Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Tory Vermin

This thread currently has 56,359 views. Print
96 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
September 18, 2021, 11:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from aldi_01

If I was a local Tory voter I’d be embarrassed to say I voted for either Vickers of Nici. Both are useless and invisible. Nici was embarrassing herself on the politics programme on Sunday morning talking absolute drivel and Vickers is a walking contradiction.

Saw that and what a ridiculous performance.
But hey both will turn out for the opening of an envelope to get their picture in the local "paper"
Vickers lifetime work is 'enabling' the building of a  £3million bridge which was never required.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 957
Nelly GTFC
September 19, 2021, 11:45pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from promotion plaice

Labour are a shambles, can't see them getting in again in my lifetime and I voted for Blair.

Also the majority voted to leave, get over it FFS.
I saw some statistics, that show more working people in all age groups voted for labour in the last election, and it was only a considerable higher % of retired people that voted Conservative.

Link >> https://www.newstatesman.com/p.....-income-workers-2019

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 957
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 25, 2021, 8:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
How many more times are members of this current Cabinet going to escape punishment for briefing the press and Lord Knowswhoelseovsky in advance of a Budget or major announcement?

Slimy Sunak is the latest to weasel his way through a week’s worth of free self-advertising and self-promotion. All embossed with the Sunak family Instagram watermark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 957
DB
October 25, 2021, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
How many more times are members of this current Cabinet going to escape punishment for briefing the press and Lord Knowswhoelseovsky in advance of a Budget or major announcement?

Slimy Sunak is the latest to weasel his way through a week’s worth of free self-advertising and self-promotion. All embossed with the Sunak family Instagram watermark.

You seem to confirm my suspicion that in this day and age all governments have more holes than a colander. It reminds me of the song from the Italian Job, 'The Self Preservation Society'.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 957
DB
October 25, 2021, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

You seem to confirm my suspicion that in this day and age all governments have more holes than a colander. It reminds me of the song from the Italian Job, 'The Self Preservation Society'.

Sorry I didn't include it in the above.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 957
Maringer
November 3, 2021, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from DB

Well, this bunch are so corrupt that they aren't even trying to hide it any longer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59154221

Carrying out egregious lobbying which is completely against the rules and regulations of Parliament and earns you multiples of your salary as an MP? If you're a Tory there is now no need to fear any punishment  This lot have just voted to ignore the findings of the independent commissioner and the committee overseeing standards and instead are creating a new committee dominated by Tory MPs which will, well, what exactly will they do? Are they suddenly going to decide that said Tory was actually lobbying (as evinced by the e-mails referenced in the investigation)? Are they intercourse. They are going to fix the system so that they can do whatever the intercourse they want and milk even more money.

Absolute blatant, shameless corruption is the only description for this.

As for our local Tory MPs, no surprise that Nici has voted for it because she's obviously in it for herself (does she even spend any time in Grimsby?) so will do whatever she is told. I was told that Vickers was a decent enough bloke but it seems to me he is just a gutless yes man. Neither of these two care about corruption. Would be interesting to see who they are going to be getting backhanders from in due course once the 'new committee' has decided what is and isn't allowed. My guess is that pretty much anything will go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 957
ginnywings
November 3, 2021, 5:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Aye, just read about this and the worrying thing is that I'm not in the least bit surprised. Jacob Rees Mogg defended the move by saying it would "ensure natural justice". Only it won't.

It's like the 90's all over again with the Tory sleaze scandal.

How anyone in good conscience can vote for these overrated, over promoted, old Etonian wanksplats, I have no idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 957
Town Monkey
November 3, 2021, 6:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
Corruption Tsar and my local MP John Penrose (husband of Dido Harding) voted in favour. That’s right folks, our Corruption Tsar voted to support an MP accused of corruption. FFS when will it end?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 957
DB
November 3, 2021, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Aye, just read about this and the worrying thing is that I'm not in the least bit surprised. Jacob Rees Mogg defended the move by saying it would "ensure natural justice". Only it won't.

It's like the 90's all over again with the Tory sleaze scandal.

How anyone in good conscience can vote for these overrated, over promoted, old Etonian wanksplats, I have no idea.

As I keep pointing out all we have in all parties is career politicians. Until we have some quality unselfish people coming forward nothing will change.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 957
ska face
November 3, 2021, 8:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from DB

As I keep pointing out all we have in all parties is career politicians. Until we have some quality unselfish people coming forward nothing will change.

Please, I’m begging you, stop with this tedious both-sidesism which you shoehorn into every political thread on here.

The opportunity was there in 2019 to vote for the absolute antithesis of the current political culture, and the state, the media, the establishment and even actors within the Labour Party (including the current leader) did all they could to prevent it.
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 957
96 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.