Marinerz93
September 26, 2020, 1:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from headingly_mariner

To be fair the UK is a quality place to live, I love it and I love how in general we embrace different cultures.

I don’t think we should give up because we are a progressive nation. At the minute it feels like we are going backwards and everything is so divisive.

I was talking to a young kid who turns out for my 5 a side team sometimes. He’s mixed race and he tells me he experiences racism regularly, mostly ignorance which is bad enough, but some targeted abuse.
This week he was unlocking his moped as 3 schoolchildren walked past “what you looking at you black illegitimate?”
Had a long conversation with a Mum today who’s moving her daughter school because of the racist abuse she gets, gets it off loads of different kids and she just wants to go to school and learn.

intercourse are these kids getting this excrement from?

Still a problem in our society, we should strive to make it better and not trivialise it.

If you look at early Disney cartoons they use stereo types and these cartoons are still aired today. Also kids look for differences when they are looking to taunt other kids, it could be hair colour or big teeth / ears and it's when these kids get a reaction they target the taunt even more because they know they'll get the reaction they want.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/.....den-vault-ncna998216

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 221
Sandford1981
September 26, 2020, 2:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Marinerz93

One thing that has always confused me from the time of slavery is that religion was part of everyone's daily life and it wasn't until William Wilberforce quoted from the bible and says Remember that God made men equal.

For centuries blacks were dehumanized and treated as a commodity, blacks were bought and sold through slavery and it's the deprogramming of that way of thinking that needs addressing.

The book ‘Natives’ by Akala covers this and a whole lot more. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t read it already. It’s challenging but a truly outstanding book.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 221
23 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.