Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Tory Vermin

This thread currently has 56,380 views. Print
96 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
January 13, 2021, 4:48pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
In a few days time no doubt it will be revealed that some of the photos were staged, and the most vocal are Labour party activists trying to provide maximum discomfort to the government.

No doubt some of the food parcels are not ideal; why not just issue food vouchers to families who really need help and allow parents some choice?

The reason the Government decided against food vouchers was that they bought into the rhetoric that the system would be abused and people would use them for items other than food. There may be some willing to chance it but they will be an insignificant minority. It's the same type of rhetoric that said back in the 80s that there was a significant problem with benefit tourism.  Note the difference between the way the government has treated this issue and the issue of fraudulent claims for furlough money and fraudulent use of the "Eat out to help out". The Tories have always used a sledgehammer to crack a nut where any form of benefit is involved because they have no understanding of the issues involved. I spent some years of my early working life giving out vouchers to (usually) homeless people. Each voucher had the mantra "No tobacco, alcohol or fancy goods" printed across them. It worked. If they are bothered about people selling them then put a proof of identity clause into the voucher system. I don't class myself as a clever shopper but a voucher for £15 would yield a great deal more in terms of actual food than any of the pitiful offerings photographed recently.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 957
Gaffer58
January 13, 2021, 8:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Although in theory the buck stops with Boris, he assumes that those many highly paid executives that are put in place to run this type of thing are capable, but once again our useless civil service administrators have shown how useless they are. I am absolutely flabbergasted at how everyone you deal with in administration, whatever the subject matter is,are just tick boxers with no real expertise,unless it’s going to meetings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 957
barralad
January 13, 2021, 8:31pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Gaffer58
Although in theory the buck stops with Boris, he assumes that those many highly paid executives that are put in place to run this type of thing are capable, but once again our useless civil service administrators have shown how useless they are. I am absolutely flabbergasted at how everyone you deal with in administration, whatever the subject matter is,are just tick boxers with no real expertise,unless it’s going to meetings.

The levels of staff employed by government departments is controlled by the Government of the day. Over ten years of cuts have cut those staffing numbers beyond the bone. My former colleagues cleared a backlog of Universal Credit cases caused by an influx of nine times the normal number of claims at the start of the pandemic in six weeks. The public sector does a decent job in spite of their employers.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 957
lew chaterleys lover
January 13, 2021, 8:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
This was of course on the BBC News at 6 tonight.

They showed the example of a mother with 2 kids. Beautiful home, beautifully decorated sitting room, beautiful kitchen in which to prepare good wholesome food. The mother was shown happily working in the kitchen so was able to prepare food herself.

All the trappings of 21st century living on show, big telly, kitchen full of appliances. Lovely.

I am not sure why she needs a free box of food basics though. She was well-fed, she has to cook for herself so why does she need a box of such limited basics as outlined in the government's information, to feed the children?

I thought the scheme was for the most disadvantaged children who were really struggling? The family obviously qualifies under the rules, but why? There are numerous welfare benefits for families to claim, so why would this particular family have free food parcels when the children are at home?

Surely able parents should feed their children when they are at home leaving more for those who really need help.  

Not too long ago parents would have recoiled at having to accept free food to feed their own kids out of school time, but now some seem to wear it as a badge of honour.

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 957
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2021, 8:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Gaffer58

Believe me, if they were box tickers the contract would have been prepared properly and awarded properly. This smacks of someone cutting corners in the process. Much like Town’s recent problems with fines.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 957
ginnywings
January 13, 2021, 9:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548

They showed the example of a mother with 2 kids. Beautiful home, beautifully decorated sitting room, beautiful kitchen in which to prepare good wholesome food. The mother was shown happily working in the kitchen so was able to prepare food herself.

All the trappings of 21st century living on show, big telly, kitchen full of appliances. Lovely.

I am not sure why she needs a free box of food basics though. She was well-fed, she has to cook for herself so why does she need a box of such limited basics as outlined in the government's information, to feed the children?

I thought the scheme was for the most disadvantaged children who were really struggling? The family obviously qualifies under the rules, but why? There are numerous welfare benefits for families to claim, so why would this particular family have free food parcels when the children are at home?

Surely able parents should feed their children when they are at home leaving more for those who really need help.  

Not too long ago parents would have recoiled at having to accept free food to feed their own kids out of school time, but now some seem to wear it as a badge of honour.

What did you expect?

Perhaps she should be in her back scullery, doing the washing in her dolly tub, while children afflicted with rickets sit eating bread and dripping.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 957
ska face
January 13, 2021, 9:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840

It wasn’t two pages back you were bragging about knowing “ extreme poverty, far worse than anything today”, now you’re trying to shame people for the crime of being in the same position? Clown.

You know frig all about this woman’s circumstances - she may be one of 370,000 made redundant in the last year - but she must be eligible for one of the following:

Income Support
Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
The guarantee element of Pension Credit
Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get) at the time of your application.

Some countries see feeding their children as an investment in the future of the country, as well as a display of basic morals. Shame there’s so many spiteful, bitter old fukcs like yourself who are holding the country back. Stick to the 4 Yorkshiremen routine, Obadiah.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 957
barralad
January 13, 2021, 9:57pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ginnywings

What did you expect?

Perhaps she should be in her back scullery, doing the washing in her dolly tub, while children afflicted with rickets sit eating bread and dripping.

It's not a laughing matter but I've just spat coffee all over my laptop at that response..

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 957
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2021, 11:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Some people had it tough years ago so think others must suffer and mustn’t have it better than them. Some who had it tough are glad that there’s provision for others nowadays. It’s just a matter of choice how you want to look at life.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 957
Maringer
January 13, 2021, 11:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Personally, I'm surprised she hasn't just set up shop selling herself to pay for her children's food. Now that would be the sort of entrepreneurship a Tory would appreciate. Also, probably a storyline from Call The Midwife, but there you go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 957
96 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.