Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Taking the knee

This thread currently has 22,960 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
September 23, 2020, 5:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Was there even a mention on here when we didn't take the knee against Morecambe? I certainly don't remember anybody saying they wouldn't go any more or that they'd turn their backs if we didn't do it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 221
friskneymariner
September 23, 2020, 5:39pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
If I kneel I shall be there all match.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 221
rancido
September 23, 2020, 7:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

I've only seen critism for taking the knee, I've seen nothing for people not taking the knee.  I would say you are making it up.

I recall quite recently a West Indian cricketer criticised the England and Australian cricketers for not taking the the knee prior to a game - and that certainly wasn't made up! But f you think I made it up then check it out and prove me wrong.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 221
rancido
September 23, 2020, 7:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from rancido

I recall quite recently a West Indian cricketer criticised the England and Australian cricketers for not taking the the knee prior to a game - and that certainly wasn't made up! But f you think I made it up then check it out and prove me wrong.

The West Indian cricketer was Michael Holding and it was reported in several national newspapers. I won't hold my breath waiting for an apology for  allegedly "making this up".

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 221
Withnail
September 23, 2020, 7:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 36
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 221
TheRealJohnLewis
September 23, 2020, 7:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from rancido

The West Indian cricketer was Michael Holding and it was reported in several national newspapers. I won't hold my breath waiting for an apology for  allegedly "making this up".

Footballers, other sportsmen? Michael Holding critised the "lame excuses" and not the actual act of not kneeling.  Even if you do find 2 or 3 quotes to back up your very weak point, which I doubt, the pressure of enforcement is clearly coming from the anti kneeling side.  

Private Message
Reply: 155 - 221
rancido
September 23, 2020, 8:00pm

Vodka Drinker

Footballers, other sportsmen? Michael Holding critised the "lame excuses" and not the actual act of not kneeling.  Even if you do find 2 or 3 quotes to back up your very weak point, which I doubt, the pressure of enforcement is clearly coming from the anti kneeling side.  

Did they or did they not "take the knee"? It was reported on BBC Sports, Sky Sports, The Guardian, The Cricketer, Wisden, Daily Telegraph and Evening Express. It even made The Belfast Times, Indiatoday and even The Hindustani Times! But of course I made it up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 221
Norseman
September 23, 2020, 8:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +275
Gold Stars: 48
2 red crosses to my question not sure why. Do people red cross you if they don't like the question. Could be they don't like or know the answer. Still no ideas though why people with free choice and such strong feelings played 3 competitive games without displaying that support and strength of feeling to BLM. it's just a question folks

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 221
RichMariner
September 23, 2020, 10:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from male private Nale

Kick it Out campaign was about racism, BLM is not about racism, you obviously aren't aware or don't understand the fundamentals of BLM. Also what they hell are you on about switching on the TV and not recognising people similar.... you haven't watched much television over the past few years and the drive for diversity then.

So I don't understand the fundamentals of BLM and you do? And you're saying BLM is not about racism? Blimey.

I mean, wow.

It's about striving for liberation, freedom, equality — three things they wouldn't have to strive for if racism wasn't a thing.

But it is. Institutionally and politically. Inherently. Casually. Sometimes unintentionally. But if you want to simplify it to suit your own limits then fine. Continue living in your small world.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 158 - 221
pen penfras
September 24, 2020, 7:58am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71

I've only seen critism for taking the knee, I've seen nothing for people not taking the knee.  I would say you are making it up.

The I guess you only read this board. Formula 1 had a huge ding dong when drivers refused to take the knee, they've now stopped moaning, but still saying they should all do it. QPR and I think Coventry have been making national news for not doing it in their game. Cricket has had a spat, I think rugby has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 221
23 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.