vance Warner

None of whom took the personal abuse that some on here think is ok to aim at Hurst. The point is he wants what’s best for this club and whilst he might deserve the sack somewhere down the line he doesn’t deserve the vile comments

You obviously haven't been a fan for very long, or you never came on here, but I and others were very vocal about firstly giving Neil Woods the job even before he was made permanent manager and then into his leadership when we couldn't buy a win.

Just a shame that idiot Fenty never listened otherwise that past 12 years nightmare may not have happened.
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 351
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2022, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,249
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from EY Mariner

I don't see how anything I have said is, in any way, arguing in the way you suggest. I am simply trying to see the picture in the round and in a reasonable way. I am increasingly starting to wonder why I have spent so much time here today bothering to do so.

Everyone keeps talking about progress, the ‘process’, sustainability and the long term project. Most fans go to Blundell Park to watch the team win. Positive results make it a great place to be, as it was in the first two months of the season.

However, it’s becoming a morgue again. Results put bums on seats. Nothing less. We can’t keep on capitulating like we did yesterday as we can’t keep falling down the league expecting the same fan numbers to rock up every week.

Most clubs would sack their manager based on our current form and it’s time he felt the heat. Results are more important than whether he fits our core values.
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 351
ginnywings
January 23, 2022, 7:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from EY Mariner

Forget it mate. If you don't join the lynch mob with your newly sharpened pitchfork to the fore, you are a happy clapper, an apologist and you accept mediocrity, therefore It's your fault.

Some can't seem to grasp that all fans feel the pain of defeats and are not happy with what is going on, even if they think the solution isn't to sack the manager.

Hurst in or Hurst out, the one thing that unites us all, is the misery of a bad run on the pitch.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 351
arryarryarry
January 23, 2022, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from male private Nale

I am not for one minute thinking you are the decision maker in this process I just thought as a town fan you might offer an opinion on who you would like to see as our replacement for hurst.

It’s fine you want to sit on fence and say advertise it and let the board decide .... nice insight and then 6 months down the line when it fails you can scream I didn’t want him either.

Look sunshine, I can't be bothered  to go through every non league team to see how succesful the managers are or to go through the list of out of work managers.

That's the job of the directors.
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 351
Rodley Mariner
January 23, 2022, 7:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Everyone keeps talking about progress, the ‘process’, sustainability and the long term project. Most fans go to Blundell Park to watch the team win. Positive results make it a great place to be, as it was in the first two months of the season.

I think the idea is that progressing with a sustainable plan helps you win more games rather than it being an alternative. We've had no progress, no plan and been unsustainable for 20 years and we lost games then too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 351
EY Mariner
January 23, 2022, 7:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Forget it mate. If you don't join the lynch mob with your newly sharpened pitchfork to the fore, you are a happy clapper, an apologist and you accept mediocrity, therefore It's your fault.

Some can't seem to grasp that all fans feel the pain of defeats and are not happy with what is going on, even if they think the solution isn't to sack the manager.

Hurst in or Hurst out, the one thing that unites us all, is the misery of a bad run on the pitch.

As someone who has patience, I clearly have no place on this forum and will therefore act accordingly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 351
January 23, 2022, 8:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from Hagrid

Social Media, feeling walking out the ground yesterday, The Fishy

Means nothing mate, still doesn't get within a million miles of a majority[/]

Reply: 228 - 351
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2022, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,249
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I think the idea is that progressing with a sustainable plan helps you win more games rather than it being an alternative. We've had no progress, no plan and been unsustainable for 20 years and we lost games then too.

I’m not convinced that losing 10 out of 13 games is progress though.
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.