Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Tory Vermin

This thread currently has 56,561 views. Print
96 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
DB
November 4, 2021, 5:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ska face

Please, I’m begging you, stop with this tedious both-sidesism which you shoehorn into every political thread on here.

The opportunity was there in 2019 to vote for the absolute antithesis of the current political culture, and the state, the media, the establishment and even actors within the Labour Party (including the current leader) did all they could to prevent it.

If the truth hurts you, please accept my apologies. I've voted for Maggie, Blair, and Ashdown and vote how I see the politics on election day given the past and bullsh!t they say they will do. It's called freedom like you have the same freedom with your views.

I like some of your views and not others but I don't cry you down for those I'm not happy with. I am fortunate that I can see both side of an argument and the politicians all want to take the 'Middle Ground', or say they do. When you have seen it all before and today's politicians are just a regurgitation of those from the past. In today's news, we have a repeat of tory sleaze with cash for questions story. The old labour leader Corbyn reminded me of a scruffy Michael Foot in an anorak at the cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday.

Nothing changes, just names and we're gonna do this and that.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 957
ska face
November 4, 2021, 7:48am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,657
Gold Stars: 847
The indescribable arrogance of a few elderly generations in this country has lead us down a path which is going to cause misery and suffering to their grandchildren and those to come. They will not be forgiven.  
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 957
Manchester Mariner
November 4, 2021, 12:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
The best bit of overlooked Tory sleaze of the last couple of years was when that MP was accused of a couple of counts of sexual assault, it went to court and his wife stood by him throughout. He gets found guilty, his wife complains about it being a witchhunt. He gets an appeal but is sent down for 2 years, on the day he is sentenced his wife announces that he leaving him. His wife then becomes the MP for the seat. A couple of months ago she was found to have breached the code of conduct for trying to influence senior judges in her husbands appeal, she gets a one day suspension from parliament.

Textbook tory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Elphicke

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 957
Maringer
November 4, 2021, 1:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,494
Gold Stars: 185
Looks like the government is doing another U-turn after realising they have overstepped the mark at bit this time. Paterson likely to be serving his suspension before too long as the Tory MPs will realise they shat the bed and vote for the original punishment to stand.

Still, you can guarantee they will maybe have learned their lesson this time so will continue chip, chip, chipping away at the regulations in place to try and keep them honest. It will be a more gradual drift into corruption than they originally intended, but we'll get there.

On another note, it looks as though Johnson has learned his lesson after the brouhaha earlier this year as to who was paying for his holidays. This time, we at least know that it was the fabulously wealthy Lord Goldsmith who Johnson gave a life peerage as well as a job as a minister:

https://www.theguardian.com/po.....ons-marbella-holiday

Seems odd that they reveal this now after refusing to say who originally funded the holiday. Almost as if Johnson is trying a, "I've got nothing to hide!" approach whilst the spotlight is on corruption...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 957
GollyGTFC
November 4, 2021, 3:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Maringer
Looks like the government is doing another U-turn after realising they have overstepped the mark at bit this time. Paterson likely to be serving his suspension before too long as the Tory MPs will realise they shat the bed and vote for the original punishment to stand.

Still, you can guarantee they will maybe have learned their lesson this time so will continue chip, chip, chipping away at the regulations in place to try and keep them honest. It will be a more gradual drift into corruption than they originally intended, but we'll get there.

On another note, it looks as though Johnson has learned his lesson after the brouhaha earlier this year as to who was paying for his holidays. This time, we at least know that it was the fabulously wealthy Lord Goldsmith who Johnson gave a life peerage as well as a job as a minister:

https://www.theguardian.com/po.....ons-marbella-holiday

Seems odd that they reveal this now after refusing to say who originally funded the holiday. Almost as if Johnson is trying a, "I've got nothing to hide!" approach whilst the spotlight is on corruption...

The Daily Mail’s front page today changed their mind. It wasn’t that they suddenly decided they got it wrong. The Daily Mail sent them a very direct message about who’s really in charge and the government caved in.

Of course yesterday was nothing to do with Owen Paterson. It’s about preparing for enquiry’s into COVID, Test & Trace, PPE Contracts, redecorating No. 10, free holidays etc… It was an attempt to downplay corruption in public office as an offence now & rig the system in the future knowing that Boris and his buddies will be under investigation & in the dock in the coming years.

I see OP has now stood down and said he’s going to continue his public service away from politics. I’m sure there are plenty of understaffed care homes near him who could offer him a job, but I think he might be surprised that the companies queuing up to pay him handsomely as a sitting MP won’t value his work at £1,000 an hour as a normal member of the public.

But apparently he’s the victim in all this.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 124 - 957
LH
November 4, 2021, 3:24pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,504
Gold Stars: 173
He tried to turn some of the blame onto the opposition benches in his resignation saying politics is a cruel world. They’re absolutely shameless.
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 957
Manchester Mariner
November 4, 2021, 3:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from LH
He tried to turn some of the blame onto the opposition benches in his resignation saying politics is a cruel world. They’re absolutely shameless.

No mention of politics being a corrupt world though eh?

I suppose he can go full time on his lobbying now what with all his mates on the benches he'll have the ear of.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 957
Maringer
November 4, 2021, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,494
Gold Stars: 185
I'd imagine he had a word in his ear and will end up in a nice highly-paid job somewhere, with a knighthood incoming in a few years time. Who knows, perhaps he'll become a lobbyist? It seems he's got plenty of experience in the role.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 957
DB
November 4, 2021, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ska face
The indescribable arrogance of a few elderly generations in this country has lead us down a path which is going to cause misery and suffering to their grandchildren and those to come. They will not be forgiven.  

You make a fair comment but forget that today's youth is tomorrow's elderly and will the same then be said about them?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 957
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 4, 2021, 5:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from DB

You make a fair comment but forget that today's youth is tomorrow's elderly and will the same then be said about them?

Karoshi will kill our generation before we become elderly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 957
96 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.