Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Tory Vermin

This thread currently has 56,562 views. Print
96 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
January 12, 2021, 10:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,657
Gold Stars: 847
Thought this deserved a thread of its own.

The govt are paying their friends with our money to provide free school meals. The private firm providing them charge us £30 a box and provide the following -

Tweet 1348900633714286594 will appear here...

Tweet 1348736192729251854 will appear here...

Tweet 1348646428084760576 will appear here...

So the taxpayer is being charged to pay someone to drain water from tins of tuna, then dole it out in money bags (!), while the private firm pockets about £25 a meal.

Any Tory voter want to justify this, or are you too busy licking Boris’ boots?
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
January 12, 2021, 12:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
I don't think any government either red or blue, should have got involved in providing free school meals out of term time.

It was obvious somebody would have to get the "meals" ready which then opens a whole new set of problems about the quality and quantity, quality control and all the rest.

Like a lot of older people, I have experienced first-hand extreme poverty, far worse than anything today (except in very exceptional cases)  but every family made sure their children were fed, no matter what the hardship. Surely it is not unreasonable to feed your own children when they are not in school?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 957
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 12, 2021, 1:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
It’s just Marcus (I’m an MBE) Rashford making a song and dance out of a minority of cases. Look up how the meals business is sorted out. It is the school that chooses whether to take meals or vouchers in any case not the government.

Why you think it has to do with party politics I have absolutely no idea.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 957
Gaffer58
January 12, 2021, 2:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
At my daughters school (she’s a teacher) a fair few of the parents wanted the voucher and not the food from the school, it was thought they could be exchanged for something stronger.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 957
codcheeky
January 12, 2021, 3:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Whether you believe in helping hungry kids or not you must agree anyone claiming that is a £30 bundle of food and charrging tax payers for it should be charged with deception.
Surely the Government could have struck a deal with a supermarket chain for this with the help of a nutritionist rather than just pouring more money into a donors company
That there is still a recognised need for free meals to help children is a sad indictment of how unequal this country still is, hungry kids don’t ever choose to be hungry, politicians who could do something about it choose to keep them hungry
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 957
ginnywings
January 12, 2021, 4:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from codcheeky
Whether you believe in helping hungry kids or not you must agree anyone claiming that is a £30 bundle of food and charrging tax payers for it should be charged with deception.
Surely the Government could have struck a deal with a supermarket chain for this with the help of a nutritionist rather than just pouring more money into a donors company
That there is still a recognised need for free meals to help children is a sad indictment of unequal this country still is, hungry kids don’t ever choose to be hungry, politicians who could do something about it choose to keep them hungry

This is the nub of it for me. It's disgusting that although we live in one of the richest nations on earth, kids are going hungry. If you think that is not political, then I don't know what is.

Wealth distribution is the key, but like America, we have a society where it's every man for himself, and the strong get there at the expense of the weak.

We could have a much fairer society, like a lot of countries in Western Europe, but no, let tall trees prosper seems to be our mantra.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 957
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 12, 2021, 4:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from codcheeky
That there is still a recognised need for free meals to help children is a sad indictment of unequal this country still is, hungry kids don’t ever choose to be hungry, politicians who could do something about it choose to keep them hungry

Oh come on. Politicians are not responsible here. The company has done a decent job over thousands of FREE meals with few complaints. If some supermarket was involved I will bet this weeks pension that there would be some clever sod on Twitter showing that Tesco or whoever was using the scheme to get rid of sell by dated food. In fact there are probably less complaints than A school gets about dinners. Even then there is the small matter of the choice between vouchers and meals being in the hands of a school.

This is just the usual case of somebody finding a small issue they want to conflate into a huge Boris Bashing problem and ALL the fault of the government. If Starmer was in charge would the situation be different? Twitter would probably ban any criticism of him.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 957
Chrisblor
January 12, 2021, 7:20pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,800
Gold Stars: 234

Oh come on. Politicians are not responsible here. The company has done a decent job over thousands of FREE meals with few complaints. If some supermarket was involved I will bet this weeks pension that there would be some clever sod on Twitter showing that Tesco or whoever was using the scheme to get rid of sell by dated food. In fact there are probably less complaints than A school gets about dinners. Even then there is the small matter of the choice between vouchers and meals being in the hands of a school.

This is just the usual case of somebody finding a small issue they want to conflate into a huge Boris Bashing problem and ALL the fault of the government. If Starmer was in charge would the situation be different? Twitter would probably ban any criticism of him.

This is one of the most mindbending things i've ever read. Yes you're absolutely right, the political party responsible for contracting out the provision of free school meal deliveries to a company that was until recently run by a donor to that particular political party are definitely not to blame for this fiasco. flipping hell, the state of some of the bootlickers on this message board blows my mind

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 957
lew chaterleys lover
January 12, 2021, 7:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Chrisblor

This is one of the most mindbending things i've ever read. Yes you're absolutely right, the political party responsible for contracting out the provision of free school meal deliveries to a company that was until recently run by a donor to that particular political party are definitely not to blame for this fiasco. flipping hell, the state of some of the bootlickers on this message board blows my mind

This is the first case I have heard of. RRFC is correct to say there have been thousands of free school meals delivered without problems.

Of course the private sector are going to be the ones organising and delivering the meals; what is wrong with that, I thought the aim was to get free school dinners to kids who need them?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 957
ginnywings
January 12, 2021, 8:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Politicians that have been in power for over a decade are not responsible for childhood poverty.

I could easier believe that JF isnt responsible for the demise of GTFC.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 957
96 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.