Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,463 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
February 29, 2012, 4:46pm
Guest User
For crying out loud 80's, the idea of a free vote is that one votes how one feels.  You choose to abstain but tell other people they are wrong to vote 'no'.

Jeeezus. . . get over yourself man!
Reply: 330 - 365
forza ivano
February 29, 2012, 4:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,147
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from 1054
For crying out loud 80's, the idea of a free vote is that one votes how one feels.  You choose to abstain but tell other people they are wrong to vote 'no'.

just block him - i did it months ago and my fishy-life has been soooooo much happier ever since
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 331 - 365
MuddyWaters
February 29, 2012, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 1600

Sorry to disappoint you !

Been reading this thread and see you're voting no.
Personally I think you're wrong.

There's one question I keep putting to the "No" camp myself that no-one can answer...
Where's the money coming from ?
You prefer to take god knows what risks instead of sorting it and moving forward ?

And as far as the ballot paper goes please step into reality mate it's a yes/no end of !

Totally agree !

There's a massive difference between chewing the pros and cons over in theory on the messageboards and taking decisions that we might regret later.

I won't be voting for the reasons I've given but all I can say is, think carefully before you vote "No" !

tbh I just hope this gets sorted so everyone can move forward.

Obviously they're nice to have but it's not like they won't have any left.
At the end of the day Ipswin, given the precarious state of the clubs finances, does it make a lot of real difference how many shares the trust have right now ?
Personally I think the value and importance of the shares themselves is being overemphasised.
It's not like giving them up to resolve this boardroom control issue is stopping the trust move forward ?

Whilst you may have some valid opinions 80s, why do you have to be so pious & pompous?
Private Message
Reply: 332 - 365
ska face
February 29, 2012, 7:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,609
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from 1600

Sorry to disappoint you !

Been reading this thread and see you're voting no.
Personally I think you're wrong.

There's one question I keep putting to the "No" camp myself that no-one can answer...
Where's the money coming from ?
You prefer to take god knows what risks instead of sorting it and moving forward ?

And how will a 'yes' vote help the club "move forward", may I ask? Is it not just another case of putting off the inevitable? There will come a time when Fenty packs his bags and drives gets a taxi off into distance, it may be next month or it may be (god forbid) in ten years' time. What then?

Voting 'yes' would leave the club back relying on one man. The man who has overseen some of the worst financial management of the club in its history. That is a fact. Would you like to rely on this one man, with his dwindling fortune and past financial record, to somehow miraculously turn everything around? Things cannot continue this way. The club cannot continue to be run like it has been. A 'yes' vote would only see the same question being raised 18 months down the line.

One of the most significant, perhaps the most significant, reasons the club remains an unnatractive investment to external parties is because it currently owes Mr Fenty over £2m in 'benign' loans. These are loans that Mr Fenty has stated he never expects to see repaid and that have already been written off 'in his head' - but he remains reluctant to write them off on the balance sheet. Why?

Where is the money going to come from? Who knows, but I imagine we'll be a damn sight closer to finding out if we didn't have £2m of loans to pay back to this man.

A 'yes' vote is not a vote for progression. In my opinion, it is the coward's way out and another 'bending over' for Honest John.

A 'no' vote would, at the very minimum, open the door for further discussion and would allow for greater representation of the views of the fans through increased membership in the Trust.
Private Message
Reply: 333 - 365
marinerjase
February 29, 2012, 7:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
^spot on.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 334 - 365
Marinerz93
February 29, 2012, 8:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Pongo

Its point Chris but is it fair.

I suspect that if MP had not reneged on agreed future financial support beyond this season then all would be rosy.

With the MT and MP owning control, anyone would want their lumps feeling to carry on piling money in the their club.

Can anyone predict how the two are going to look, vote behave now, let alone in six months or a year and so on.

Fickle comes to mind. Meaning down right unpredictable.

last word on this dribble. Signing off BYE

Run the series of events again but this time put it down on paper instead of making it up in your head.  Read the series of events, then digest the information, keep that information for later debates and that way you can look at things more objectively instead of twisting things to suit your own agenda.  That or you are just a WUM.

No need to reply as I know your signing off.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 335 - 365
80sglory
February 29, 2012, 10:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054

I AM voting how I feel.
I'm abstaining because of other issues which have got nothing to do with the yes/no issue.
Does it mean I can't have a yes/no opinion on a messageboard ?
I don't think so - others are wise enough to make up their own minds and take reponsibility for themselves.

Quoted from ska face
And how will a 'yes' vote help the club "move forward", may I ask? Is it not just another case of putting off the inevitable?

It might be putting it off, who knows how it might go.

Quoted from ska face
Is it not just another case of putting off the inevitable? There will come a time when Fenty packs his bags and drives gets a taxi off into distance, it may be next month or it may be (god forbid) in ten years' time. What then?

Personally I'd bite your hand off for 10 years with JF in charge but that's just my opinion.
But yeah what happens after ? A good question I've said it myself.

Quoted from ska face
Would you like to rely on this one man, with his dwindling fortune and past financial record, to somehow miraculously turn everything around?

Some fans like Old Codger have talked about the need not to be reliant on one generous benefactor.
I agree - maybe it needs some serious thinking about.

Whether a "yes" deal would ultimately see plans develop is another matter but some are hopeful it might and at least it gives some time to plan ahead etc.
It's arguably a lot better than the club potentially being caught with it's pants down at the last moment ?

Quoted from ska face
A 'yes' vote would only see the same question being raised 18 months down the line.

Again you may well be right, who knows.
But yeah, I share your concerns.

Quoted from ska face
One of the most significant, perhaps the most significant, reasons the club remains an unnatractive investment to external parties is because it currently owes Mr Fenty over £2m in 'benign' loans. These are loans that Mr Fenty has stated he never expects to see repaid and that have already been written off 'in his head' - but he remains reluctant to write them off on the balance sheet. Why?

Hmmm, well yeah I could comment/speculate but I won't go there.
You'll have to ask him that I'm afraid.

Quoted from ska face
Where is the money going to come from? Who knows, but I imagine we'll be a damn sight closer to finding out if we didn't have £2m of loans to pay back to this man.

I agree maybe you're right again.  
But if he doesn't change his position (and let face whether you like it or not no-one can anyone force him to can they ?) then unfortunately the question remains doesn't it ?

I do see your view, beleive me I really do !

I just think it's easy to be idealistic in terms of what you'd ultimately prefer as opposed to the actual question and facts that are being put on the table open for consideration.

Way I see it, at least we KNOW we're getting finance, time and some stability until May 2013 - not ideal but at least we know what we're getting.

Maybe a lot of fans views comes down to this question of the increased loans vs living within our means ?
I'd like to hear the argument for both sides - can we realistically survive in the BSP long term if we cut cut cut (with or without JF) or should we speculate to get out of this league and put ourselves in an arguably better financial position ?
Is there a possibility that if we got promoted we could e.g. cut our cloth after in L2 ?
No doubt the loans/no loans debate will crop up again...

Quoted from ska face
A 'yes' vote is not a vote for progression.

I see a "yes" more as "buying time" but then I've no problem with JF (that's not a dig at you by the way I fully understand your concerns or you may not think he's the right man to take us forward)

Quoted from ska face
A 'no' vote would, at the very minimum, open the door for further discussion and would allow for greater representation of the views of the fans through increased membership in the Trust.

If you could guarantee that then I'd be probably in favour of it.
Suppose I'm just concerned what other effects it may have but once again, who knows.

Quoted from ska face
In my opinion, it is the coward's way out and another 'bending over' for Honest John.

tbf I can understand that view.
Am I running scared of what JF might do ?
Yes I admit I probably am !
But in the back of my mind rightly or wrongly I'm clinging to the hope Town can keep progressing under Scott and Hurst, battle our way out and maybe JF will be ultimately be happier with the situation.
At the very least, it's some sort of stability until May 2013.

Maybe the truth is there are no easy answers without a crystal ball ?
Reply: 336 - 365
MeanwoodMariner
February 29, 2012, 10:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Apart from your odd stance on abstaining, I actually agree with most of this post 80s ^^
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 337 - 365
headingly_mariner
March 1, 2012, 8:54am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ska face

And how will a 'yes' vote help the club "move forward", may I ask? Is it not just another case of putting off the inevitable? There will come a time when Fenty packs his bags and drives gets a taxi off into distance, it may be next month or it may be (god forbid) in ten years' time. What then?

Voting 'yes' would leave the club back relying on one man. The man who has overseen some of the worst financial management of the club in its history. That is a fact. Would you like to rely on this one man, with his dwindling fortune and past financial record, to somehow miraculously turn everything around? Things cannot continue this way. The club cannot continue to be run like it has been. A 'yes' vote would only see the same question being raised 18 months down the line.

A 'yes' vote is not a vote for progression. In my opinion, it is the coward's way out and another 'bending over' for Honest John.

Brilliant post!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 338 - 365
MuddyWaters
March 1, 2012, 9:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ska face

Abso-flipping-lutely. YES just puts off the inevitable for even longer, NO is a vote for a serious debate about how the club moves forward longer term. Surely that is in everyone's interests - even Mr Fenty if he's the fan that he says he is.
Private Message
Reply: 339 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.