Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 17 Guests

Taking the knee

This thread currently has 22,647 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
September 21, 2020, 11:08am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Boris Johnson
each to their own...I will just turn my back

Why do you feel so threatened about other people having equality with you? Do you think giving black people equality can only be achieved by you having to give something up yourself? What makes you so angry about the idea that BAME are treated like white people?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 70 - 221
friskneymariner
September 21, 2020, 11:17am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Why do you feel so threatened about other people having equality with you? Do you think giving black people equality can only be achieved by you having to give something up yourself? What makes you so angry about the idea that BAME are treated like white people?

White privelege.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 221
Boris Johnson
September 21, 2020, 11:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from GollyGTFC

who said I was angry,and certainly not in the least bit threatened,  I belive that this movement is divisive, and equally racist,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 221
pen penfras
September 21, 2020, 12:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -140
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ska face

Which is what?

That the mere phrase "black lives matter" has an implication that other lives don't matter. What the message is supposed to be is about equality, but what about Asian, Oriental, Native Americans, Mexicans, Eastern Europeans and a whole host of other people that could be deemed to be taken advantage of in some way or another by the "rich white man".

Why does destroying British heritage need to be a part of a movement for equality? Atrocities committed in our colonial past were absolutely wrong, but we shouldn't try to destroy all evidence of them, we should keep them as a reminder of our past mistakes and learn from them. Why does a movement that wants equality want to abolish the police?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 221
Azimuth
September 21, 2020, 12:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 58
Quoted from ska face

You’ll not be taking part in any minutes silence for remembrance day then, and demanding the iron-on poppies are removed from players shirts then yeah?

Rememberance day is the very opposite of a political statement or demonstation you clown and for you to suggest it is shows a staggering level of ignorance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 221
Eastendmariner
September 21, 2020, 1:07pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 22
let me take you back to a certain player named Tony Ford and certain Chants emanating from the Pontoon incorporating the N word we look back with shock and from my opinion with distaste.

ask yourselves is it ok to do that

Is he not a Town Icon a legend so why chant offensive words to one of our own ?

it seems to me that no one takes certain things that seriously.

All lives matter but why do people counter argue one against the other to prove a point, mammary for tat.

If the players want to take the knee fine It's their choice  No one get upset when a players runs on the pitch and they kiss the floor point to the sky cross their chest etc mumble and mumble little verse.

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 221
pontoonlew
September 21, 2020, 1:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
I must say I much prepare the Premier Leagues new approach which is more aimed at racism in general, not giving in to a BLM marketing campaign.

It’s a really slippery slope you get yourselves into when clubs like QPR have been chastised for not doing it. So now what, do you do it forever and hope that BLM don’t brand you as a racist club when you stop?

In my eyes BLM are an organisation who are intent on division and have actually caused more harm than they have good. You’ve got a brilliant opportunity here whilst the subject isn’t going away to make a change, yet BLM have peddled their Anti Police, Anti Semitic and Anti ‘white’ balderdash which has instead just alienated people. At some point people are going to look back on the BLM group and awkwardly acknowledge they were part of it and didn’t get involved in a decent anti racism campaign instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 221
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 21, 2020, 1:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,760
Gold Stars: 177
Interesting that les Ferdinand has come out today and said : o

‘that it was good PR but it’s message has now Been lost and is about as much use as a hashtag or a pin badge ‘

‘Taking the knee has now been diluted, much in the same way that the clap for carers ran its natural course’

The statement he makes is spot on in my opinion. It’s not that people don’t care about it, it’s lost any impact it had. For me, the likes of Lewis Hamilton have over played it meaning the good work that’s been done by the likes of Marcus rashford Is now not as effective. And if Marcus Rashford doesn’t get sports personality of the year or recognised in the New Years honours, something is amiss

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....essage-has-been-lost

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 221
mimma
September 21, 2020, 2:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Marcus Rashford will be overlooked in the new years honours list.

He hasn't donated any money to the Tory party, he only helps poor people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 221
Rick12
September 21, 2020, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from pen penfras

That the mere phrase "black lives matter" has an implication that other lives don't matter. What the message is supposed to be is about equality, but what about Asian, Oriental, Native Americans, Mexicans, Eastern Europeans and a whole host of other people that could be deemed to be taken advantage of in some way or another by the "rich white man".

Why does destroying British heritage need to be a part of a movement for equality? Atrocities committed in our colonial past were absolutely wrong, but we shouldn't try to destroy all evidence of them, we should keep them as a reminder of our past mistakes and learn from them. Why does a movement that wants equality want to abolish the police?
Well said.

Its shocking what happened to the  Native Americans Indians though. Hence they lived in most of what is now the United States of America and colonists came and bullied and killed millions in that quest for power .Now only pockets of original Native American land remain as your most likely aware.

I think  those that support the abolition of the police that's  quite a crazy view and is linked to that of the extreme left. Hence in most  society's since the dawn of man law and order has always existed in some shape or another.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 221
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.