Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 31 Guests

Tory Vermin

This thread currently has 54,295 views. Print
96 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
January 14, 2021, 6:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s always interesting to see the old ‘well it was much tougher years ago, therefore they’ve no idea now’ type mantra.

Very odd indeed.

This scheme has been a joke and having been dealing with the free school meals situation my entire career, then at the start of the pandemic actually providing food/vouchers, believe me, there is nothing staged about those images.

This whole thing misses the point that people would rather argue and politicise the feeding of children over the ways some of these companies obtain their contracts. The double standards provided by such companies or, the sheer level of incompetence and fuckaboutery from the government.

At the start of the first lockdown, schools and education providers asked the question regarding free school meals and the like, took about a week for a response. This time around schools have essentially had to cobble something together whilst the government flounders once more.

If people want to argue whether or not we, as a nation want avoid feed children that’s a freedom of choice but in all seriousness if people do want to cry bottom because single mum Sharon has been given (5)30quidsworth of food instead of challenging the hundreds of millions handed out to chums and Tory benefactors for systems and trials that haven’t worked then crack on. I know which one I have a bigger issue with.

You just wait until the scandal regarding ‘free’ laptops emerges...

Once more, all this highlights is the sheer buffoonery from a government that doesn’t know its bottom from its elbow.

Since about October I’ve barely had the chance to sit with my staff team and discuss what we’re all in the establishment to do, teach. Alterations of guidance to justify government responses, alterations to ensure a government agenda is pushed through and so on...

Free school meals cost pennies in comparison to other projects that are useless and ineffective yet here we are debating the greed of others and the fact some folk simply don’t want to feed a few people whilst entering to the four Yorkshireman sketch...again, I was poorer than you.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 957
GollyGTFC
January 14, 2021, 7:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
I don't think any government either red or blue, should have got involved in providing free school meals out of term time.

It was obvious somebody would have to get the "meals" ready which then opens a whole new set of problems about the quality and quantity, quality control and all the rest.

Like a lot of older people, I have experienced first-hand extreme poverty, far worse than anything today (except in very exceptional cases)  but every family made sure their children were fed, no matter what the hardship. Surely it is not unreasonable to feed your own children when they are not in school?

Firstly, that's utterly bullshido. If you think "back in the day" you experienced first-hand extreme poverty but everyone fed their children and everything was better and everybody had their priorities in order then you are either lying or you didn't experience or don't know what extreme poverty actually is. Children have and still go hungry. I happily suggest you do some research into poverty in this country (both historic and current). The Joseph Rowntree Foundation is probably a good starting point.

And I would politely remind you that this is term time. Children are still doing school work via online teaching or work packs with teacher support or a mix of the two.

And remember, the parent(s) of children on free school meals have seen their income disproportionately hit by the current mess. Last year those children claiming free school meals went up by 1 million. That should tell you that poverty is on the rise and this is a national crisis.

And this is a general rant...

It's funny how the gammon mob who complained about foreign aid and moaned "we should look after our own" have remained resolutely quiet and not got angry as "our own" children go hungry.

Millions of the most vulnerable have fallen through the cracks in this country for too long. We're heading into the worst recession this country will ever experience (due to the government's catastrophic handling of COVID & the self harm caused to our economy by Brexit). A lot of people who haven't given a damn about the poorest in our country and have lapped up the right-wing press' bile about them being "scroungers" and "dossers" are going to get a reality check and get to live in their world.

We have a government handing out huge contracts to their friends and donors without any sort of tendering process, often for services and sectors they have zero experience in, and some people are getting angry about the poorest children being given £15 a week so they can eat properly whilst learning from home.

We all pay tax. Every single person in this country. Be it PAYE, National Insurance, Council Tax, VAT etc... Paying tax is a social contract between government and the population. We pay taxes and in return we are looked after when we are in need. Back in 2010 I was ill to the point where I was admitted to hospital 6 times in 10 months and obviously I had a lot of time of work during that period. I received statutory sick pay, was able to claim a small amount of housing benefit to pay our rent and got a council tax deduction for the time I was unable to work. That isn't scrounging. I paid in to the system and when I was in need the system was their to support me and my family.

But we live in a country where the right-wing print media and their billionaire owners have indoctrinated a significant amount of people in this country that anybody claiming any sort of benefit is a parasite.

The system is broken. No one in our country should be going hungry. But that can't be fixed today or in the short term. But today children all over the country are going hungry. And that can be relieved immediately by giving £15 a week per schoolchild to the parent of these children to help them provide a decent meal every day.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 957
lew chaterleys lover
January 14, 2021, 10:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Now then all you SJW's who are quite happy to accept "Tory Vermin" as the title of a post but quite unable to get anything into perspective.

Growing up in the 1950's off Victor Street in grinding, relentless poverty, today's struggles are a tea party in comparison.

No bathroom, no kitchen, cold water only, outside loo, 2 up 2 down one coal fire. Clearing ice from the inside of the windows. The sort of thing that you lot only read about in books. Next door had cockroaches for a carpet and going to the corner shop down the passageway you had to take a broom handle to fend off the rats. We had to clear the spiders out of the outside loo before we could sit on a bloody bench with a hole in it.

I can assure you that today seeing somebody moaning about the quality of a "food parcel" in a home that was good even by today's standards sticks in the craw somewhat.

It doesn't matter how poor we were, parents fed their children. If you can't feed your children, don't have them.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 957
ska face
January 14, 2021, 10:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 820
And your advice for the 370,000 people who have been made redundant just in the last year is...what?

Go back in time and not have children?

As for people not having children, you might start to regret that view as you realise the UK’s ageing population is going to be absolutely poked in a few years when those in work are outnumbered by a bloated, highly dependent population of those not paying into the pot they rely on.

Where’s the money going to come from to cater for OAPs then? That’s right, out of the savings they’ve built up.

So for the sake of a few apples and a slice of ham now, the whole country could benefit in 10, 20, 30 years time.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 957
codcheeky
January 14, 2021, 11:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Now then all you SJW's who are quite happy to accept "Tory Vermin" as the title of a post but quite unable to get anything into perspective.

Growing up in the 1950's off Victor Street in grinding, relentless poverty, today's struggles are a tea party in comparison.

No bathroom, no kitchen, cold water only, outside loo, 2 up 2 down one coal fire. Clearing ice from the inside of the windows. The sort of thing that you lot only read about in books. Next door had cockroaches for a carpet and going to the corner shop down the passageway you had to take a broom handle to fend off the rats. We had to clear the spiders out of the outside loo before we could sit on a bloody bench with a hole in it.

I can assure you that today seeing somebody moaning about the quality of a "food parcel" in a home that was good even by today's standards sticks in the craw somewhat.

It doesn't how poor we were, parents fed their children. If you can't feed your children, don't have them.

You come across as a man who would be pleased to see the return to these conditions for anyone unfortunate enough to lose their job, suffer disability or mental illness, let their kids suffer and stop moaning about it is your mantra .
You think there is nothing wrong than in companies stealing money from the poorest children in society to boost profits and bonuses for the richest?  This Tory government has not only allowed this but encouraged it and is surprised that there is backlash.
  I was born very close to the same area  with our house demolished around 1970, I don’t think that gives me the right to say other kids must suffer. If we are not trying to build a better country for all the people in this country not just the wealthiest what is the point .
You epitomise the greedy and selfish attitude that is making our country an ugly place. Perhaps a society should be judged on how we treat the least fortunate, poverty is growing, society is failing too many.
  You are lucky to have lived in a time when conditions, health and life opportunities improved fantastically yet you seem to want worse for your grandkids children who could just as easily be laid off or only get a zero hours contract or heaven forbid be born with a disability. Do you honestly think starving kids into malnutrition will benefit this country in any way? Do you honestly believe people promised £30 food parcels should be given a bundle worth a fiver and there should be nothing said? The company supplying this should be kicked off all future government contracts and made to pay the difference back
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 957
ginnywings
January 14, 2021, 12:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Think a lot of us have got stories of growing up in a terrace house with not a lot of money. I could tell some poverty stories too, but what's the point? Things were more neighbourly then and there was always someone who'd lend you a few bob until payday, or give you a bit of food to tide you over.

We don't know what this woman's situation is. She may have had a well paid job until the pandemic struck, or any of multiple reasons why she needs food to feed her kids. Having a nice house is not a crime FFS.

I really despair sometimes at the gross disparities in our society, especially when you see how some other wealthy nations treat their citizens in more enlightened countries. Why do people keep voting for these self serving, selfish, greedy fookers?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 957
GollyGTFC
January 14, 2021, 1:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
I think some people (fuelled by the right wing print media) have a distorted view of what the welfare state is and how it works.

Coincidentally James O’Brien on LBC summed it up brilliantly earlier when talking about the NHS.

People contribute based on how much they have and receive back based on what they need.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 957
KingstonMariner
January 14, 2021, 1:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Golly, you made a very good point when  “ who complained about foreign aid and moaned "we should look after our own" have remained resolutely quiet and not got angry as "our own" children go hungry.”

We were also told that we will have an extra £350 million a week to spend on our own people when we pulled out of the EU. Again, the usual suspects have conveniently forgotten this.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 957
GollyGTFC
January 14, 2021, 3:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Golly, you made a very good point when  “ who complained about foreign aid and moaned "we should look after our own" have remained resolutely quiet and not got angry as "our own" children go hungry.”

We were also told that we will have an extra £350 million a week to spend on our own people when we pulled out of the EU. Again, the usual suspects have conveniently forgotten this.

Re: EU...

I've read & heard some hilarious anecdotes on twitter and on radio from Brexit voting people who live on the continent during winter months and have been accessing English Football through their Sky Go accounts and are now furious that since 1st January UK customers could no longer watch football on continent as we are no longer part of the EU and therefore are excluded from the scheme that allows EU citizens to still receive their pay TV subscriptions in other EU countries. #ProjectFear
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 957
Chrisblor
January 14, 2021, 4:09pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
Hey look at this, all the Tories 'levelling up the North' promises from the last general election? Turns out they were load of lies (as many of us told this message board's Tory supporting posters they would be) - https://www.ft.com/content/2c22f6b7-a73a-411b-8b27-2b21db4006bc

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 957
96 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.