Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 28 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,805 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
tashee69
January 26, 2022, 11:58am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +955
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimExile
I guess it’s all very well sacking a manager when we are playing so badly but we’re not Man City. Who, who are any better than Hurst, are we likely to get? We all know the answer and that is no one.

If there is no one out there that can do a better job than Paul Hurst, at the moment, that would be willing to manage us, then there is a HUGE failing in the quality of managers.
I was for Paul, until Saturday, but it’s too much now. He has to go. The form in the last third (approx) of the season is absolutely disgraceful.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 351
Swansea_Mariner
January 26, 2022, 12:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
The whole 'completing' argument is a bit nonsensical in an all or nothing results business. What I mean by that is what use is it if we are competitive in every game of the season if we don't take enough points to achieve our objectives. Taking this point to an extreme a team over a whole season could be competitive yet get relegated.

We've just gone though a third of a season length sequence and have mustered enough points to finish bottom of the league by some margin, yet we're competitive? That's beyond the point.

For what it's worth I've moved back slightly into give him a few more games because we do potentially have an easier sequence of games coming, and I think longer term he might get it right, but unless we get a sequence of  wins on  board- he's toast because long term possibilities or not this is unacceptable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 351
lew chaterleys lover
January 26, 2022, 1:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
The whole 'completing' argument is a bit nonsensical in an all or nothing results business. What I mean by that is what use is it if we are competitive in every game of the season if we don't take enough points to achieve our objectives. Taking this point to an extreme a team over a whole season could be competitive yet get relegated.

We've just gone though a third of a season length sequence and have mustered enough points to finish bottom of the league by some margin, yet we're competitive? That's beyond the point.

For what it's worth I've moved back slightly into give him a few more games because we do potentially have an easier sequence of games coming, and I think longer term he might get it right, but unless we get a sequence of  wins on  board- he's toast because long term possibilities or not this is unacceptable.

Someone said on Twitter if we had scored that sitter last night, and had scored more first-half goals on Saturday things would look a whole lot rosier!

Indeed they would, but being a nearly team is not good enough.

I think you are right - give him a few more games to see if we can get wins on the board and some confidence back or the owners are going to have to accept the unpalatable but obvious truth they have backed the wrong man. It would be a shame, but alarm bells should have rung last season when he brought a whole new team in but we finished bottom, and then discarded most of them to get another new team which he is now dismantling to get another new team in whilst his win ratio gets worse and worse.

Mind you, having just read that back, why wait?!
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 351
horsforthmariner
January 26, 2022, 1:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,619
Gold Stars: 9
Im doubtful Hurst will get the sack. I think the owners probably will give him until October.

The annoying thing is it's not like we were under Slade or Hollowhead, where we getting slaughtered week in week out. We've generally been in games and in many cases should have won them. But I feel we're quite soft, we dont do the shithousery that every other side do. We make too many absolute howlers that lead to goals and time and time again we miss guilt-edge chances. The simple fact is that we need to pay top dollar for a decent goalscorer. We won't do that because of "the parasite" preventing us having the funds. This is why we will end up finishing 14th rather than 4th.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 26, 2022, 2:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,957
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from chaos33

Yeah, I mean that last sentence is just nonsense. We’ve been more than competitive with everyone and better than a lot. Our losses are invariably by one goal. Let’s keep it real.

Do you get more points for a 1-0 defeat than a 3 or 4 goal defeat then?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 324 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 26, 2022, 2:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,957
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Im doubtful Hurst will get the sack. I think the owners probably will give him until October.

The annoying thing is it's not like we were under Slade or Hollowhead, where we getting slaughtered week in week out. We've generally been in games and in many cases should have won them. But I feel we're quite soft, we dont do the shithousery that every other side do. We make too many absolute howlers that lead to goals and time and time again we miss guilt-edge chances. The simple fact is that we need to pay top dollar for a decent goalscorer. We won't do that because of "the parasite" preventing us having the funds. This is why we will end up finishing 14th rather than 4th.

Holloway’s final 14 matches (all comps)..,
W 3 D 2 L 9 GD -18

Slade II’s final 14 matches (all comps)…
W 2 D 4 L 8 GD -14

Hurst II’s last 14 matches (all comps)…
W 2 D 1 L 11 GD -12

Well, at least (like you said) the goal difference isn’t quite as embarrassing.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 325 - 351
horsforthmariner
January 26, 2022, 3:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Holloway’s final 14 matches (all comps)..,
W 3 D 2 L 9 GD -18

Slade II’s final 14 matches (all comps)…
W 2 D 4 L 8 GD -14

Hurst II’s last 14 matches (all comps)…
W 2 D 1 L 11 GD -12

Well, at least (like you said) the goal difference isn’t quite as embarrassing.

Yeah but honestly, do you remember the Tranmere game last season? As irritating and depressing as the recent matches they aren't a patch on the garbage we put up under those two. I know its a results business but there is a difference.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 351
jamesgtfc
January 26, 2022, 3:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from horsforthmariner

Yeah but honestly, do you remember the Tranmere game last season? As irritating and depressing as the recent matches they aren't a patch on the garbage we put up under those two. I know its a results business but there is a difference.

The one where Runaway blamed Graham Rodger for telling him the wrong information but Paul Bolland on co-commentary knew before a ball was kicked exactly how Tranmere were going to set up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 351
horsforthmariner
January 26, 2022, 3:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The one where Runaway blamed Graham Rodger for telling him the wrong information but Paul Bolland on co-commentary knew before a ball was kicked exactly how Tranmere were going to set up?

That sounds familiar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 351
chaos33
January 26, 2022, 3:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Do you get more points for a 1-0 defeat than a 3 or 4 goal defeat then?

I’m tempted to ignore this obtuse remark, but in the interests of helping you understand the point…

No. Of course you don’t. But we’re not talking about that. His original point was ‘if we have a competitive budget, how come we aren’t competitive’, (and then went on to say ‘competing is the same as winning’),which, even if we all agree that current/recent results are disappointing and unacceptable, is palpably just nonsense, given that we’ve not been truly turned over in a league game by anyone, and nearly all defeats have been by 1 goal, and usually including missed chances or controversial decisions.

Critical analysis is a welcome feature of this forum. Peddling alarmist, overdramatic falsehoods doesn’t contribute anything helpful or instructive.

Hope this helps.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.