Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Tory Vermin

This thread currently has 54,285 views. Print
96 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
January 16, 2021, 8:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,492
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from barralad

If only the Tories had shown the same enthusiasm for clamping down on tax fraud. Perhaps you could answer a question. Why do the right wing press as epitomised by The Mail the Sun and of course The Express launch campaign after campaign about so called benefit fraud yet are silent on the far bigger issue of tax fraud and avoidance?

I don’t know as I don’t read newspapers, but I take your point.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 957
ska face
January 16, 2021, 9:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
9 pages in and not one Tory dare criticise the big boys for charging them £30 for £5 of food. It’s not difficult.

Someone said the left’s a laughing stock? Who so you think the billionaires are laughing at every time they get handed one of these corrupt contracts? The people trying to stop them, or the silly fucckers voting FOR it?
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 957
DB
January 16, 2021, 10:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
I seem to remember that a tory MP, either Major or Maggie was in charge, extolled the benefits of living on the dole and how easy it was to manage.

A tv programme, possibly World in Action or similar, challenged him. As far as I can recall he ran out of money roundabout day 5. Grovelled some sort of apology and was never heard of again.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 957
ska face
January 17, 2021, 5:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from DB
I seem to remember that a tory MP, either Major or Maggie was in charge, extolled the benefits of living on the dole and how easy it was to manage.

A tv programme, possibly World in Action or similar, challenged him. As far as I can recall he ran out of money roundabout day 5. Grovelled some sort of apology and was never heard of again.

Private Message
Reply: 83 - 957
barralad
January 17, 2021, 8:44am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from ska face

The most telling point for me in there was that he believed that Westminster couldnt forget about the North-.not because of the humanity aspect but because it was a terrible drain on national resources. That 10 seconds summed up Tory thinking on the North going back to the days of Neville Chamberlain who made a conscious effort to channel resources into the new towns in the home counties whilst people in Manchester were still living in houses where a block shared one outside toilet.
The fact Keegan is playing for the Geordies dates the film in the early 80s. In 1983 the constituency of Newcastle Central elected a Tory M.P.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 957
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 21, 2021, 5:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 547
Interesting point on Twitter that, unlike her colleagues, Priti Patel (aka The Prittster) doesn’t dodge any questions. She just waffles on with a series of unconnected sentences until we all just forgot what the original question was.

Eg.

Q: Was it a mistake to ease restrictions over Christmas given how high the death toll is?

PP: Every death is a tragedy [riffing on Stalin]. But the Government has always acted on the basis of scientific advice. That has always been the case and remains the case.

I don’t remember the scientists advising to ease restrictions over Christmas? Must have missed that one Prittster!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 957
codcheeky
January 21, 2021, 6:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Interesting point on Twitter that, unlike her colleagues, Priti Patel (aka The Prittster) doesn’t dodge any questions. She just waffles on with a series of unconnected sentences until we all just forgot what the original question was.

Eg.

Q: Was it a mistake to ease restrictions over Christmas given how high the death toll is?

PP: Every death is a tragedy [riffing on Stalin]. But the Government has always acted on the basis of scientific advice. That has always been the case and remains the case.

I don’t remember the scientists advising to ease restrictions over Christmas? Must have missed that one Prittster!!

The scientist have been pretty poor and that’s being very kind, we have the worse death rates in the world, they have to take responsibility for this, they have failed and should be replaced with others with more of a clue. If they have advised the Government and this is the result they are not fit for the job .
I cannot understand why they are not called out on it at every briefing are they members of the Tory party?
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 957
Stadium
January 21, 2021, 6:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from codcheeky

The scientist have been pretty poor and that’s being very kind, we have the worse death rates in the world, they have to take responsibility for this, they have failed and should be replaced with others with more of a clue. If they have advised the Government and this is the result they are not fit for the job .
I cannot understand why they are not called out on it at every briefing are they members of the Tory party?

Have you evidence of that??
Its seems that advice was furnished & ignored in general.
Another poster slated the scientific input but has this this been proved to be ineffective if taken on time ??

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2014/rr-2
https://www.independent.co.uk/.....burley-a9522266.html

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 957
Gaffer58
January 21, 2021, 6:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
I don’t understand why anyone bothers with these nightly press conferences, all that seems to happen is the minister running it comes out, they give their pre written speech, where they get that’s day point/figures over then ask for questions, but no matter what the question they have about 3 pre prepared answers and they just keep repeating these over and over, even bloomin Pointless has more bite to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 957
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 21, 2021, 7:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 547
Quoted from Gaffer58
I don’t understand why anyone bothers with these nightly press conferences, all that seems to happen is the minister running it comes out, they give their pre written speech, where they get that’s day point/figures over then ask for questions, but no matter what the question they have about 3 pre prepared answers and they just keep repeating these over and over, even bloomin Pointless has more bite to it.

Welcome to politics!

Press ‘2’ or hold the line to feel disconnected
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 957
96 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.