Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Taking the knee

This thread currently has 22,964 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
September 20, 2020, 9:07pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ska face

Our freedom to do what exactly? Freedom of speech? What happened to that?

Quoted Text
I don't really care that players take the knee, but BLM doesn't send a message of equality to me.

What part of that says they shouldn't have freedom of speech? It says I disagree with the message of BLM, not that they shouldn't be allowed to make a point that they believe in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 221
Croxton
September 20, 2020, 9:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
It will go on for as long as the players feel the need to protest, and it won't just stop because ignorant white people are easily offended by racial inequality.

Leaving your own racist comment aside, did you mean white people like me are offended by 'inequality'? Yes many of us are, and demonstrate that in many ways in their lives. If you meant to say ' equality' then I think it is basic social justice.

I question the assumption that all town players, whatever their ethnicity are entirely comfortable with a public display of 'solidarity' when this gesture is so easily associated with a BLM hard left political agenda. If all players participate, surely that is reminiscent of North Korean worship of a despot during a military display. Hardly a personal statement.

Why do you want to pile this societal pressure on to young players? They already have a strongly worded set of protocols from the EFL ( for all staff), and wear the ''Not Today Or Any Day'' logo on their shirts.
Would you like fans to 'take the knee' as we enter the ground? One has said he would. Fine, his choice. Let the players have theirs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 221
Rodley Mariner
September 20, 2020, 9:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
There seems to be plenty of pressure on 'these young players' to stop it which I'm guessing is fine with you. If you genuinely think they're kneeling to support Marxism then God help you.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 221
TheRealJohnLewis
September 20, 2020, 9:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Croxton

Leaving your own racist comment aside, did you mean white people like me are offended by 'inequality'? Yes many of us are, and demonstrate that in many ways in their lives. If you meant to say ' equality' then I think it is basic social justice.

I question the assumption that all town players, whatever their ethnicity are entirely comfortable with a public display of 'solidarity' when this gesture is so easily associated with a BLM hard left political agenda. If all players participate, surely that is reminiscent of North Korean worship of a despot during a military display. Hardly a personal statement.

Why do you want to pile this societal pressure on to young players? They already have a strongly worded set of protocols from the EFL ( for all staff), and wear the ''Not Today Or Any Day'' logo on their shirts.
Would you like fans to 'take the knee' as we enter the ground? One has said he would. Fine, his choice. Let the players have theirs.

A lot of anger there,  I am not applying any pressure to go either way, to take a knee or not.  It is there choice, the pressure is coming from the anti-BLM side of this arrgument not those in favour.

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 221
sam gy
September 20, 2020, 9:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
So, so many snowflakes crying about some footballers taking the knee. Again.

Wahh wahh wahhh. Pathetic.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 221
Croxton
September 20, 2020, 9:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
There seems to be plenty of pressure on 'these young players' to stop it which I'm guessing is fine with you. If you genuinely think they're kneeling to support Marxism then God help you.

Didn't say that and you know it. What is it about straw man arguments that so attracts you? Just deal with what folk actually say and then you will actually be discussing the issues as opposed to slinging Twitter like insults. Oh, and best leave deities out of it don't you think?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 221
LH
September 20, 2020, 9:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Three pages and no-one has said all lives matter yet. Have we broken a record?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 221
ska face
September 20, 2020, 9:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from pen penfras

What part of that says they shouldn't have freedom of speech? It says I disagree with the message of BLM, not that they shouldn't be allowed to make a point that they believe in.

Which is what?
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 221
arryarryarry
September 20, 2020, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

A lot of anger there,  I am not applying any pressure to go either way, to take a knee or not.  It is there choice, the pressure is coming from the anti-BLM side of this arrgument not those in favour.

How do you know it's their choice. Some of the younger players may feel afraid of repercussions from other players if they don't get down on one knee.

Thankfully not all F1 drivers feel the need to get down on one knee even if it upsets the excrement out of Lewis Hamilton and the moaning pathetic Sky commentators.  
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 221
Rodley Mariner
September 20, 2020, 9:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Now you mention it I thought I saw a single tear running down James Tilley's cheek as Matt Green glowered at him and slowly ran a finger across his own throat.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 221
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.