Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 27 Guests

Taking the knee

This thread currently has 23,036 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
September 21, 2020, 4:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
When I see individuals saying they're not going to support t because they're Marxists, I could cry at the sheer stupidity of their cry. I doubt one of them has ever read Marx or even attempts to understand what it really is.

They hide behind the banality of "All Lives Matter" as it trying to reclaim the moral high ground.

They're going to turn their back on them if it happens when there's a crowd there? Good, let's be able to identify who the racists really are, because that is all the argument is about, preserving the racist hegemony.

No doubt the taking of the knee - I've done it myself on more than one occasion - will eventually go back to being a black symbol, very much like the clenched fists of the 1968 Olympic Games. That's only until the next unexplained black murder, and the nesxt......

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 221
ska face
September 21, 2020, 4:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,616
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from pen penfras

That the mere phrase "black lives matter" has an implication that other lives don't matter.

Yeah if you’re really dim, have no grasp of context and have been living under a rock for the past few years.

This point has been (regularly) explicitly explained, but if you want to pretend that you don’t understand it then that probably says a bit more about you than you’d hope.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 221
Rodley Mariner
September 21, 2020, 4:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
It's funny how many people are suddenly deeply concerned about the plight of other non-black ethnicities. You lads could do a fundraiser for the Native Americans you know? I promise I won't appear and start accusing you of not caring about the Rohingyas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 221
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 21, 2020, 4:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from mimma
Marcus Rashford will be overlooked in the new years honours list.

He hasn't donated any money to the Tory party, he only helps poor people.

🤦🏻‍♂️

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 221
GollyGTFC
September 21, 2020, 5:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Oddly (or not) James O’Brien touches on this issue in the final half hour of his show on LBC today. Well worth a listen. Especially for certain people.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 84 - 221
GollyGTFC
September 21, 2020, 5:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Boris Johnson

who said I was angry,and certainly not in the least bit threatened,  I belive that this movement is divisive, and equally racist,

Well if something upsets you so much that you turn your back on it the only reason I can think you’d do that is because you are either angry or maybe scared. Which one is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 85 - 221
arryarryarry
September 21, 2020, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from KingstonMariner
In point if fact it hadn’t served it’s purpose. Just look at how many complaints that act got on that talent show. 15,000 was it? I bet most of them claim not to be racist. As if!

Les Ferdinand thinks it has.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/fo.....rk-rangers-decision/
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 221
arryarryarry
September 21, 2020, 5:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ska face

You’ll not be taking part in any minutes silence for remembrance day then, and demanding the iron-on poppies are removed from players shirts then yeah?

Only a complete nincompoop would come up with that comparison.

Remembrance Day is to remember those who gave their lives for freedom in many wars. Poppies are sold to raise money to support the Armed Forces Community.

And to top it all it's once a year not before every frigging football match.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 221
ska face
September 21, 2020, 5:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,616
Gold Stars: 840
Ah right. So that’s isn’t politicising sport but this is. Wars famous for being apolitical events...
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 221
Rick12
September 21, 2020, 6:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
It's funny how many people are suddenly deeply concerned about the plight of other non-black ethnicities. You lads could do a fundraiser for the Native Americans you know? I promise I won't appear and start accusing you of not caring about the Rohingyas.
I think as humans we should be concerned about each other Rodley be it black, white, brown etc . Hence were all part of the human race and all connected to the web of life. Ultimately though looking after our planet has to come first though. We have only been around as humans 200,000 years and in that short time we have done untold damage to the planet. David Attenborough current programme on the BBC "extinction "graphically illustrates that as well.

Its for this reason why I have had always so much love for the Native Americans that goes back many years and  goes in line with my own strong conservationist tendencies. Hence as other successful entrepreneurs  have said despite what we have achieved in our Western society via materialism and comfortable way of life we can learn so much from these people where most lived in harmony with nature. Hence without a sustainable planet to live on everything else just falls by the wayside .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 221
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.