Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

Tory Vermin

This thread currently has 55,678 views. Print
96 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Chrisblor
January 15, 2021, 2:21pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,756
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Humbercod

Absolutely correct. Sometimes I almost wish that someone like Corbyn would get in with a massive majority, just so the left could experience this free for all utopia.

Taken from a Twitter post -

“ Things I don’t have - expensive games console, cigarettes, designer clothes, latest music cds etc.

Things I do have - kids with food on their plates, clothes on their backs and respect for others.

Priorities and morals go a long way”.

Just a hunch but if we could include subjects based on priorities and morals in the school curriculum then maybe society would be in a different place.

Yeah it'd be flipping great (providing he didn't get couped 5 minutes after walking into downing street) cos selfish Tory enabling arseholes would finally realise there is actually a viable and far more equitable way of running the country that isn't based around letting kids go hungry to satisfy a bunch of "I'm alright Jack" tossers who are apparently more concerned about people calling them rude names on the internet than malnourished children.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 957
Sandford1981
January 15, 2021, 2:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
The rights and wrongs of this could be debated indefinitely.

My take (for what it’s worth) is this -

Parents have a choice and children do not. If there are children going hungry they absolutely need to be fed and if that means our government stepping in, then so be it.

All the rest of it, is just noise to me, of course in an ideal world parents should be able to support their children and themselves but we do not live in a perfect world. The demonisation of all benefit claimants because of the few that abuse the system is illogical.

I have previously worked for the jobcentre, DWP and in the welfare to work sector for many years in various roles and in my personal experience the picture painted in the media is very different to the harsh reality many people face. Of course sensationalist headlines sell papers and get clicks I get that.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 957
ska face
January 15, 2021, 2:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,521
Gold Stars: 831
Just to clarify for those complaining about being labelled “vermin” - I would like to apologise, this is not entirely accurate.

Anyone defending children being starved so some scumbag can make a profit from the taxpayers is, in fact, lower than vermin.

If you don’t like the label, get better opinions.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 957
Rick12
January 15, 2021, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ska face

Anyone defending children being starved so some scumbag can make a profit from the taxpayers is, in fact, lower than vermin.
Too often though Ska Face and Ive worked in youth offending services its the children that suffer. Certain parents have offspring and dont look after them getting drunk/high on drugs. Social welfare takes over eg fostered/adoption if their lucky and this often creates a mindset where children are traumatised for their rest of their lives. Those in care for instance have a higher chance of going to prison/fail in school and the emotional pain that comes with knowing parents that haven't looked after them. My best friend was one such case.

Your right in the sense that government shouldn't fail these children but by the same token parents who have brought these children into this world should be held more accountable as well. Some pay nothing in child welfare claiming they cant work on the grounds of mental health problems and this is where things need to change. Community service or something of that ilk should be introduced as otherwise some will never learn. In other countries for instance if the dad dont look after the child wider family members come and beat that person up. Bit extreme I know but highlights the need that this country is a bit soft in some areas.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 957
Humbercod
January 15, 2021, 4:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
I’ve said it before good parents don’t let their kids go hungry. But if families do need a helping hand out there it’s those hard working families on low pay, working 40/50 hours a week for less than those on Benefits.

No able body person should ever be better off on benefits then those working.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 957
GollyGTFC
January 15, 2021, 4:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,979
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Humbercod
I’ve said it before good parents don’t let their kids go hungry. But if families do need a helping hand out there it’s those hard working families on low pay, working 40/50 hours a week for less than those on Benefits.

No able body person should ever be better off on benefits then those working.

They’re not. Don’t believe everything you read in the Daily Mail/Express.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 65 - 957
lew chaterleys lover
January 15, 2021, 5:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,644
Quoted from GollyGTFC

They’re not. Don’t believe everything you read in the Daily Mail/Express.

Or Guardian, of course.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 957
lew chaterleys lover
January 15, 2021, 5:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,644
This thread has gone from discussing the merits of a food parcel, and the contents thereof, to evil Tories STARVING kids.

No wonder the left is a laughing stock.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 957
aldi_01
January 15, 2021, 6:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
This thread has gone from discussing the merits of a food parcel, and the contents thereof, to evil Tories STARVING kids.

But nobody is laughing at the left, most people are puzzled and confused at how shambolic the current cabinet is. If people are still laughing at Labour rather than worrying about hundreds of millions being handed to the chums of tories, the social injustice in the uk, the embarrassing way we left Europe and screwed over everyone but themselves then they probably need to prioritise.

It’s also bewildering how little people really understand the welfare system.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 957
Rodley Mariner
January 15, 2021, 6:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,237
Gold Stars: 176

Whilst absolutely nobody is laughing at the Tories. Not the English fish, not the 100,000 dead, not the 2 million unemployed . Absolutely nobody.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 957
96 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.