Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Taking the knee

This thread currently has 23,058 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 20, 2020, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
For me, it’s gone on way too long.

How would the world feel if, just for example, a minutes silence was held at 3pm every week for armistice day or remembrance of 9/11 or sinking of the titanic. It doesn’t matter about colour or creed or religion. Nobody cares about someone that got stabbed in east China and I know that No-one gives a Flying fu(k about my auntie when she died in Rhodesia.

It’s the media that are putting it in the spotlight. It’s them focusing on black or mixed race players prior to kick off.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 221
Croxton
September 20, 2020, 9:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from sam gy

You are just hilarious.

Twitter a bit slow tonight Sam?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 221
Rodley Mariner
September 20, 2020, 9:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
For me, it’s gone on way too long.

How would the world feel if, just for example, a minutes silence was held at 3pm every week for armistice day or remembrance of 9/11 or sinking of the titanic. It doesn’t matter about colour or creed or religion. Nobody cares about someone that got stabbed in east China and I know that No-one gives a Flying fu(k about my auntie when she died in Rhodesia.

It’s the media that are putting it in the spotlight. It’s them focusing on black or mixed race players prior to kick off.

September 11th and Armistice Day happened in the past. We mark them to remember them. Racial discrimination clearly and demonstrably happens now. If people kneeling bothers you more than institutional racism then.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 221
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 20, 2020, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

September 11th and Armistice Day happened in the past. We mark them to remember them. Racial discrimination clearly and demonstrably happens now. If people kneeling bothers you more than institutional racism then.......

Oh. So the outcry isn’t about past slavery etc then??

It’s all because a bloke dies at the hand (or knee) of the police then?

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 221
Rodley Mariner
September 20, 2020, 9:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
No it's because of ongoing institutionalised racism. The sort that leads to events like the George Floyd killing. Slavery was bad though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 221
Rodley Mariner
September 20, 2020, 9:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Just a thought for those talking about peer pressure, freedom of choice etc. I haven't read anything where a single fan has said 'If they don't kneel then I won't be going' but conversely Twitter, Facebook and The Fishy has a number of red-faced, angry men deeply unhappy and in many cases making threats because they did.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 221
male private Nale
September 20, 2020, 10:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
I don't care what each individual player does as he comes onto the pitch, I don't get worked up at those praying to god, allah or to loved ones who have died. or whatever else they chose to do.

If individual players no matter how many want to take the knee prior to kick off then so be it, what I do not like and whole heartedly disagree with is that there has been a mandate driven by SKY, PL and other mainstream outlets for everyone associated to take the knee and Jesus if they don't then a big debate breaks out on sky about it.... that is what is wrong.

But go ahead liken it to Remembrance Day if you wish and keep calling us that disagree with BLM and taking the knee bigots, racists etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 221
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 20, 2020, 10:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
There’s people on here, imho, with double standards.

What ‘if’ a person of ‘African origin’ had died when on a fox hunt?

What if a white person had died in the same way by the police in America?

What if a white supremacacist (*sp) went into a mosque and blew themself and innocent people up?

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 221
headingly_mariner
September 20, 2020, 10:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
No it's because of ongoing institutionalised racism. The sort that leads to events like the George Floyd killing. Slavery was bad though.

I’m astonished that people don’t understand this.

It worries me that people are completely radicalised by nonsense they read all over social media, the same people that use the phrase “mainstream media”, like getting your news from varied sources of professional journalism is a bad thing.

If your news comes from Facebook or from YouTube channel then you may as well believe in flat earth and fairies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 221
RichMariner
September 20, 2020, 10:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
There is racial injustice in the world and I will quite happily support those who choose to protest by taking the knee for as long they want to protest in that manner.

It's a peaceful, non-invasive protest. It's what a protest should be.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 49 - 221
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.