Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,521 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
MeanwoodMariner
March 3, 2012, 9:28am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from forza ivano

i wasn't referring the £200,000 which is really a red herring, because he isn't putting in £200,000 in return for the shares, it is merely the balance of the £500,000 from a previous agreement (which the other party had paid up long ago)
when i say crumbs i am referring to what the trust actually gets in return for giving Fenty the shares and control he so desperately wants ,and in reality it adds up to diddly squat. IF the £200,000 was new money and/or the Trust had a guarenteed place on the board then the situation might have been very different

So you believe the £200k will be put in by JF regardless of the result of the vote? That's not how the proposal reads to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 365
MuddyWaters
March 3, 2012, 9:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from BlackBoots

Seriously would many give up their match day to steward, flip burgers or pull pints? I wouldn't

A lot of stewards at other non-league clubs do it just for the free admission, why are ours any different?
Private Message
Reply: 351 - 365
Pongo
March 3, 2012, 9:47am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The current mess does stink - because if Mr Fenty is such a fan, even he must accept that the club doesn't have a chance of a solid financial future whilst the balance sheet shows such levels of debt.

There is zero chance of any outside investment, and I question how Mr Fenty can even think why anyone might be interested in our current state.

Really where did Mr Parker come from then. Have i missed something, has Mr Fenty implied that there is likely to be someone interested.

See all the Fenty bashers are hanging around trying to put of the stranglers from voting YES. So what is there plan if Mr Fenty says up your then, i say to them.

I think consideration should be given to where the debt accrued from.

Was it mismanagement,
or
was it £700k of unpaid tax debt, the collapse of ITV digital and aborted relocation costs.

Someone wrote a good insight into this not so long ago may be shareholder can elaborate to just to shut some up.

BCWYWF

UTM and here's to a great win and no less than a draw on Tuesday.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 365
voice of reason
March 3, 2012, 9:53am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Pongo

Really where did Mr Parker come from then. Have i missed something, has Mr Fenty implied that there is likely to be someone interested.

See all the Fenty bashers are hanging around trying to put of the stranglers from voting YES. So what is there plan if Mr Fenty says up your then, i say to them.

Was it mismanagement,
or
was it £700k of unpaid tax debt, the collapse of ITV digital and aborted relocation costs.

Someone wrote a good insight into this not so long ago may be shareholder can elaborate to just to shut some up.

BCWYWF

My advice to the fenty bashers would be to stay away from the stranglers...

I would think the mess we find ourselves in is partly down to ITV digital collapse and aborted relocation costs but in the main I would say it's mismanagement, for instance, budgeting to lose £1 million in a season does not seem like a master plan, more insanity...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 365
MuddyWaters
March 3, 2012, 10:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Pongo

Was it mismanagement,
or

BCWYWF

You're getting Fenty bashing mixed up with wanting a sustainable future for GTFC. You can go back through the recent history of the club and come up with all sorts of dodgy decision making as well as ITV Digital, tax debt etc., but as has been stated previously, budgeting for £1000000 debt at Conference level is surely suicidal.
Private Message
Reply: 354 - 365
Marinerz93
March 3, 2012, 10:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BlackBoots

I though JF had said that in HIS view the agreement was broken by Mike Parker when he walked away, despite having an agreement in place to jointly fund the club going forward??

How should the club be managed better? I read regularly about the number of staff we have compared with Lincoln, Scunthorpe. I dont think that is true having done work at Scunthorpe Utd previously. Perhaps the club should use more volenteers?

Seriously would many give up their match day to steward, flip burgers or pull pints? I wouldn't

I believe you have the sequence of events right and this is were the confusion comes in for me BlackBoots.  MP walked away because things weren't happening as promised, especially at boardroom level.  He then invests his promised £500K,  the board and JF allow this, then after a few months of poor results rule 9 suddenly appears, JF stands down and refuses to put the funding in that if he had matched MP wouldn't have seen this whole sorry mess develop into what it has.  

The division amongst fans at a time when we should all be pulling together due to the 'best interests of the club' share bonanza.  MP is the first multi-millionaire to become involved with Town and he'll probably be last whilst that benign debt is around our neck.  Let's start getting it paid back and get Town moving forward as a going concern.

As for the running of the club, when I went to Dagenham & Redbridge years ago their chairman served me.  Many people in this day of austerity are going beyond what they did previously to get by, this is were the club are going wrong for a start.  If someone who isn't involved with business can see this what else in a business sense is wrong.  Scunthorpe it pains me to say for the time being are league 1 getting more money through being two leagues higher.  Lincoln have just dropped down and are in a financial mess.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 365
shareholder
March 3, 2012, 11:13am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You're getting Fenty bashing mixed up with wanting a sustainable future for GTFC. You can go back through the recent history of the club and come up with all sorts of dodgy decision making as well as ITV Digital, tax debt etc., but as has been stated previously, budgeting for £1000000 debt at Conference level is surely suicidal.

I would be interested to hear exactly what these dodgy decisions are.

Would agree agree with your sentiment on the budgeted losses, however you are just wrong, plain wrong.

The balance sheet was improved last year by approximately £68k. Yes that's the same year we lost £936k .

The balance sheet for 2010-2011 stands at  negative funds of £1,068,704 where as the year previous it stood at £1,126,727 this in part was achived by the introduction of new money when Mr Parker and Mr Fenty acquired new shares. Not to be mixed up with the £500k of shares Mr Parker subsequently purchased.

So it seems to me it was a planned loss and covered responsibly by two wealthy benefactors. Just think!!! if we had been promoted what would you be saying (it was a master stroke) hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it.

I tend to think as highlighted in an earlier post that the problems inherited, £700k Tax debt , the collapse of ITV Digital and NTL, with many players still having two remaining years on totally unaffordable wages, plus the aborted relocation costs are the reason for the club indebtedness to Mr Fenty.

I don't see how he could escape providing these funds without football fortune. Has he been unlucky in management appointments, or were they on the wall and bad decisions.  Correct me if i am wrong but didn't most people agree with each and every appointment in various polls at the time.

I would like to see some factually supported of bad management examples. Sorry that's the way i do business, even if it spoils a good story.

I will add to that by saying in football you have to take more risky, risks than in normal calculable business. Do i think we are saddled with insurmountable debt. Absolutely not!!!!!

We have assets you could throw into the pot. Hearn, Ryan Bennett projected receipts, and i am sure there is others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 365
roundballovalhole
March 3, 2012, 11:18am
Guest User
Quoted from shareholder

Would agree agree with your sentiment on the budgeted losses, however you are just wrong, plain wrong.

The balance sheet was improved last year by approximately £68k. Yes that's the same year we lost £936k .

The balance sheet for 2010-2011 stands at  negative funds of £1,068,704 where as the year previous it stood at £1,126,727 this in part was achived by the introduction of new money when Mr Parker and Mr Fenty acquired new shares. Not to be mixed up with the £500k of shares Mr Parker subsequently purchased.

So it seems to me it was a planned loss and covered responsibly by two wealthy benefactors. Just think!!! if we had been promoted what would you be saying (it was a master stroke) hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it.

I tend to think as highlighted in an earlier post that the problems inherited, £700k Tax debt , the collapse of ITV Digital and NTL, with many players still having two remaining years on totally unaffordable wages, plus the aborted relocation costs are the reason for the club indebtedness to Mr Fenty.

I don't see how he could escape providing these funds without football fortune. Has he been unlucky in management appointments, or were they on the wall and bad decisions.  Correct me if i am wrong but didn't most people agree with each and every appointment in various polls at the time.

I would like to see some factually supported of bad management examples. Sorry that's the way i do business, even if it spoils a good story.

Good Morning Mr Fenty
Reply: 357 - 365
MuddyWaters
March 3, 2012, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from shareholder

I will add to that by saying in football you have to take more risky, risks than in normal calculable business. Do i think we are saddled with insurmountable debt. Absolutely not!!!!!

We have assets you could through into the pot. Hearn, Ryan Bennett projected receipts, and i am sure there is others.

I'll start with the two decisions relating to Russell Slade, I'm now going out, but there's plenty more (I'll give you a clue: seat on the board in the middle of a ballot process!) later.
Private Message
Reply: 358 - 365
shareholder
March 3, 2012, 11:25am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1

We have assets you could throw into the pot. Hearn, Ryan Bennett projected receipts, and i am sure there is others.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 359 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.