Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Tory Vermin

This thread currently has 56,627 views. Print
96 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
January 21, 2021, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GollyGTFC

They’re not. Don’t believe everything anything you read in the Daily Mail/Express.

Just edited that for you Golly

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 90 - 957
lew chaterleys lover
January 21, 2021, 8:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,711
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Or any paper with a political affiliation of course. Or the laughably named Independent.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 957
codcheeky
January 21, 2021, 8:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Stadium

Have you evidence of that??
Its seems that advice was furnished & ignored in general.
Another poster slated the scientific input but has this this been proved to be ineffective if taken on time ??

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2014/rr-2
https://www.independent.co.uk/.....burley-a9522266.html

I can see your links but I would say having the worst death rate and biggest hit to the economy shows how badly they have fared. I think the vast majority have followed advice as much as possible , the fact is we initially followed Patrick Vallance’s he’d immunity theory instead of trying to keep the virus out, every country that has concentrated on keeping the virus at the border has fared much better. It is up to those to make themselves heard if they believe the politicians are twisting their advice and threaten to resign. Their reputation must take a hit when the advice results in so many deaths
There is often a fear of calling out medical “experts” Shipman carried on for years without question, on every measure we are near the bottom of the league, those dishing out advice and those policing things have failed
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 957
Maringer
January 21, 2021, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185

Or any paper with a political affiliation of course. Or the laughably named Independent.

Well, it's owned by a Russian Oligarch and a puppet of the Saudi Regime and tends to back the LibDems during elections (as has the Graun much of the time), despite the otherwise left-leaning coverage. If you remember back to the 2015 election, the newspaper had been critical of the coalition and supportive of the Labour Party policies but then, out of the blue, published a very Russian-sounding editorial on the eve of the Election hoping for another coalition government. Fancy that! So, not particularly independent, but no more so than the likes of The Telegraph, Mail, Express, Sun etc. Basically all the ones with hyper-rich owners who are quite happy with the way things have gone over the last decade, thanks very much. They've all got massively richer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 957
DB
January 21, 2021, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Maringer

Well, it's owned by a Russian Oligarch and a puppet of the Saudi Regime and tends to back the LibDems during elections (as has the Graun much of the time), despite the otherwise left-leaning coverage. If you remember back to the 2015 election, the newspaper had been critical of the coalition and supportive of the Labour Party policies but then, out of the blue, published a very Russian-sounding editorial on the eve of the Election hoping for another coalition government. Fancy that! So, not particularly independent, but no more so than the likes of The Telegraph, Mail, Express, Sun etc. Basically all the ones with hyper-rich owners who are quite happy with the way things have gone over the last decade, thanks very much. They've all got massively richer.

Most 'papers' today aren't newspapers at all. They are printed editions of the owners views, be it left, right or hey were in the middle. Major articles/ stories if you look at them closely refer to might/ should/ could/ may or refer to a quote from an invited question. While some of the minor articles often are true they have some biased towards something or other.

Unfortunately the days of unbiased facts have been replaced by drivel and inaccuracies. A small point of proof:- Grimsby Live headlined rubbish tipped in Humberston Road. Nothing wrong in that apart it was in South Sea Lane, off Tetney Rd. and Humberston Road is in Cleethorpes. A RT in a Cleethorpes STREET turned out to be Sandringham ROAD.

Small points you may think but if they cannot get a headline right, is the contents of the article going to be right. Incidentally I am now of the firm opinion (yep opinion) that our once quality Grimsby Telegraph Newspaper should be renamed with the old title of Grimsby Gazette. All it and it's web pages just a base for adverts.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 957
Maringer
January 21, 2021, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Isn't the GET mostly phoned in from somewhere inland these days? I've only ever glanced through it when I've visited my parents' house, but it mostly seems to be sob stories about personal distress and shaming of people who have gone through the courts. Nothing much worth reading. Same goes for the sports pages in recent years as there's been nothing worth hearing about!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 957
DB
January 21, 2021, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Maringer
Isn't the GET mostly phoned in from somewhere inland these days? I've only ever glanced through it when I've visited my parents' house, but it mostly seems to be sob stories about personal distress and shaming of people who have gone through the courts. Nothing much worth reading. Same goes for the sports pages in recent years as there's been nothing worth hearing about!

Part of the Reach group. Reporters from Huddersfield, Scunny, Lincoln you name it they come from there. Several 'local' news stories about Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, Spilsby. Basically anything to put on a page so it can be filled with ads. The website is even worse, the ads load up first. As I said a quality paper destroyed, O they don't even do an editoral any more.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 957
GollyGTFC
January 25, 2021, 10:28am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,964
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

To be fair, you can trust the football results can't you?

Here's something I spotted on Twitter that shows the truth about life being unemployed in this country...

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 97 - 957
GollyGTFC
March 1, 2021, 12:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,964
Gold Stars: 356
Here's something interesting...

Suddenly a lot of people have been exposed to the inadequacy of the welfare state in the UK and public opinion is shifting.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 98 - 957
KingstonMariner
March 5, 2021, 5:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Hopefully it’s made a lot of people realise how fragile things really are.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 957
96 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.